New Members - Introduce yourself here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Olá a todos!
:-D
I'm a Brazilian male guy from Rio de Janeiro.
Hope to find some new pals around here. :up:

Hello all, my name is Ryan and I'm working in Virginia, USA as a brand new teacher this year. I will be teaching special education English.

I really want to help my students enjoy English language and literature this year, so if anyone has any pointers or can guide me to some helpful resources, I would be much obliged.

I love the site so far.

Hello every one

I am JBJ

Thanks
Jaydeep

Good day everybody!

I'm from China and nice meeting you all here

Hope I can get along well in this forum!

Hello from Brazil

Hi There!

i'm from Brazil, currently teaching English. I lived in Canada for 3 years and traveled to several countries in South America. I have a son 5 years old and i love my job. Hope this site helps picking some handouts.

All the best

Daniel

New Members
:n00b:
Why not introduce yourself to us here and tell us a little about yourself?
:smilecol:
Hi am Lennix Tagoe and a Ghanaian.I enjoy studying english.
Hope to widen my horizon of knowledge and also meet nice
guys like you.

Hey everybody,

first up, i'd like this opportunity to thank everyone has helped to make this website take a place,

My name is Meshaal, 21yrs old male, from the State of Qatar, Middle East.

my purpos of learning English is to complete my high education in England.

the main book which helped me to learn English easily and quickly is " English Grammar in Use " which i recommand everybody to read it and don't miss this great book.

ermm, i dunno what else to add lol, if you have any further question please do not hesitate to ask :)

Meshu

Anybody interested in functional grammar/Systemic Functional Linguistics?

This is Jack, originally a Geordie from Newcastle -the roughest place in U.K. In my former life I worked in Papua New Guinea as an agricultural officer, returning to Melbourne in 1974 at independence. After working at a government job in Melbourne I was downsized and have spent the last nine years teaching English in Fujisawa,Tokyo - a job I like immensely.To stave off Alzheimer's I have been studying for a M.Ed (TESOL) and have completed about half the units. Japan is almost at the bottom of the list of countries in English proficiency as measured by the TOEIC scale and this is painfully apparent to English teachers. Despite years of hammering away with the recommended textbooks nothing seems to get through. Australia, particularly New South Wales, teaches a functional grammar/SFL approach in many schools and I think this approach could be very useful in Japan. However, I do not think it is being implemented anywhere. Many scholars are studying and writing about it but nobody teaching it at the chalk-board.
Anybody out there had any experience with teaching functional grammar/SFL at a basic level?

Jack

Hi, I'm from China. It is the first time that I have been here. I don't know the way to use this forum. could you please give me a hand? And I also want to study English. What can I do in this forum?

hi, i'm summer,from china.
i have learned english for 4years in my university
my oral english is not very fluent. hope i can get along well here and improve my english.

New Members
:n00b:
Why not introduce yourself to us here and tell us a little about yourself?
:smilecol:

Hi
I'm Chandra from Kuala Lumpur. Spent 8 years teaching English in Singapore. For the past two and the half years, I've been in Kuala Lumpur doing the same. :lol: :lol:

Hi everybody !!!

:) :-D
I'm a student of university of education in Vietnam... I'm also learning English.

I'm happy to join the forum as a member of this website.
I hope that through this website, I could know more friends, and I'll spend time on practising English skills with my new friends.
I'm happy to talk with any friend who want to speak with me in English, because I really want to improve my English...
HAVE A NICE DAY !!!

Hi all,
I'm a Quality Control Engineer of a software company,and i'm learning English too.
By being a member of this site, i hope that i could have more new friends and also improve my english skilll.

hi, im new here. love the language and that decided me on becoming a member. discovered the site while googling. hope to make some wonderful friends here!!:lol:

Hi everyone,

My name is Linda and I am English, but now living in Spain.

This is a great site for learning and information.

Regards

Linda.

Hey Guys,
I'm Ajay, from India. Inspite of teaching English in my country, I'm faced with new questions everyday about the Language. So I'm really excited to join this site, clear my doubts & at the same time network with like minded individuals.
Regards,
Ajay

Hello fellow Members:
I have just joined the Forum and this is a brief introduction of myself.
I'm a 24 years old male and live and work in Herefordshire, in the South West Midlands of England, not far from the Welsh border. I was born in Hampshire, England and have lived in the UK all my life.
I have a great interest in my native language - English - and studied it at university, and I will be more than happy to discuss absolutely everything and anything to do with the use of English. It would be nice to chat about the study of English literature with Forum members.
If I can be of help to anyone who is learning English as a second language, then so much the better...I'd be delighted.
Bye for now.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back