New Members - Introduce yourself here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everybody,

my name is Maciek. I’m 32 years old.
I’m an engineer and I live in Poland.
I would like to meet new friends all over the world and improve my English as well.

Hi people, I'm an advanced student of translation of english and as native spanish speaker my main concern when studying english has always been the use of the language in everyday speech. So I decided to join this group so as to ask for help from time to time.
Regards to you all.
SC

Hello Every One, I am vallerian from India, It is my great honour that this site has given me to learn and teach some one who is deprived of this facilities,And it would also be pleasurable if some of you can guide me, and be my friend here in this journey of life.:)

Hello I'm a new member - Bibi2015

:-D Hello Everyone,
I'm Bibi and new to this site. I've joined wanting to know your opinion on this question.

What is the role of the English language in our world today?

Hope to hear from some of you. Thanks.
Be safe !

Re: This is Iman speaking :)

hello iman, my name tayyip. ı want to improve english conversation, if you like we can speak english
Hi

My Name is Iman Yassin my nick name Imany. (female)

I am 30 years old , I will become 31 on 1/5.

I am working as Research and Development officer in computer learning center.

I joined this forum because I want to improve my conversation skills and others english language skills.

I started my first step and it would be a great experience.

Thanks for all who helped me during the past days, and i will ask you more questions every day (feel free to stop me any time if i bother you :lol: ).

bye :hi:

Hi

I joined this forum because I want to improve my conversation skills and others english language skills.

Thanks for all who helped me during the past days, and i will ask you more questions every day (feel free to stop me any time if i bother you :lol: ).

imany. why don't you reply me?

hi

ım engin ı joind this forum because ı wanted to improve my skills.:-o

And ım an intermediate class student in prep class. And ı have

some problems about reading texts:-(

ım in a university called METU in Turkey. and ım 18 years old boy:-o

Hi

Hi, imany and everyone,
I'm haila, I also want to improve my English skills joining this forums. I'm really glad to meet u all here. Hope we can share knowledge and experiences to each other,

I'm so interested in writing, especially looking on e-mail writing of students as a web-based writing learning. I find that students currently use e-mail as their communication tool among friends and also with the teacher in the classroom for many purposes such as for consultation or getting feed back relating to their assignments. This helps them to love writing and don't be afraid to start to write a mini-essay or whatever. How about ur e-mail usage in school?Is that for academic purpose? How does the language use in this asynchronous look like?Thanks_Haila

Hello everyone..I'm a new member. Nice to meet all of you. Hope you guys can help me in improving my english. Ok bye..

hello everyone, I'm a new member in this group. i'm glade to be with you all. please help me on writing and speaking english.

New Members
:n00b:
Why not introduce yourself to us here and tell us a little about yourself?
:smilecol:
Greetings! I am interested in learning more about the site as I have set a new goal for myself to pursue a career in Teaching English as a Second Language. I do have a Baccalaureate Degree in English but have only done volunteer tutoring. I plan to return to college and work on a Masters Degree in Tesol. I came across this website while searching for clarification on a question that I had and am happy that I have found it. I downloaded "A Primer for teachin English to speaker of other languages" by Stefann Chiarantano, earlier today. My long range goal is to teach English in a foreign country, possibly Slovakia ; in Eastern Europe.I need to brush up on my language skills though as I feel that I am a little rusty in some areas.

Hi guys, I'm Gian from the Philippines. I'm a third year college student taking up BS Computer Science. Ever since my elemetary days, I have never took my english subjects seriously. And now I'm experiencing the consequences of that. College life is full of recitations, essays, thesis writings, etc. and you have to do that in english. Sometimes, there's the idea in my mind, and I know that my idea is a good one, but what happens? The idea just goes off, why? because I'm afraid that my classmates will make fun of me if I speak with some grammatical errors.. It was a good thing I survived the last two years in college. Whew. But now, I'm in my third year, there's a lot of things to do that requires english speaking/writing skills. We must talk to a lot of different people like owners of companies, executives, and interview them, write business letters and proposals, etc.

I've been listening to some self help audio books like brian tracy's (my favorite) and one thing he mentioned is about self-limiting beliefs of people. For years I have believed that I'm no good at english, that somehow, english is not for me. But, what if it isn't true? What if I can be good, or even the best in english? I can say I'm a good computer programmer because I believed, I am. Why not I try to believe that I can be good at english? And then, I set goals, and listed that tasks to be done and said to myself "kaya ko to!" (I can do it!).

I have evaluated myself and I found out that the one skill, that if I mastered, will change my whole life and career forever, is mastering the english language. I want to talk and write in english with full self-confidence. I have set a goal for myself to really, really improve my english skills.

So far, I've listed some tasks to help me with my goal, and these are:

* Read at least one english book a week
* Watch english tv shows
* Write a blog / journal (in english of course) . At least 3 posts a week
* Answer at least 5 online quizzes a week (like the one on this site)
* Record my voice and try to speak and english to check my pronunciation.
* Be active at this forum and other similar ones.

Ok guys, that's quite a long introduction there. I hope that the people here are friendly and will able help me to reach my goal! God bless everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back