New Members - Introduce yourself here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, I am 31, not in college, live in Dallas, TX and an umpteenth generation Native Texan. I have strange fascination with the English language and my friends think that I am a "word snob". I am not a teacher, I am a grant writer, so I find that it is in my interest to posses a unique array of eye-catching words and phrases. It looks as if I have found a great site.

Wow, looks like there are a lot of new members here! I've only been perusing this site for a few minutes, but I can tell already that I'm going to like it. :cool: I found this site when I did a search on words that sound the same but are spelled differently and have different meanings. I couldn't remember the name for them for the life of me! Of course they are Homophones.

In any case, I'm 52 and have been writing off and on since my teenage years - some poetry, but mostly short stories and essay-like commentaries with a creative and often humorous bent. I've had a very few works published beyond the Wonderings column that I wrote for a local magazine for 3 years. I am eager to write more now that I have more free time on my hands (unemployed, disabled) and hope to get published some more. That is, as soon as I can get all my science interests properly fed on the Internet first. ;-)

hello everybody,
i am abdou from morocco. i am 47. i like english very much. and i like to take part in what you are doing here.
nice to meet you.:-D

Hi. I just registered and I have a question.

Which usage is correct:

I don't remember me being so tired.

I don't remember my being so tired.

Thanks to all.

Ardie Geldman

SALAM for all of you

happy to write my first line in this forum and i'm too interested in having freinds from all over the world.
my name is keltouma, but my friends call me Kati, it's easier, I'm 23, and i've just got a Licence in english literature and studies.
Hope this won't be my last message.
C U

To Ardie Geldman

ur sentences made me a little confused, but I think that the first one is the correct one.If u say "i don't remember me being so tired" it means : i don't remember MYSELF being so tired. And if u say " i don't remember my being so tired" it means ;i don't remember that i was, one day, being so tired, being here is an adjective, it's like saying: i don't imagine my cooking, or i don't remember my studying so hard, .....
in this case we say that "i don't remember my being so tired" is like saying that i don't have any memories reffering to me as being so tired, it's like u've lost ur memory.
that's what i think, but if u got another explanation please let me know ok??

Re: This is Iman speaking :)

:) :-D hello how are you
Hi

My Name is Iman Yassin my nick name Imany. (female)

I am 30 years old , I will become 31 on 1/5.

I am working as Research and Development officer in computer learning center.

I joined this forum because I want to improve my conversation skills and others english language skills.

I started my first step and it would be a great experience.

Thanks for all who helped me during the past days, and i will ask you more questions every day (feel free to stop me any time if i bother you :lol: ).

bye :hi:

may prove difficult to lift (1)bulk (2)hulk

may prove difficult to lift (1)bulk (2)hulk
Hello, I am 31, not in college, live in Dallas, TX and an umpteenth generation Native Texan. I have strange fascination with the English language and my friends think that I am a "word snob". I am not a teacher, I am a grant writer, so I find that it is in my interest to posses a unique array of eye-catching words and phrases. It looks as if I have found a great site.

answer me this question

Re: - Hi everybody

New Members

:n00b:

Why not introduce yourself to us here and tell us a little about yourself?

:smilecol:
My Name is Jose Martinez my nick name Joselo. (male)
I am 30 years old , I will become 31 on 3 months.

I joined this forum because I also want to improve my conversation skills and others english language skills.

I hope that it would be a great experience.

bye

Hello! I am an ESL teacher in the USA. I have been teaching for about 5 years now, off and on. I live in central Washington State, where the teaching market is pretty slim:-? , but I plan on moving someday.
If you have any questions or comments, feel free to respond!:)

New Members

:n00b:

Why not introduce yourself to us here and tell us a little about yourself?

:smilecol:

Hello to all of you out there, i'm a fine looking young girl from senegal
infact having you as a friend will be one of the greatest achievement
for me. just try and see.

hello every one!
my name is ann , iam from pakistan.i am here to learn english.
improve my conversion skill . i hope u guys will help me.
thanks alot for creating such a nice net work . its good for all those who want to improve thier english.
wat i have problem is that in my comman conversion. i know most of the words and thier meaning but i dont know how to use in sentence. i hope this net work will help me .
many thanks again
Ann

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back