New Members - Introduce yourself here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello New Members,

My name is RAJ Lewis and I write Rooster Roo, who is posted on the Internet. I joined this site a while back, but now I will become more active. Grammar is a valuable tool for an author, and I need to improve my technical writing skills. Though writing style is not the most important element in fiction, my career does depend on a clear and elegant writing style. I have been taking the grammar exams here and find that in some areas I do well, but I have my weaknesses too.

I was born in the States, but I live in Germany. I can write in American English, though, I prefer to use British English. Seeing that many of my readers are Americans, I should witch back to American English. This is something that I will have to think about carefully.

I have started a non-fiction project, which is writing essays about literary elements, techniques and devises. I take writing fiction very seriously. I have finished the preface for "Book of Poetic Devices" by Rooster Roo. The first chapter will be about metre, the art of scansion.

Well, I have to take some more of these wonderful grammar tests now. If I can help any one here I will do so gladly because the best way I can help myself is to help others.

RAJ Lewis

New Members

Hi All.

My name is Ramil. I am from Azerbaijan.
I would like to lrean more and become good speaker. Hope I could do

The best regards

Hi to my new friends:hi:
I am so glad to have found you. I am a Wilson Reading Teacher who gets challenging questions from my students. How exciting to have a "real time" way to get answers!!:up:

Re:

:) Hi, everybody!
My name is Alla. I live in Michigan, USA for 4 years. Originally I am from Ukraine. I was a teacher there. Now am subbing for other teachers and working on my teaching sertification. Hope this website and forum will help me to improve my English.
Thanks.

:) Anyone who requires any help with some basic English grammar and composition, especially 'hispanoparlantes' (those whose native language is Spanish) feel free to contact me in English, Spanish or 'ambos', both languages. I was working with a linguistic project called "The Polyglots" not to be confused with 'polyglots' www.polyglots.com an excellent site where multi linguals practice different languages online. Sadly, the Director passed away due to a serious illness last year. Many of the private English 'academies and institutes' in Central America, in my opinion, do not offer the student (client) basic, practical and common sense training in teh English language, with the exception of a very few established international high school and university programs. Teachers in most cases are not certified and anyone who speaks, reads and writes passable, I mean just passable English may put up a shingle and begin teaching, which is why many of these schools will hire native speakers at very low wages (staggered hours, no work visa, no housing) at one 'prestigious' Academy here they pay native speakers $3.50 an hour as they did 10 years ago, students tell me their teacher is there one day and gone the next almost!

And remember 'learning a new language is learning also a new way of thinking'

Hi English ghosts
My name is MOHAMMED and I'm so glad to be a member here .. I wish you all the best .. :lilangel:

Hello to all the members!
I am an English teacher mastering at English Language Teaching Department.I have joined this forum to share our learning and teaching experiences with others all over the world.

I would welcome all your ideas,experiences,knowledge about learning/teaching.

Hi all.... just to inform that I'm beginner in this forum eventhough I have registered my name few months ago.

This is such a great forum !

;-)

Hi All,

I'm new hired member in here and I'll properly need your cooperation and help in sort of issues.
Communication & General public relations is my aim to build & develop my skills.

Have a great day all,

00966 5050 865 651:lilangel: :lilangel:

Hello

Hi, my name is Gozde, i write from Turkey and saying hello to everybody. I'm so glad that i joined here.

bye :)

New Members

:n00b:

Why not introduce yourself to us here and tell us a little about yourself?

:smilecol:
hi everyone out there.. my name is Ulises and i was born and grew up in the caribbean:CUBA..i am student of tourism with english..i enjoy ferreting out some definitions and doubts about english language on this webside which is in other words: AMAZING!!
IF any people would like to drop me a line or to be in touch with me..just GO AHEAD and lets do it from that moment on
see ya FoLkS

Hi Everyone! I am Ramon, a Filipino ESL teacher. I'm teaching Korean and Japanese students. I need some help though. Where can I go to get or search for ESL beginner, intermediate, and advance modules? Am at a quandry right now and need some help. Thanks to anyone who'll help.

Ramon

Hello, my name is Tove and I come from Norway!
I'm taking an English course through the internet and will possibly need alot of help!
I'm 22 years old, and have just finnished two years at the norwegian school of photography.

Introduction to community

Hi all,

I am shubham from India, and i opted to be a member of this large and respected group of english users as i am willing to have an international exposure to english. My ambition covers to get a touch of Language currently spoken, the trends that it has passed through in history and changes it is going through on a daily basis.

Hope to get benifited a lot by becoming a member, as some of friends have got.

regards
shubham

Hi
My Name is Aramide im from Nigeria, Im not really a new member, I only took a break. I am working in a research institute In Abuja as a Secretary. Im presently a final year distant learning student at Abuja University Im studying English.
I enjoy the forum cos we read and increase our view on English language.:)

Hey all,

I signed on here today so I haven't really looked around yet. I'm a writer and I tutor English. I earn a paycheck by working as an Adminstrative Assistant because writing and tutoring are not earning me much at this time - more passions than ways of making a living. I'd like to turn that around. :)

Anyway, I thought this would be a good resource for me, so I signed up. I'm hoping to make a few friends in the process as well!

Okay, back to earning a living. Hope to be back soon.

New Members

:n00b:

Why not introduce yourself to us here and tell us a little about yourself?

:smilecol:
Hello Members,
I am glad to join you today as a new member. I thank you for giving me the opportunity and shall be happy to interract with good people and minds like you.

Thanks and God bless.

Afiueacon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back