New Members - Introduce yourself here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello all,

My name is Liz Pando from Mexico.

I have just restarted giving English classes and this site has been of great help to me.

I will be teaching basic thru intermediate levels to adults, aimed to business interaction and I will appreciate all the ideas for active lesson plans and ideas from other ESL teachers.

Have all a great week!

Hello everyone :)

My name's Basia. I come from Poland. I'm 23 (actually, tommorow '3' will be replaced by '4' ;) Still, today is today ;)). I'm studying biotechnology and, hopefully, I'm graduating this year. However, I'm not keen on biotechnology... but English... ;)

It's nice to meet you all!

:-D

Hi
My nick name is Sngar (old Arabic name for the falcon ):cool:
I work as English teacher
I am 26 years old female
I want to improve my conversation skills and my students' skills in English
language .
I used to write articles at college , my teacher said that I am a promising
writer :oops: . May be I improve the writing skill also.;-)

Red5 said:
New Members
:n00b:
Why not introduce yourself to us here and tell us a little about yourself?
:smilecol:
I am time from somewhere in this world. I am a polite and nice person.

Red5 said:
New Members
:n00b:
Why not introduce yourself to us here and tell us a little about yourself?
:smilecol:

Hi I am a mother of 2 lively and more often than not ... mischievous boys aged 10 and 4 y.o. The four of us (husband included) live in Jakarta, Indonesia. I never dreamed of being an English teacher and translator... so what I am doing now (teaching English and translating) are not exactly my dream job... but am beginning to enjoy both teaching and translating. I teach academic english for the University students most of the time, but I also teach elementary school kids. The later is the most rewarding and challenging teaching I think.

As for translating... in the beginning it was done to help a friend now it is becoming my job.

There... that's almost all about me. Quite long introduction post... sorry about it.

Badra:)

Dear Hancy,

Your inquery is very interesting. I can explain the problem to you based on just my knowledge:

- must: used for Present and Future
-have to: used for Present, Future and Past.
But in a negative sentence:
-mustn't: used to show obligation
-don't have to: used to show non-obligation

For "be to + V", I think it is used like 'must'.

I am to go....: means obligation (no other option)
I have to go...: means non-obligation (I can not go if unnecessary)

Bye bye and Cheers

Thinh/Mr

Hi, my nick name is buffy and i don't know why did i chooce this name .How ever,my first languege is Arabic and i like to meet people from many cultures.My favorite country is JAPAN and hope to visit this country soon .Thank you :roll:

Re: Hello Everyone

Hi there everyone. I'm Andi (Male) from Malaysia
I just found this site today and am very excited to get to know you all
and to use this site to learn and teach English.
Cheers

New member: Rabab from Somalia say Hello to every one

:) Hello to every one .My name is Rabab (but may family call me Huda) I am 27 years old from Somalia.

I would like to send sincere greeting to every one who are member of forum.
I join the forum to improve my English in every side: Writing, speaking, learning the difference between British and American accent.

Best wishes to every one.:-D

hi to everybody
I am mustafa şahin from Turkey and I've been teaching for only a year. I need your teaching experiences. nice to be here
good bye.....

Hello,
I've been an English tutor from the Boston area and hope to be teaching in Mexico in the spring.

hello evrybody . my name is abdeslam .i live in morocco . i"m 26 . i study english language for 4 years now . but still i"v many problem when talking or writing in english and i"m hear trying to improve my english language.
thnks

Hi, I am Evia, from China.I am a postgraduate majoring in English linguistics.
I will graduate in July this year, and will be a English teacher. The text analysis tool helped me a lot in my thesis. Thank you. This is the first post in this great place:-D

Hello everyone
My name is Carlos Gonzalez, nickname Kaliche, 36, married, no children yet.
I'm glad to have this chance to share with people in english so that i can improve my language and willing to tell all of you out there about my country, Colombia.
I would like to meet teachers from other countries and know about their teaching experiencies as well as I I'd like to tell you about mine.:)

tdol said:
Hi, I'm a teacher from the UK- if I can be of any assistance, let me know. ;-)
Hello TDOL
I'm Carlos from Colombia and I have a favor to ask you for. Where can i get grammar explanation and exercises about reduced infinitives, like in: I didn't post your card, I forgot to.
If you could help me with some information about this topic I'd really appreciate it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back