New Members - Introduce yourself here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi
I'm John teacing English in India, the language of which it is said, it takes almost eight years to learn completely for a native (Britain) student. I teach to sixteen and seventeen year old rural students who come to the twelfth class in 10+2+3 system. I say they are 'rural students' for, unlike in small, medium and big cities of India where one hears some Enlglish, they come to that class with little input of the language. They are perplexed to comprehend and to answer nuances like its and it's. They can never understand why they lose mark for not using 'does' after he, she, and it and why should one add 's' in the similar conditions mentioned above. It takes almost whole academic year to make them comprehend. Could you make any suggestions? I got my internet today only. To confess the truth this is my first visit to such forums. Some mistakes might have crept in my introduction. Bring to my notice. Hi, John Curren, you missed your an before M.Ed.
Hi!This is Rupali here,
I,m Rupali.I,m also from india.I think I can learn something from you,since you are a teacher.I,m really interested in learning english.My problem is that i make lot of grammatical mistakes as well as I get stuck while speaking due to lack of words or you may say due to lack of fluency,this makes me too embarrassed.I think you can really help me.Looking forward from you.
bye

hi, spa how r u , i am kumar from india. i would like to improve my englsih. last week joined in the forums. plz reply me as possible as early

Hello!!!!
I have to say that this is a wonderful website to improve our English skills.
I love the exercises etc. on this page.
Keep up the good work.

Hipfe

New Members
:n00b:
Why not introduce yourself to us here and tell us a little about yourself?
:smilecol:
hello or shall i say ciao! I'm writting from Palermo university (sicily) but i'm american (NJ) and i need your help!

Hello!

My Name is Noori Mohammad Mouqeem my nick name Noori (I mean family name).

I am 36 years old and I am from Afghanistan here about 10 % of people know English.

My field of education is Journalism but now I am working as Operations associate in UN mine action.

I joined this forum because I want to improve my conversation skills and others English language skills.

I started my first step and it would be a great experience.

Thanks for all who helped me during the past days, and i will ask you more questions every day (feel free to stop me any time if i bother you

bye
Noori:?:

Hi all,
My name is Eko, I'm an Indonesian.
I find this forum interesting as this forum seems to cover both American and British English. I'm sure by joining this forum I can improve my knowledge and skill in english.
Btw, could anyone tell me if Australian, or Canadian English would be different from these two? (BE and American English)

Thanks & regards.
Eko

Hi Everyone

My name is Alison. Im originally from Northern Ireland but have been living in Turkey since 2002.
I work in Real Estate and have just started a TEFL Cert course.
I hope to get lots of advice from the members here.

Alison

hello every body !
I've just registered :) I am here to learn English.This site is very helpfull.Thank you .Thank you :up:

Hi everyone,I'm call larry in my young 25. I found this site more helpful and quite interesting.Here I'm requesting for an Idea activity that I can use in my middle and college grader.If anyone have a game that can go with college grader,I would be glad to have it shared with me.
Please help.
Larry.
China.

Hi all,

It is Javier Fernandez from Buenos Aires, Argentina. I am 34.

I joined this forum because I want to improve my poor english.

Have a good day!

Hello everyone,

my name's Cedric, originally from France but I've now lived in Northern Ireland for the past 9 years.

I am applying for a Secondary French PGCE at the moment, and have decided to take the TEFL Cert in the meantime to gain some valuable teaching experience.

Looking forward to benefitting from other members' teaching knowledge,

Kind regards,
Cedz

hello everybody, my name is marco, i'm from Bolivia, I'm an English in a school, well, that's all for now. thanks bye

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back