New Members - Introduce yourself here

Status
Not open for further replies.
franko1 said:
Hello Everyone,
My name is Paul and I am from England. I guess I would say that language study is a strength and passion of mine. I studied Spanish as my degree (in the UK and Spain) and have a love of the English language (in particular linguistics and grammar), so hopefully I will be able to contribute in a few of the forums here.
I would like to with the best of luck to everyone in their language study.
Hello, Paul. I live in the basque country (in the north of spain) and i would like to be an english friend. If you want too, here i am. My language is euskera, the basque people,s language but we use spanish too. I´m a teacher in my 40s. If you want, put in contact with me. Bye, friend

hello, I'm Lis Diaz, a colombian English teacher and I'm glad i found this place to share with all of you.;-)

Re: Ahmed Azale

Hi everybody
I'm glad to be a member of your forum.
I'm from MOROCCO.
I studied management , but all my studies were in French,I just had some
business English corses in a private school.I took "the international business certificate " exam of the OXFORD university but didn't pass, that was very intresting.
I still feel that my English is not well.
So, I wish I can count on your help to improve it.
Yours Ahmed

Hello!I am Cihan Tezer.:hi:
I am eleven years old;from Turkey,Istanbul.:smilecol:
I am a boy.I am in my fifth year at primary school.I play basketball.
I will be happy if i meet a friend at same age.
Thanks.Bye.;-)

hi
it is saurabh from INDIA
i m glad 2 join the group
looking forward 2 enjoy the community members
byeeeeeeeeeeeee

In our habit before entering any discution or attending any group working we say "peace by upon you" like hello, goodmorning or goodevening...To all the group ' HELLO' I'm kais from Algeria, I'm very happy to join with tody.

Hamid From Iran

Red5 said:
New Members
:n00b:
Hi Everybody;-)
I'm Hamid Karimnejad from Iran .I'm studing in computer engineering ,now I'm Very Happy to be a member of your forum.i'm 22 years old and very interested in to learn english as a foriegn language because i think learn english as a foreign english offer a means off knowledge made of communication and instrument Of thinking better and growth in today's world.
i always open to new adventures .
I'm single and looking for someone.
You Can Keep in touch By my e-mail : knightraincity@yahoo.com
bye for now !

Hello,
My name is Renwick and I work with parolees as a counselor. There are times when I have to work with different languages I lke to say. The standard english language and that language used by convicts.

Hello,
I'm a correctional counselor with a fascination with the english language and often encounter another language in daily interactions with parolees. I find that sometimes a word does not come to me. I'm happy to have come across this site.

Hi everyone! I am Rita from Lithuania(Europe):-D I am 23 years old.:) I would
like to communicate with people from all over the word and impove my english skills.:-D

Hi everybody!! ;-)

My name is Romina, and Im writing from Buenos Aires, Argentina. I found this site and it seems very useful. Im preparing my FCE after a long time without practice and I need help! Hope I could find some good friends to talk and practice. I work in tourism and also Im still studying...
Bye for know and good weekend for all of you!!

Red5 said:
New Members
Why not introduce yourself to us here and tell us a little about yourself?
:smilecol:
Hi everybody! I'm Kjell of Sweden, and I've joined this site, for now, mainly because I'm studying English C at the "university" of Gävle, Sweden. Right now I'm about to write my C-essay. After a lot of brainstorming and thinking on my own I have decided my paper is going to be on translation, with the source language English and the target language Swedish. To narrow the subject further I have also decided it's going to be about prepositions, I think. My supervisor, however, advised me to narrow the subject down yet further, which sounds reasonable.
My supervisor advised me to look at a few different prep. and their corresponding expressions in Swedish; for ex. a couple of prep. of time: (for, during, in etc.) or place: (in, at, on etc.) or to look at prep. in fixed idiomatic expr. e.g. out of the blue, off the hook, over the top etc.
My own suggestion is to look at prep. regarding how concrete prep. at some time in history also became usable and useful in the abstract sense as well (or was it the other way around?). "I long for you", "I have been thinking of you", "I'm caught with this unpleasant thought... " etc. are a few ex. of this linguistic phenomenon. I'm thinking of taking a look at some reasons for and/or distinctions between the concrete and the abstract. How did the preps. get abstr. in English and how did the corresponding preps. get abstract meaning in Swedish; and why do these abstract preps. differ in Swedish and English? Are the main research questions that my essay hopefully will find the answers to.
Another thing I'm not sure of is what primary material I'm going to use. It must, however, be material that is written in English and translated to Swedish. Is there anyone out there who knows of a novel or short story where prepositions are especially frequent, and/or prominent as a means of achieving the stylistics of the text (form), and/or of great importance to the plot (meaning)? Or is there anyone who knows of the texts mentioned that contains other linguistical features, e.g. idiomatic expressions, interesting when it comes to translation to Swedish?
Or does anyone know of other texts, ranging from technical manuals to legal texts: contracts, agreements, and treaties a.s.o. that are interesting when it comes to prepositions? Maybe these texts are interesting when it comes to other linguistical features that involve translation e.g. translations, which have led to misunderstandings of serious nature for the involved a.s.o?
I'm open to all suggestions. Please feel free to answer!
Best/Kjell
P.s. I hope I can be of help myself to anyone who visits this site in the future.

Re: boubazal

hello,
I'm Ahmed from Morocco,i'd like you to tell me more about your self ,your country ,and your favorite subject(sport, culture,net,studies.....

Red5 said:
New Members
Why not introduce yourself to us here and tell us a little about yourself?
:smilecol:
I write and lecture on the federal aspects of divorce. My writing suffers from a lack of formal grammar training. Now that I am teaching myself Hebrew I note this weakness to a greater degree. The comma, is an especial problem. Further, there does not appear to be any training in Florida for people interested in grammar. Any thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back