International Café

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been looking for 'To kill a mockingbird' for two whole weeks and could not trip over it. I have consequently switched it by another book, 'Merde happens' of Stephen Clarke, which seems pretty funny thus far. Did anyone read it?

By the way, I have had bad time to choose between 'The Gost' of Robert Harris and this one. I have, however, chosen the latter because have found it more attractive.

The fact is that you can't accept one unless you read the book at least to the end of chapter 1! I also have your position on Merde happens 'cause it would rather be attractive than 'The Gost' would be. Nevertheless if I were you, I would have chosen both of them since they look like a whole lot of fun for those are fond of reading books!

P

Thanks Heidi for inviting me to the forums, thanks Sudhkamp, gracias Amigo!! I can't forget my buddies, Proof, Paja.Serbia and Sara. I'm having such a great time with you all. What more can I say? for the forums and let's keep rhyming! :-D:up:

I have been looking for 'To kill a mockingbird' for two whole weeks and could not trip over it. I have consequently switched it by another book, 'Merde happens' of Stephen Clarke, which seems pretty funny thus far. Did anyone read it?

By the way, I have had bad time to choose between 'The Gost' of Robert Harris and this one. I have, however, chosen the latter because have found it more attractive.
Hi, Phil! How are things going with the package deliveries? When do you head back to school?

Please do not give up your search for To Kill a Mockingbird! It is a great book! Perhaps you could rent the video starring Gregory Peck! (Check your cable guide for the classic movies!)

Keep in touch, my French amigo!

Cheers,
Amigo

In a matter of 10 postings time,
the forums forgot to rhyme!:shock::shock::shock::shock::shock:

It's quite easy to download the whole movie for free.

How is the free download possible, Bea? :?:

do you really want to have it ? I might be able to get it done for you.;-)

sorry, off for now.Getting birthday presents.

do you really want to have it ? I might be able to get it done for you.;-) No, thank you! I'm curious as to how you can avoid copyright laws!

Have fun shopping for birthday presents, Bea! Don't forget, I want something really special for my present this year!!! :up:

Have fun shopping for birthday presents, Bea! Don't forget, I want something really special for my present this year!!! :up:

Amigos dear, I dont think your wife would permit that "something really special ."

do you really want to have it ? I might be able to get it done for you.:shock::shock::shock::shock::shock:

"IT":roll::roll::roll::roll::roll:

I think "seen-all, done-all mother and a teacher."
:roll::roll::roll::roll::roll:
:shock::shock::shock::shock::shock:

hello everybody!!! It's me... you remember???

I am very very very very sorry that I 've not written for that long!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :-? I was utterly busy in the last months... and then there were the summer holidays: I went to Thailand, Malaysia and Borneo. It was fantastic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I loved it!!!!!! the food was incredible!!;-)
the people were sooooooooooooooooooooooooo friendly:-D and the environment, the jungle were Hammer!!!! ;-):-D
:silly:
I also have to tell you that I 've gotten my results from the ENglish Buckeloriot or Matura!!!! I've passed in everything exept Biology.. there I got a D (3)... SO perhaps there is someone who is good in Biology and would like to help me!!! If There is someone please contact me to my personal E-mail address: paso.fino91@gmail.com :mrgreen:

I am glad to hear from you guys:hi::hi::hi::multi: with best wishes
Isabella

hello everybody!!! It's me... you remember???

I am very very very very sorry that I 've not written for that long!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :-? I was utterly busy in the last months... and then there were the summer holidays: I went to Thailand, Malaysia and Borneo. It was fantastic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I loved it!!!!!! the food was incredible!!;-)
the people were sooooooooooooooooooooooooo friendly:-D and the environment, the jungle were Hammer!!!! ;-):-D
:silly:
I also have to tell you that I 've gotten my results from the ENglish Buckeloriot or Matura!!!! I've passed in everything exept Biology.. there I got a D (3)... SO perhaps there is someone who is good in Biology and would like to help me!!! If There is someone please contact me to my personal E-mail address: paso.fino91@gmail.com :mrgreen:

I am glad to hear from you guys:hi::hi::hi::multi: with best wishes
Isabella
Hi Isabella,
Welcome back to forums! How can anybody forget you! Hope you would pass your biology with A grade in next attempt.
Please tell us more about your far easten trip!
Cheers(Amigo style)

We (my family and I ) flew per SWISS to Bangkok. It was utterly hot when we came out of the airport:). (in Switzerland we had about 23°) in Bangkok it was about 34°...:-D However: We stayed for 4 days in a beautiful hotel near the main river that is flowing through bangkok. The main tourist attraction there was fish feeding; for us from Switzerland it was a bit funny because it is somehow stupid...

However; we visited the lying budha, the old temple (such as in The JungleBook):-D and we drove tuktuk!! I would recommend you not to drive a tuk tuk because it is very dangerous... Our driver did NOT drive us there where we wanted to go!!!! and then he actually wanted more money for driving us back to where we originally started!!! (IDIOT)

The culture of Bangkok was really Interesting: DId you know that the monks had special permissions???? I did'nt know that.. For example in the boat or in the metro there was a poster written: First give your place to the monks, then to the children and then to the old people!!!! That is called Crazy in Switzerland:-D
And what's more: WOMEN ARE FORBIDDEN TO TALK OR EVEN TO LOOK AT THE MONKS!!! :-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-o:-o:-o

so where was I??:-D....
erm..
so, at the 4th day we went per train all down to cross the border to Malaysia... But before that we had long discussions of which way we should take, Because: at teh eastern railway, at the border to Malaysia there were bombattacks and therefore we decided not to go this way!!!!:-? Even though it would have been much more Jungle outside..

However! With the train we took you had to cross the border by bus.. we drove up a mountain, left and right was jungle, you saw down the valley: one has seen the sunset, the palmoil plantations and we saw alot of different birds, monkeys were very cheaky and climbed up the bus to play with us:-D that was fun!!!

At the custom we had to cross the border on foot, one would never EVER have to do this in Switzerland!!!!!;-)

bombattacks

At the custom we had to cross the border on foot, one would never EVER have to do this in Switzerland!!!!!;-)

What is a bombattacks??

That is why Thailand/Malaysia is different from Switzerland.

I am still waiting for the fight between blond Amazonian Isabella and the wild beasts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back