New Members - Introduce yourself here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi my name is karam.I'm from Egypt . I wish to learn alot about The English Language.
karam

Red5 said:
New Members
:n00b:
Why not introduce yourself to us here and tell us a little about yourself?
:smilecol:
Hello to everybody!
I am here for the first time and I want to visit these pages more in the future.
I am from Czech republic.
rady:)

Hi My name is Ahmad I am from jordan I wish to improve my english language so please help me .

Hi everybody,
my name is Nina, I have been studying English for 14 years now. I like learning foreign languages in general, the main reason why is that it helps you to find a lot of friends all around the world and know other cultures.;-

Re:Hello from Alanya, Turkey

Red5 said:
New Members

Hello, My name is Eileen Bora, I live in Turkey with my Turkish husband and I teach English to a wide range of professions across the complete range of abilities.

I find teaching English to Turkish people both interesting and enjoyable although it can be very difficult because of the education methods that most Turks are exposed to.

Last year I taught one young man how to read, write and speak English who could not read or write his own language. He was a a lowly paid waiter only permitted to carry the tray while a 'proper' waiter served the customers. Now he is a Head waiter in a very nice restaurant frequented by many English and English speaking guests. That was very satisfying.
On the down side there are many who know a few words of English and think they have no need to learn more. That makes me sad.

I find that lateral thinking is not a hot topic here and sometimes the simplest exercises seem to baffle but thank goodness I'm blessed with patience and understanding.

I live in a block of flats where one of my neighbours is a Turkish woman who teaches English at Lise (Secondary school) and I am surprised at how often she comes and asks for advice about very elementary grammar and pronunciation.

I would love to here from anyone who also teaches in Turkey it would be nice to swop ideas on what works and what doesn't.

My best wishes to all.

Eileen Bora

Red5 said:
New Members
hey ! my name is Rachel.. really glad that i have found this amazing website ^_^

I'm so glad I have found this website. The material and contact is invaluable in my work with my Turkish students. Thanks for the opportunity to expand my ability to give quality teaching

Hi! everyboy, I'm a newly-registered member. I'm happy to join this site.
Oh! I almost forget to tell you that I'm from Cambodia. Do you know where it is? Cambodia is located next to Vietnam,Thailan and Laos.
Ok! nice to see you! Thank!!!!!

Red5 said:
New Members
hi i am a new member but let me tell you some thing about me. well i am a philologist and love to know about people i like to learn from all and teach english

RonBee said:
We can't help you much with improving your spoken English on the forum itself, but Tdol does, I think, have some links to some sites that are good for that.
Welcome to our friendly forum. :hi:
We are always here with help and advice to help you improve your English.
Where did you go to college?
:)
hi i am an english teacher and love to know from others at the same time i am always intersted to know from others and learn more

i went to college at st josephs colleger in india although my almamater is a good place to learn but the main problem is the grasp over vocabulary i think i need good command over vocabulay .

Red5 said:
New Members

hi deer
my name is Matilda, a 22 year old girl from iran
i found this site in google and i really want every body in this site to hewlp me improve my english
is that enough?

Hi !

I am Joan from Hong Kong. I like to learn English and will take part in
Pitman Exam soon.

Do you have any pass paper ? Would you kind to let me know ?

Joan:oops:

matilda said:
hi deer
my name is Matilda, a 22 year old girl from iran
i found this site in google and i really want every body in this site to hewlp me improve my english
is that enough?
hi im ahmad from jordan
can i be a friend to you

hi.. i'm germaine from malaysia. i'm a chinese and english is the second english i learn at sch. bt i found it nt enough to just learn from sch. i found this great side and thus sign up. glad to meet all of u guys and pray we'll hv a good time learning english together :)

Hi,
My name is Bekee but my friends call me Becks.

Iam a Nigerian and a 200 levels student of Hugh Goldie Theological Inst.

It's a great pleasure meeting this great site.

Hope it will help meet my aspirations in English Language.

Thanks
Bekee

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back