New Members - Introduce yourself here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi!
I'm a new regitered member. I'd like to say hellow to everyone but I don't know where and how to post my greetings. Please anyone teach me how to post my message to the forum. (Os ot OK to post it here?)
Thank you very much.
Roseate.

hi everybody, i am glad to have discovered this website as this will be of great help to me as a teacher. i want to discover new techniques in teaching english as a second language.

Hi, I'm Ali. I've always lived in the United States and English is the language I've learned since birth. Now, I'm married with kids, and my family has chosen to homeschool our children. Our oldest son has Asperger's, and our youngest son is dyslexic. We've been homeschooling now for 3 years (since our oldest son was in Kindergarten) and I enjoy being able to spend as much time as needed on one area of their academics until I know, beyond a doubt, that they truely grasp that area of learning.

With that being said, it seems that both of my children need additional help in grammar. My oldest understands the basics for the most part, yet needs more practice with such things as: nouns, prounouns, adjectives, adverbs, conjunctions, synonyms/antonyms, capitilization, abbreviations, and punctuation. While his speaking of english seems highly advanced for his age, it's his writing and spelling abilities that concern me. We've tried several workbooks put out by various companies, but it's not really bringing the results I'm looking for.

So, this year, I decided that we are going to "wing" English. I know that sounds a bit crazy, but it's true. I'm hoping that by using lots of good literature I can begin to convey the importance of proper english writing skills as well as inspire a love for reading.

I'm always open to suggestions, and since I'm having to make my own worksheets this year, would love the help from others more skilled in this task than I am. I look forward to getting to know everyone better in the future.

Ali

Nice, Sonia, to meet you. Every Summer I spend the month of September in England. This year I have been in the county of Kent, in Aylesford. I try to improve my English too, just as a hobby. Congrats for your lovely text.. My best wishes from Baeza (Jaén)

I'm trying to write a later to US immigration for a freind of mine who can't afford to hire a lawyer about her case. her case is as follows
1. she applied a green card in 2002

2. she is handicapt

3. her green card is over due now by this time she would have been elligable for US citizen

her socail security income is denied because of her status.

please help me to write a later of her behalf

Hello folks!
If I take the liberty to take the floor, that's because I've been invited to.
I came around just to have glance at the atmosphere.
I've always been a taker at meeting people.
The best is to come across someone who shares your concerns.
Which are mine?
Apart from learning to practise English (listening is an ordeal to me), I'm interested in a lot of topics that I couldn't list straight away.
Sure it comes out by replying to speeches, opinions or questions run on the forum.
Anyway I'm very pleased to meet you.
Read you and talk to you at any time soon.
Gee
man - old - living in the smallest town around the world - French speaking - good flyer - good lover - bad listener - possibly getting to be your reliable buddy.

Last edited:
Hey There I am anne
A student of MA TESOL in LONDON
student lost in the space doing a very important topic about prescriptive and descriptive approaches to be relavant to language teaching.

I used to teach kids from primary school age around 5 to upper elementary school age around 15 in Bangkok. Quite though!!

Then I used to teach adult, 50-60 age, via telephone line for four months before enrolling Master degree. I found that teaching Adult is difficult than teaching kids,,,,,,,

take care!

Hello everybody, I`m very glad to meet you all!
My name is Ileana - I wish I could give the phonetic transcription of my name ... I am a Romanian, and I live in Bucharest (well, I`d rather spell it Bookarest, it`s much closer to the real pronunciation) ... I teach English and French, and I strive to do it better and better ... I have a 17-year old daughter, Maria, who studies English and Japanese .... and last, but not least, we have a `zoo` at home, that is a dog, five cats, two guinea pigs and a turtle ... Both Maria and I love making new friends, and of course, we both want to improve our English, so we`d appreciate any comments and suggestions on learning - and of course, teaching - English. Thank you all, and we`re looking forward to hearing from you! :)

Hello,

I just knew about this forum this evening when I searched how to write a formal letter. It seems that this forum will be a great help to me in writing letters or articles in English since English is my second language.

Hello.My name is tananeko.I'm here because my teacher wants me to post some of my writing for you to see.:roll:
coming soon!!!

kukucs

Hi!
I'm Andi (male, 19) from Hungary. I learning English and artphilosophy /easthetics in the university. I hope, that I could improve my speking skills here.
Best wishes to everybody:Andi

Hi all
I am Dinesh kumar a new member
I am an Indian and invite you all to join my friend circle
I am learning english and hope you will help me

Hi everybody!!

Myname is Marco and I'm a teacher in Brazil.
I would like to share knowledgment, and learn a lot, of course.

New Members

:n00b:

Hi, I'm Sandra from Brazil and it's just my pleasure to know you all.:lol:
I found myself loving teaching, "babbysitting", "being a psychologist", "best friend, aunt,mother", at last, all those things that only who loves to be a teacher - in spite of everything- knows what I'm talking about.;-)

Hi There!

My name is Jackie. I'm a 51 year old female who decided to fulfill a lifelong dream and get a BS degree. I haven't been to school in over 27 years. I'm going to need a lot of help, but I sure I can do it.;-)

Hi evryone
my name is Alyaa I would like to learn english and i hope you can help me:-D
Thanks alot
Alyaa

Re: Hi There!

hi
i am 45 and i am bacck in school too
i am doing my B.Ed
I am sure you will succeed even more than the youngsters
all the best
liat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back