New Members - Introduce yourself here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Everyone
This is a great site, I have found it very useful up to now. At the moment I'm looking for information on - how to decline formal and informal invitations.
Any feedback or suggestions would be much appreciated.
Thanks
Karen
Dublin , Ireland

Hello from Spain

Just a quick note to tell you a little about myself. I have been living and working in Spain since 1976 and I have 2 small language schools here in the North. We teach children from the age of 4 and of course adults. Here in the north of Spain we have an added problem in that the children are taught their main language, Basque and also Spanish as well as English from the age of 4 and usually a second language ( mostly French ) as of the age of 11.

Tom.

Hi all,
I'm new to this site and hope to learn alot from it.

Hi, everyone

My name's Richard. I come from Nanjing, China. I want to use English here to make friends, improve my language skills!

The most important thing to me is to enjoy life!

Hello all of viewers
I am a new learner of english same like many others.I am unmarried and a Pakistani National.
thank you.

Hello Everyone,
I am from Hungary (Do you know where it is? It is a cute country.) and you can call me Dori. This much for now. D.

Hello,

My name is Elizabeth, and I am an American and have been living in Vienna, Austria, for the last 16 years. The Viennese public schools offer a bi-lingual English-German (local language) program, and I am a brand new teacher in this program. I basically co-teach with certified Austrian teachers, which means I'm not fully (thank goodness) responsible for the subject matter in my six subjects. I am expected to actively discuss concepts and vocabulary with students so that they develop active vocabularies in each subject.

I have a class of six graders in English. Their level is advanced and the books we have will not challenge them enough. We do have Essential Grammar in Use by Murphy. It seems to provide topical help, but I feel we need a comprehensive text book starting with the parts of speech, their sub-categories, and going on through sentence structure. I am considering diagramming, but it has been so long since I’ve done any that I also need refreshing myself.

Does anyone have any good recommendations for comprehensive grammar books (and teacher editions)?

I am grateful for any input.

Smiles :-D ,
Elizabeth in Vienna

hello everbody...
the name's jack and i own an english school
in lanzhou, the capital city of the gansu province
in the heart of china...
i'm always trying to better my lessons
and gain fresh ideas for teaching...
i got a feeling i'll be spending alot of time
perusing these pages...it's a solid site and well put together...

New Members

:n00b:

Why not introduce yourself to us here and tell us a little about yourself?

:smilecol:
hello every one , i'm Umang from India. I've been teaching in schools for a long time, now I intend to do some special teaching courses in pre-school english teaching , I need help .....
I'm sure being around will surely help.

New Members

Why not introduce yourself to us here and tell us a little about yourself?

:smilecol:
hello everyone , this is Umang from India. I have been a teacher for a long time now . at present I am with the pre-schoolers . i wanted to do some special courses on making english speaking an easier job for my children. thats where i need your help.I'm sure being around here will help.......

[Pleadsed to meet everyone quote=Red5;1701]

New Members

I am a Training Officer who has joined as a Volunteer Tutor in an ESOL Class. I am about to start a college course to gain a qualification in ESOL. I am hoping that all of you individuals can help me with any questions I may have. I also manage litereacy/numeracy/I.T. Courses.

I thank you in anticipation for assistance.

Kind regards

Maggie McPhersonWhy not introduce yourself to us here and tell us a little about yourself?

:smilecol:[/quote]

Hi everyone,

I'm Pia Dizon from Philippines and i love this site coz i'm preparing for my upcoming IELTS review! Hope you guys can help me.

hi everybody,

It's been a long time ago, but I still remember this site. I've learned a lot from you, teachers. Thank you for that.

See you later!

Zantje:-D

Hello,

My name is Elizabeth, and I am an American and have been living in Vienna, Austria, for the last 16 years. The Viennese public schools offer a bi-lingual English-German (local language) program, and I am a brand new teacher in this program. I basically co-teach with certified Austrian teachers, which means I'm not fully (thank goodness) responsible for the subject matter in my six subjects. I am expected to actively discuss concepts and vocabulary with students so that they develop active vocabularies in each subject.

I have a class of six graders in English. Their level is advanced and the books we have will not challenge them enough. We do have Essential Grammar in Use by Murphy. It seems to provide topical help, but I feel we need a comprehensive text book starting with the parts of speech, their sub-categories, and going on through sentence structure. I am considering diagramming, but it has been so long since I’ve done any that I also need refreshing myself.

Does anyone have any good recommendations for comprehensive grammar books (and teacher editions)?

I am grateful for any input.

Smiles :-D ,
Elizabeth in Vienna

Go here: https://www.usingenglish.com/forum/teaching-english/

(Say: "I would be grateful for any input.")

:)

:hi:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back