New Members - Introduce yourself here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi my name is Arben, friends call me Beni and I'm from Kosova(Europe) I'm 33 years old and I work in military camp called Bondsteel.

It's good to search to find web sites like this.

Red5 said:
New Members
:n00b:
Why not introduce yourself to us here and tell us a little about yourself?
:smilecol:
hello
my name is anis I am from Morocco. I am a university teacher. I have been teaching for quite sometime (18 years).I am quite happy to join this forum and wish we could exchange our teaching experiences.it would be great.

Hello!!!!!!

Hello everyone!! my name is vanesa and i'm from argentina. i'm learning english so i'd like to meet people who i can chat with or email. if you want you can write me an e-mail just to get to know each other. my e-mail adress is vane_r307@hotmail.com i'm looking forward to receiving yours replies... good luck :up:

VANE :-D

Red5 said:
New Members
:n00b:
Why not introduce yourself to us here and tell us a little about yourself?
:smilecol:
Hi everybody I'm a French student in English language at the University of Lyon in France, my name is Marie, I'm 22,I'm glad to find here some clues and advice for the different works I'm asked to do.thanks a lot:up:

Hi. My name is Beth. I just recently went back to school and man, have I forgotten so much! That's how I ended up here (thank goodness).
I live in Kentucky, have 2 grown children and one granddaughter and finally have the time for school. It looks like I'm going to need lots of help, if ya'll don't mind. I'll try not to be a pain.....Beth

Hi everyone! :-D
I'm so happy to be part of the group.
By the way, I'm Wendy and I'm from the Philippines!
Let's learn English together! ;-)
See you around!

Hello

I'm Andrew Thompson and I live in the South of England. I write reports etc. in connection with work but also enjoy writing as a hobby. I have written one children's book and have various outlines of others on the go but haven't been published yet.

I am fascinated by the way English has developed from European and Asian influences and love playing with words. I get irritated by grammar and punctuation errors in newspapers, publicity material, etc. but often don't know whether I am right to do so - maybe I'm wrong, not them! I have joined this forum so I can check and improve my own English.

I also get wound up by the deterioration in English that I see in "business-speak" - particularly turning nouns into verbs - and the generally sloppy use of the language. So many people seem unable to pronounce the letter "T" when it appears in the middle of a word, or to say "the" properly - e.g. pronounced as "thee" when followed by a word beginning with a vowel. "The internet" probably winds me up most when people say "Thuh innernet". At the risk of starting off on the wrong foot, many of these practices seem to have been imported into the UK from the US. However, I believe the US is true to old English in some ways - I believe the BE word "colour" used to be spelt "color" over here at the time of the Pilgrim Fathers, so BE has corrupted it by the addition of an unnecessary "u" whilst AE has kept the original BE form. Can anyone confirm that?

Regards

Andrew

Hi All,
Kenneth is what people usually call me. Born and raised up in Hong Kong but now working in China. Interested in English but am in the process of both learning and teaching. The more I dig in, the more questions I realize in this vast language. Please lend me your hand when I need to.
By the way, does anybody know about the rules of forming present participle: -ing? Particularly for those with the repeating ending consonant and the ending -y consonant. Want to get some notes for that. Thanks.
Kenneth :roll:

Hello everybody

I am nosasharaf a new member in ur lovely community.

I hope to be a good member among u.

I am 41 yrs old
I used to be an English teachers , but now I am only a housewife :-(
I am from Egypt.....married and have 3 kids

Hi to everybody
:)

Hi everybody

Hello everybody
I am nosasharaf a new member in ur lovely community.
I hope to be a good member among u.
I am 41 yrs old
I used to be an English teachers , but now I am only a housewife :-(
I am from Egypt.....married and have 3 kids
Hi to everybody
:)

hi guys

i come from the philippines ....and i will be starting my new job as an esl teacher on the 2nd of may....was wondering if anyone can give mye any tips:) on how to handle my student on our first meeting.....ill be having a personalized instruction class...(1:1)

:-D
Hi,
I am very happy to join your group.
I am from India and a retired teacher.I am 68 and teaching DYSLEXIC children at home.I need your help in teaching phonetics.
thank you,
rukmini

Hello Every One

I Am Form India And Want To Be A Good Listner, Writer & Speaker Of English Language.

Happy To Join This Forum.... Hope To Learn Very Much.............

Bye

hey, everyone

im franicne, a single woman from Beijing of China, it is my first time to to here! hope to improve my english both in write and grammar, and also want to meet some interesting people here!

cheers

Splendiferous

My name is Lisa. My user name is Splendiferous. I am a 40 year old mother of two boys, a business owner and a homeschool teacher. I live in the USA in a area that was affected by Katrina.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back