New Members - Introduce yourself here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Red5 said:
New Members
:n00b:
Why not introduce yourself to us here and tell us a little about yourself?
:smilecol:

Hello,
My name is Gabriela Vaz and I am an English teacher in Portugal. I'm 49 and I've been a teacher (Portuguese and English languages) for the past 20 years. I teach basic and secondary levels.
I have a degree on Portuguese and English Languages and Literatures and I also have a master's dregree on American Studies.
As there are always many questions on the use of particular grammar items or on lexical updatings I found it very useful to become a member.

Red5 said:
New Members

Hi,
I'm teaching a deaf ESL student to write. However, I'm having trouble finding any resources that could help me teach writing to a deaf ESL student. Does anyone know of any materials that could be of assistance?
Thanks!:)

CBusack_32086 said:
I was wondering if someone could help me with this: "Flying over the oak tree, the farmer saw the flock of birds that had damaged his crops." I am looking for dangling modifers and I am not sure on how to re-word this sentence,

Hi everyone, my name is Al, and I teach a group of grade 5/6 special ed. students in northern Canada. I've just found this site and I think it will provide me with a lot of very useful resources.
In response to your query, I would re-word the sentence thus:- The farmer saw the flock of birds that had damaged his crops flying over the oak tree.

Red5 said:
New Members
Every time a child says there are no such thing as faeries,a little faery somewhere falls down dead.
Hi friends,
I'm mitzsou,teacher,catlover,believer in faeries,citizen of the world.
Best wishes to all

Hello everybody

Hello everybody!!!

My name is Tuan. I am from Vietnam. Now I am 18. This is the first time I have visited this website. I hope I can improve my English and make friends with more people from here. I am very glad to post something in there, hope everybody helps me. Actually I am not good at writing. Thank you very much. I'll be back soon.

Re: This is Iman speaking :)

imany said:
Hi
My Name is Iman Yassin my nick name Imany. (female)
I am 30 years old , I will become 31 on 1/5.
I am working as Research and Development officer in computer learning center.
I joined this forum because I want to improve my conversation skills and others english language skills.
I started my first step and it would be a great experience.
Thanks for all who helped me during the past days, and i will ask you more questions every day (feel free to stop me any time if i bother you :lol: ).
bye :hi:

Hi Imany,I am salib teacher of english from morocco,shall we chat a little so u can practise your speaking?join me in msn at salimanas@hotmail.com

Hi Ladies & gentlemen in usingenglish.com

I am a Palestenian Refugee, Live in GAZA.
I am a Staff Member at UNRWA/Education Department.
My Job Title is: Head Education Development Center.
I have about 80 subordinates (School Supervisors for all school subjects where ENGLISH Language is one of them). Our Mother Language is ARABIC.

I am in bad need to improve my English Languge, I am quite sure your usingenglish.com will help me much in this respect.

Best wishes for you ALL.

M. Moqbel

Red5 said:
New Members
hi..perhaps i m one of the most -aged people in your elf even after almost 30 years of tefl every teaching day is like a new day for me hope all english teachers around the world feel the same

Hey hello everybody
I'm just new in this forum.
My name is Antonio, my friends call me Tony
I'm from Mexico and I'm planning to study in the U.S. so I enter here to improve my english, now I'm taking English class, but I think that's not enough, I already download the idioms to check it when I have time to do it.

Well I don't know what else could I say.

Re: This is Iman speaking :)

I think you're a bit confused I am not Imany and this message keeps going into my email- you can look for imany in this english website . Just go to the page where you can search for Imany. Good luck!

shanang

Red5 said:
New Members

Hello everybody,:)
Here I have a question about the sentence below:
"There are many points while studying at university, when there may be considerable stress, perhaps at times of accessment, or times when the amount of work simply seems unbearable."
I am not quite sure about the structure, esp. the use of the first "when". Is it an attributive clause?
Your help would win a lot of my appreciation. Thanks a lot.
Have a nice day!
Christina

Hi need some help pls.Thanks

Red5 said:
New Members

Hello everybody,:)
Here I have a question about the sentence below:
"There are many points while studying at university, when there may be considerable stress, perhaps at times of accessment, or times when the amount of work simply seems unbearable."
I am not quite sure about the structure, esp. the use of the first "when". Is it an attributive clause?
Your help would win a lot of my appreciation. Thanks a lot.
Have a nice day!
Christina

Hi
I'm Tammy and I am a new memeber. I just now joined and I am just learning how to use these forums. I have no idea what I'm doing or what to do in the forum. This is weird. I feel like I'm talking to my computer. So, bear with me on this..............
I am joining this site, not to learn english but to teach english.
I am married to a Saudi National and have four children. We live in Saudi Arabia. So, I have been teaching my kids and their friends english on a spare time basis. That's the main reason I came to this site. It's a bit confusing to teach the english as here they teach British English, not American English. So, you could say that I'm also learning a bit.
I'm a stay at home mom, needless to say, it can be boring at times.

I hope that this site can be of great use for myself and the teaching of my children. Only time will tell though.

My name is Charlie. I own and operate an English School in Baotou, China.

My wife is the English teacher, though I am an American and speak English fairly well. I find this site very useful in preparing for the classes that I have!

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back