New Members - Introduce yourself here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone :-D

My name's Judi, although most people call me Jude like in the Beatles song!

I'm Welsh, although only by an accident of birth, and have been speaking English for all of my 41 years. I'm hoping to improve my grammar by visiting this forum occasionally, and if I can meet some nice people in the process, I'll be more than happy.

I currently live near Leicester and fill my time working as a scientist, scoring cricket matches and watching and supporting amataur rock bands, especially that of my best friend Karl. His band, The Malfated, are my biggest passion ;-)

Hey guys, im Johnny

im doing a tefel course at the moment, and thought it would be useful to polish my up english,...opps first mistake English!! :lol:

are any of you guys finding English grammar really hard? :-?

:cool:

Re: ESL Conversation teachers required in beautiful Yamaguchi-ken. Japan.

THE BRITISH ENGLISH AND NEW DANCE ACADEMY.
SANYOONODA-SHI, YAMAGUCHI-KEN. JAPAN.
ESL JOB OPENINGS IN 2006.
Hello,
We are a small culture school located on the southern tip of Honshu Island (Japan), about 40 minutes by train from Shimonoseki - across the Kanmon straight from Kyushu island. Our city is called Sanyoonodashi and it has a population of about 30,000 people. We teach ''New Dance'' and ''English Conversation.'' At present we have 6 English teachers on our staff and 3 dance teachers. The dance teachers also carry out the day to day running of the school.
University and College graduates from English speaking countries are offered a monthly salary of from Yen250, 000 - 270, 000 for a maximum 98 hours monthly teaching schedule.
High school graduates from England, Canada, Australia and New Zealand can join us under Holiday/Work visa status and are offered a monthly salary of from Yen220, 000 - 230, 000 for a maximum 98 hours monthly teaching schedule. This salary will be increased to Yen230,000 – Yen240,000 after completing six months of contract.
Any hours taught over and above 98 hours are classed as overtime and remunerated at the rate of Yen2, 500 per hour.
Our teachers aren't usually asked to put in office time.
Teachers who are employed by us receive from 10 to 14 days paid vacation over Christmas and the New Year (plus two days off per week and relevant Japanese National holidays). The length of this holiday depends upon the school's teaching schedules at that time.
If our teachers extend their contact by 6 months, they receive an extra 5 days paid vacation. If they extend their contract by one year, they receive an extra 10 days paid vacation.
Requests for unpaid vacation are also seriously taken into consideration.
BENDA covers all ''Apartment Key Money' expenses, only asking the teacher to pay his/her monthly rental costs (which are usually around Yen40, 000 to Yen55, 000 per month). We also put in a telephone line to all our teachers' apartments and provide each teacher with a small city car for both business and private use. The teacher being requested to pay the yearly tax/insurance for the vehicle (coming to around Yen4, 000 / Yen115, 000 per year respectively).
Teachers joining us take over an existing apartment and have the opportunity to purchase furniture from an outgoing teacher. The Academy offers an interest free loan of up to
Yen90,000 to cover this transaction and a year ending bonus of Yen25, 000 towards travel costs.
The Academy covers work related accident insurance for all employees.
We have no restrictions regarding our teachers socializing with their students, so there's always a good opportunity to learn about Japanese culture and study the Japanese language together with local friends.
If you'd like to hear a little more about us, perhaps we could talk together over the telephone.
We presently have one job opening in August/September and another in November of 2006.
Teachers wishing to join us are asked to provide copies of the following documents: -
Copies of relevant diplomas.
Copy of resume.
Copy of relevant pages from passport.
Copy of International driving license (this can be sent at a later date).
Copy of a recent photograph.
We can be reached at: -
Tel/fax: 0836-84-6535
Tel: 0836-84-2390
e-mail: tednutton@yahoo.co.uk
Thanks a lot and looking forward to hearing from you.
Ted Nutton.
Principal.
The British English and New Dance Academy

Hello all, here's Fabio from Brazil.
I'm a young single man and I live in Sao Paulo, the greatest city in Brazil. I've ben to England last year where I met many kind people and I had great experiences. Now I am teaching English in a language school and I'm also working as a volunteer teaching English in a social project in my church.
I love meeting people, I really do. And I love learning new things. English is my passion. If you like it would be a pleasure to meet people here and exchange ideas.

Hi,everyone!
My name is Clarence Zhao, My Chinese name is Yu.
I find this website totally by accident, I really hope i can get more in there for my English study!

Hi My Name Is Sandro And I`m From Lima Peru :-d I`m A Skater And I `d Like To Inprove My English So Please Help Me

Hi, friends!
I am Lanchant, I come from China, but I am studying Advanced Software Technolgoy in India now. I have learned English for many years, but I seldom use it, so my English is still poor. Sometimes I can not to find the words to explain what I want to say, though I have grasped about 5,000 words. So plz help me!!!:-D

hi,i'm the new member

New Members
:n00b:
Why not introduce yourself to us here and tell us a little about yourself?
:smilecol:
hi,my name is aida,i'm 19 years old and studying english at university.i'm glad to be herewith you.
hope to be a useful member;-)

Dear all

I'm a new member of the forum. My name is Chuong, from Vietnam, 32 yearolds and married with 2 children. I intend to join this forum to improvemy English skills, esp speaking. Pls guild me how to join with you to speak by microphone or how to practice speaking best. Thanks:roll:

Re: hi,i'm the new member

:lol:
hi,my name is aida,i'm 19 years old and studying english at university.i'm glad to be herewith you.

Oh hi Aiida, are you English student at university? nice to meet you. can we speak together in this forum.

Hi everyone. I am a retired Title I teacher. My husband and I are currently traveling the USA as full-time RVers. I have been searching the net for an anonymous nonsense poem. One of the verses goes like this : "Yesterday morning around midnight an old man about the size of a boy." My grandma used to recite this poem to me when I was in grade school in the 1950's Is there a literary term for this kind of nonsense.

Re: This is Iman speaking :)

:) Hi there. My name is Anna and I am so excited to find this website.
Presently, I am working as a teacher in a secondary school in Hong Kong and I come across questions about English usage almost every day, and so I hope I can get some help from the others as well.

Hiii

Hello everybody here,

I am a new comer here, just few minutes ago, i discovered this useful website. I think i can learn so many helpful things here as well as meeting new friends from different geographical places in the world. I am wondering if it is neccessary for me to reveal myself here again while you guys can discover some basic infos about me by clicking in my profile? :)

Wishing everybody here have good days as well as enjoying your time here.

Lan&Mike

Hi everyone!
I'm Olha, an English teacher from Ukraine. I've been using plenty of ESL sources, but this is the first forum I've ever joined...) Don't know what comes out of it..) Suppose, communication is guaranteed...)

Hello evrybody!

My name is Jeff and I am from Brazil. I am very curious about thiswebsite. I have never checked it before, but I'm excited. It seems to be very useful.
I teach English in Brazil.:cool: :cool: :-D :-D

Re: hi,i'm the new member

Where are you from, Aiida?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back