New Members - Introduce yourself here

Status
Not open for further replies.
My name is Arkady Brook.
I'm a teacher of English in a language school in Russia.

This forum seems to be very interesting for language teachers.
I'd like to wish every success to all the members of this community in the new school year that is round the corner!

My question is how do you start your first lesson after the summer break?
I would appreciate any experience you share.
Thanks.

New Members

:n00b:

Why not introduce yourself to us here and tell us a little about yourself?

:smilecol:
Hi my name is Angela and I teach basic and key skills Communication in my local F.E. college. My son has started university and I want to help him improve his writing skills. I have looked at lexical density and found this very interesting and will apply it to his first couple of assingments, poor lad!

New Members

Hello everybody!
My name is Min Thiha Kyaw. I am a Myanmar ( a Burmese ). I am interested in English Language. I am teaching English Language, especially grammar,writing and reading. I want to improve my English , so I have arrived here. Because I am a non-native speaker, my grammar needs to be better. If you see any mistake in my writing, please correct it.
With kindest wishes,
Min Thiha Kyaw
Sagaing Division,Myanmar(Burma),Southeast Asia

hello
I am a new member and I find this site very interesting especially for teachers of english in a non_english speaking country.It is really a treasure for both teachers and students.

Re: I am new here......

Hello everyone,

I have been looking for a site like this for some time, it is absolutely brilliant, I need to "brush" up on my English, and this is the best place possible.
I live in Bristol, i'm looking forward to making new friends here, and to finding out how I can improve my writing, it isn't too bad, but there is always room for improvement, i'm hoping to write a book, this is a good way to improve myself and, hopefully making my book look more professional, any tips would be greatfully appreciated, likewise, if I can help you then that is good.

Perhaps someone can start me off here, and tell me how they start with a singular "I" and how they start; is and isn't, do you, like me use the capital "I" in the context I am using it, then go to a small "i" when saying "is".
Is this the wrong, or right way, I was always told it looks better, but then i've been picked up on it too and, if i'm to write this book, I need it to look right.

Joalaneil

Re: I am new here......

Hello everyone,

I have been looking for a site like this for some time, it is absolutely brilliant, I need to "brush" up on my English, and this is the best place possible.
I live in Bristol, i'm looking forward to making new friends here, and to finding out how I can improve my writing, it isn't too bad, but there is always room for improvement, i'm hoping to write a book, this is a good way to improve myself and, hopefully making my book look more professional, any tips would be greatfully appreciated, likewise, if I can help you then that is good.

Perhaps someone can start me off here, and tell me how they start with a singular "I" and how they start; is and isn't, do you, like me use the capital "I" in the context I am using it, then go to a small "i" when saying "is".
Is this the wrong, or right way, I was always told it looks better, but then i've been picked up on it too and, if i'm to write this book, I need it to look right.

Joalaneil

Hi!!!
It's my first time here! I'm from Brazil and I'm still learning english!! So... sorry :oops: ! I hope you understand me, and help me!! :lol:
And I don't know how to use this site!!
Hugs,
Fereshteh .

New Members

hi every body iam rehab from egypt, married
i work as an english teacher and i want to practice it caz i feel iam losing my language

Hi All! :-D

My name is Denis.

I'm living in Russia. I'm 29 years old.

I'm currently employed as manager accountant at big telecommunication company.

I have registered at this forum in order to improve my English, to find a lot of tests and exercises. But the best thing I expect is to find the person for colloquial/written conversations in ICQ/Skype.

You are welcome anytime to contact me!

Im danyal khashabi 17 from Iran, A-Shargi, Maragheh !
Right now Im a stuent !
also Im a computer programer ! I program c++ ! specialy simulation of footballist robots .
Im delighted of joining to this comunity and being friend with you !

Hi Everyone
Languages, dialects & accents, fascinate me & I am in the process of learning Latin. I learned French & a little Spanish at school but no Latin, (obviously a deprived child hood).
I was born in England & moved to Australia (as an Adult). I found a number of problems when we first moved here. I was aware that some vocabulary was different here but I also found it difficult to understand some of the words because of the pronunciation of the vowels. My native accent is Wiltshire, which has a strong ‘R’, sound, as in car park, heart etc. It is also common, in words beginning with H to drop that H. For years I was under the impression my Father had an ‘Iatus Ernia’!
Although not too common, we occasional added an L on the end of a word as per the Bristol dialect (was Bristol originally Bristow, I wonder?) Therefore, a wheelbarrow was always a wheelbarrel which I still sometimes let slip.
Initially, it occurred to me that Australia has done away with the R sound! Not so, I just couldn't hear it. Car park becomes cah pahk, heart becomes haht. So, I frequently had to get people to spell out words.
I am a Midwife/Nurse so it was rather amusing, or annoying, depending on how busy it was, when I couldn’t quite understand a patient. (Stupid Pommie?) The funniest problem for a while was not being able to distinguish whether the patient was saying ‘pain’ or ‘pan’. So I returned to the patients with a couple of painkillers & a bedpan! (Not really).
I have become quite proficient in understanding various accents as we have many different nationalities living in Australia. This is the case in our hospital as many of the doctors in this area are from Asia & Eastern Europe. We often use interpreters but it can be quite an effort to get through examining or education our new Mums. There have been times when for example, the new mum is Vietnamese & speaks very little English, the Doctor is Croatian with a heavy accent, & the translator does not fully understand the doctor very well, so I have had to translate for the translator! Interesting.
I am considering the possibility of taking up teaching ESL, but that may have to wait until next year, after the Latin course finishes. Sorry to waffle on.
VMW:)

New Members

Hi,:)
My name is ışıl and I come from Turkey.I am research assistant in Mathematics Dept,Gebze Institute of Technology.I want to speak and writting english.I hope that this forum is benefit to me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back