New Members - Introduce yourself here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good day - this is a very active forum!

My name's Janice. I work as a marketing coordinator for a service company in the Washington, DC area. Being from the United States, I think, makes me either very picky about English grammar and spelling or very lazy. Often I encounter usage questions and don't know where to go to for reference other than a dictionary. This resource, while perhaps not appropriate, is a goldmine of information.

thanks all!

Self-introduction from Tsuyo

Hi, everyone!

My name is Rui SONG and my calling name is Tsuyo. People have been calling me in that name for ages. I am from China, more specifically Tianjin, just next to Beijing.

I am a postgraduate currently studying at Imperial College, University of London. My major is MSc in Translation which is in great relation to languages. My language pair is from English to Chinese. This discloses the reason why I joint the forum. I'd like to share linguistic understanding among others and I am looking forward to seeing you who could share with me or answer my question.

Good Day! Members

Sheren from Singapore.

Best Regards
(^_^)
Hi Sheren how r u ?
welkome very glad to meet u
iam Sabir from Kurdistan nice to meet u again take your rest if u need any help pleas ask iam ready to help everybody thanx

:-DHi, my name is marielbys im from venezuela, i hace 17 years, i've been taking class in english since 1999 whit my school, i have a cousin is from london, so i spoke with her most of times, i speak really good, but i have learn to write, i hope all of you help me if i write something bad.
Bye

from hakanfulya (Turkey)

:roll: AS YOU SEE I'm so confused I'm newcomer for this site, but I think It will be so delicious to be with all of you. so hello to everyone, from hakanfulya.

hi Tsuyo

nice to see you in this group, also I participatied newly to this site, hope to see you around, also my name is Sabahaddin YETİŞ, from Turkey/İzmir.:up:

Hell I'm Kumar. I am very much interested in improving my communication skill.Thank god for this site.
lovingly
Kumar

Hello everybody,
First I would like to introduce myself. My first name is Vladislav, which is a traditional Czech forename used by several Czech princes and kings in the past. My surname Nohavica refers to either the left or the right lower part of a pair of trousers or jeans - so it might be translated into English as Trouserleg. My nickname is Živel [zhivel], which means Element in English.

My registration here is obviously a result of my chronic curiosity.

I have been learning English since I was fifteen - that means for thirty-six years, and I do not think I can speak it well enough yet. As for English, I am a self-learner who, paradoxically learned most the language through teaching it. Yes, after the Velvet Revolution in 1989, I was fresh enough to start teaching at a secondary school without any previous qualification (I had a technical university degree in wood technology and English was merely my hobby).

Now I am an English teacher at secondary technical college.

That's about me.

Bye,
Vladislav

New Members - that would be me!!

Hi Everyone

I'm currently in "sunny" scotland, moving to Shanghai in January 2007, currently doing a TEFL online course prior to my move.

At present I work as an IT manager and am looking forward to getting a new job more involving people than machines. I haven't started looking for a job yet as I am terribly last minute and I should really pass the course first before looking for a teaching job!;-)

Kind regards

Funluvin:-D

Hellow to everybody!!!!! My nickname is Tatis but my real name is Tatiana or Tanya for short. I am from Russia.
Currently i work in the capasity of an interpreter and really like my job despite the fact that i worked as a teacher before and sometimes
i face difficulties in translating something cause i am among architects, electric engineers, mechanic engineers, etc.)))
do u see what a hard task i chose for myself?!!
really hard, but i try not to lose my heart, i should make headway, i will become a professional one day.
As for my English i do want to polish it up, i have much practice in it but still feel that i lack many words when speaking...So, if time is available i will set such a goal and ll try to come to it!!!!!!

Last edited:
From Spain

Hi all,
I teach English in Seville, Spain, and am planning to recommend this site to all my students. I'm sure it will be terribly helpful for them all.
Cheers,

T.

Hi,

New Members

:n00b:

Hi, I am Veronika, I´m from Slovakia. I would welcome to get to know some interesting people through this page. I am looking forward to chat with somebody from other country. I am at work at the moment but in 15 minutes I am leaving. :up:

New Members

:n00b:

Why not introduce yourself to us here and tell us a little about yourself?

:smilecol:

Hi,
My name is Cindi. I am tutoring English to a Russian student. I study German and Italian and would like to go to Europe, some day, to teach English. I'm practicing by tutoring.

Hi Friends From Wherever You Might Be

hi everybody... I'm new in this site so please HELP!!!
I'm Ruben from Argentina. I'm an architect and last year I became an English Translator. If I am happy? Yes, I'm very happy cause this time I found the job I've been looking for for all of my life. What about me? I love studying and trying to improve my English is my cup of tea. Wherever I go to I practice the language. Contact me. Thanks

:smilecol:[/quote]

Last edited:
Hi, I'm Andi - I am English!! I found this site whilst checking an item of English grammar (onomatopoeia for any who are interested). I use English as a foreign language tool when I am working with German/foreign colleagues and also I am a school governor so thought it wise that I brush up on my grammar rules. Did you know that very few English people know the structure of their own language???

Hi Andy...I'm not so sure I'm doing Ok with this site. I hope so. Yes, what you say is true. I'm aware of the lack of command that both English and Americans have when using their own language but it is something natural to occur. Few people speak or even write respecting the grammar rules and that is awful for us, learners, as we acquiere the wrong things as something correct. Once in the States I sounded too academic when speaking and here in Argentina I felt like a fish out of water in a meeting with businessmen coming from Britain when I said "Peter does business with..." and not Peter do business with...as the English did. Bad for me...I am a translator.

hellooooooooo, :lol: :lol: :lol:

i am very happy to join this website,

first of all let me intruduce my self

i am Translator-ah i am from united arab emairates

and i will be very happy to make friends,

thank you

bye

hello everyone:hi: . my name is Manal and i'm so glad i join in and i would like to improve my english skills with you guys. wish me the best. all yours.;-)

:-D HI, my name is Cindi and I'm from California. I am tutoring in English and studying German and Italian.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back