New Members - Introduce yourself here

Status
Not open for further replies.
:oops: I am a little bit embarassed for my english,so I ask you sorry immediately.According to you can I improve my pre-intermediate english with your help? I know that it is very difficult,but I want to try.
Do you want to help me?
:x-mas: Merry X-mas to everyone....:hi:

hello people!! i am new to this forum...i am 20yr old(young probably!!) student from India...loaded with great dreams for my future... my interests are in history, comp gaming and math... till now not cared much about english but to succeed its required...hope u guys can help...:)
and hi grazia and jean... pleased to know about u...

Last edited:
hi everyone
i'm mohammad from Saudi arabia. Al faify is my family.
i'm 20.

(Pardon me if my language not good but I come to here because develop my language so I hope from you help me):oops:

Al faify

littlewoodfarm said:
Hello,
Happy new year !
I will be regularly posting resources and replies to fellow members.
happy new year to you too!!
which part of india are u from?

Hi everyone,
I'm the the same boat as Touchwood. I'm American, so my English is fairly good (though the English might disagree;-) ) and I've been living in Italy for 20 years now. I find your site very interesting and it seems to resolve some tof the questions even I have sometimes. So I don't know if I'll answer questions or just look in and see what the answers are. Happy New Year to everybody:up: !

Hi...
I'm Danar, from Indonesia. Nice to meet you all...
I hope I can improve my English and make friends here....

:)

hi to all! i'm new here!can anyone tell me what am i going to do coz i dont know what to do!by the way im arci from Philippines.i joined here coz i want to learn more about english language.As i have read the posts of some of the members here i found out that this site is the one i am looking for.This site also finds me interresting that's why i joined.And i think i can also meet new friends here from different country.
from what i said earlier,i dont know what to do.i dont know how to post messages.where can i post or in short how to start?
thanks in advance!nice meeting you all!!!!:-D

Last edited:
Hi , I am Swati.

Hello,
I am Swati.

I hope by registering this site, i would be good communicator in English.

Off course, with the support from all of you.

bye.

A New Member's Inquiry: Which Came 1st - Language or Self-Consciousness?

Hello Everyone!
I'm interested in the relationship between the origins of language and consciousness, especially self-consciousness. How, when and why did the hologram-like illusion of an individual "self" arise? Did it precede and inspire the use of language - or vice versa - or is there no connection between the two?
Any and all thoughts on the subject are welcome! :)
T.J.

Re: A New Member's Inquiry: Which Came 1st - Language or Self-Consciousness?

Hi Tod, welcome...

Though I don't have a logical answer, it makes me curious, why do you ask those questions? What about you? Do you have an opinions to answer those?

Hello,

This is Mjaank a lawyer my experties are family law and domestic violence against women. i'm from Karachi Pakistan

pleased to be a member of ESL

Hi All,

This Rav from India.
I am trying to improve my communication skills. I hope, I choose the best channel.

Thank you guys,
RK

Hello everybody,
I am very happy to be a member of the Usingenglish fraternity, am engaged in teaching English to adult learners who have had very little exposure to English.Of course, I've a lot of questions. I'll ask them by and by.

Hi!
My name is Özlem(yuftos).I'm from Türkiye.
I am a teacher.I've been teaching English for four years.I'm here to correct myself:),my possible mistakes...
Thanks for your help...And it's also helpful to read the others questions and your replies...
I'm very glad to find such a site...
Thanks a lot!!!!!

Hello, all!

I am Chuck Funderburg, and am from the U.S.A (Near Tampa, Florida). I am a native speaker of English, and I do it well, I believe. However, even someone like myself can always learn something new about one's language, so I decided to "drop by." :)

Cheers,

Chas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back