New Members - Introduce yourself here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, everybody. I'm a teacher in China. Days ago, an American visiting teacher told me this interesting website.

hi

HI EVERYBODY
i am abdellatif bikri, i am 23 years old. I love to speak english, and get more deeper in the language concerning structure and form. I have been studying english in the university for more than three years now.

My attentions are, improving my english, talk with native speakers, and have some new friends.
thank you for reading

Hi, I'm Ed. Hope you'll be patient to help me learn correct english. Please help in expression: "East is East n west is west n never the twain shall meet". I want to know the history, how it is use and the meaning. thank you

Hello everybody

I am Juan

I would like to improve my English skills as far as I want, and I expect to manage the best

Red5 said:
New Members
:n00b:
Why not introduce yourself to us here and tell us a little about yourself?
:smilecol:
Hi, this is Phrisma. I'm from Colombia. Happy to find you.

hi, I'm Fatima. I'm a Engish Teacher...I'm 24 years , sometimes I visit this wed is useful for me and my jobs, everyday I improve myself. If you want get in touch,or u have some news about education, reply me. kisses:-o :up: [/COLOR]
I'm looking for July Festibities ...tasks, activities,coloring pictures whatever you have,send to blondygirl4501@yahoo.es

Hi everybody! My name is Ahmet, from Turkey. I'm sure you will help me with my conversation and writing. I'm very bad especially at writing. If you help, I will be glad. Thanks for your help already now.

hi,My name is Chen keqiang ,from Qingdao,China.And I'm a student of college.
This is my first time to come here,and I love this site.

Hi everybody!

My name is Martha and I live in California.
I am teaching my first ESL class right now, but I haven't had any training in how to do it! So I am learning to be a teacher at the same time as I am teaching English. I hope I can learn quickly!

To Ed,
Re: the quotation "East is East"
Here is an explanation which I hope will help you.
"East is East, and West is West, and never the twain shall meet."
The culture of the West (Europe and the Americas) will always be very different from that of the East (Asia). (Twain means “two.”) This saying is part of the refrain of “The Ballad of East and West,” a poem by Rudyard Kipling.
It just means that the East and West are very different from each other!
I hope that helps,
Martha

Hi

I am sheeba from india . Its great 2 b a part of this club. could anyone tell me whether ' double check ' is a formal american term .

Hi everyone.

I come from Poland. I am 30 ,living in a small village near Cracow.
I work as a history teacher, but have an ambition to improve my other skills ;-) .
If anybody has any questions please do not hesitate to ask,:-D

Bye
Buttercup

Hi to all!!
I´m Walter from Buenos Aires. This is the first time I´m here and think it´s a wanderful place to learn more english.
I hope to meet new friends from all over the world.
See you all
Byeeee

Hello everyone

My name's Jim (thestudentproofreader) and am from the UK

I like the look of this forum :cool:

Very impressed by the visuals

I have recently embarked on proofreading as, to be honest, it's something I like doing

I'd be interested in speaking with both students and fellow post-graduates or others who share my interests of reading/politics/IT and general conversation

Well- I won't make this too long, but, needless to say, I am glad to be here !

PS- I have no idea who the admin is here, hence I can't pm to have a question i need answered

In the (hopeful) case you are reading this, I ask you: do you allow signatures?

Cheers,

Jim

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back