International Café

Status
Not open for further replies.
My dear Amigo, I sure missed you on the forum today!!

I'm thinking that I should return in Rome.
I miss my very own City, my friends, my fast internet connection and I miss my hoeworks, I want to translate something from Latin and Greek...

But I have not decided yet

(Today I start my English homeworks, letters to a fake pen pal.)

I'm thinking that I should return in Rome.
I miss my very own City, my friends, my fast internet connection and I miss my hoeworks, I want to translate something from Latin and Greek...

But I have not decided yet

(Today I start my English homeworks, letters to a fake pen pal.)
Ahh, Sim, there is 'no place like home' is there? :)

You have had a very busy summer, my lad! I wish I could have visited Italy this summer! Your country is beautiful! :up:

I bet you were lost without your high-speed Internet connection! :shock: Once you return to Rome, you will have a lot of catching up to do! ;-)

Why, may I ask, do you have to write to a 'fake pen pal' when you have so many real pen-pals here in the forum? ;-)

Ahh, Sim, there is 'no place like home' is there? :)

You have had a very busy summer, my lad! I wish I could have visited Italy this summer! Your country is beautiful! :up:

I bet you were lost without your high-speed Internet connection! :shock: Once you return to Rome, you will have a lot of catching up to do! ;-)

Why, may I ask, do you have to write to a 'fake pen pal' when you have so many real pen-pals here in the forum? ;-)

I don't know :D
Our teacher told us: Write something during the holidays.
I wrote.

That's it :D

'bout the internet connection thing: I'm doing everything I would have done in Rome. The only thing I can't do is to chat via Msn.

Bye.

Hi from Turkey.. :)

I'm new here. I hope this site will be helpful for me.

I'll be an english teacher two years later...:)

See you!! ;-)

belkıs;327015 said:

See you!! ;-)
Hi belkis,
let me welcome you to the forums, usually this ceremony is carried by amigos4, but nowadays he is too busy writing his book. I have been deputed by him unofficially, so enjoy the brotherhood and friendship in the forums and the fun going on in the thread.
Nice to have a teacher amongst us again, since bea is too busy with those High School papaers.
I assure you that this site will not only help you in learning English, but also help you learn different usages of English, and how the different members of different regions have brought forth changes in application of usages of different words.
Happy postings,
Cheers(Amigo style)

SUDHKAMP

belkıs;327015 said:

See you!! ;-)

This website will. Definitely the best one to learn effectively.

Welcome to the forums. Hope you will be still here two years away to help me. :p

I have been reading books such as The Importance of Being Earnest by Oscar Wilde, some Sherlock Holmes of Conan Doyle, a few of Charles Dickens, scenes of William Shakespeare (quite hard:shock:) and others but still would like to get fresher ones - from 1970 eg.

Any idea?

belkıs;327136 said:
Thanks for your sincere welcome...:smilecol:
Hi, Belkis!

Welcome to our Cafe'!!! It is a pleasure to meet you! :up:

I see that Philadelphia and SUDHKAMP forget to mention that there is a $5.00 US charge for each compiment that is shared in the Cafe'! Please make your check payable to 'Amigo's Trip to Europe and Asia Fund'! (VISA and Master Card payments are also accepted!) ;-):)

By the way, Phil and SUDH, you guys have fallen way behind in your payments! Show me the money, boys! :lol:

Cheers,
Amigo

Hi, Belkis!

I see that Philadelphia and SUDHKAMP forget to mention that there is a $5.00 US charge for each compiment that is shared in the Cafe'! Please make your check payable to 'Amigo's Trip to Europe and Asia Fund'! (VISA and Master Card payments are also accepted!) ;-):)

By the way, Phil and SUDH, you guys have fallen way behind in your payments! Show me the money, boys! :lol:

Cheers,
Amigo

I very much thought you would not work on vacation. Still surprising me (stealing my money too :lol:), amigo :cool:

I have been reading books such as The Importance of Being Earnest by Oscar Wilde, some Sherlock Holmes of Conan Doyle, a few of Charles Dickens, scenes of William Shakespeare (quite hard:shock:) and others but still would like to get fresher ones - from 1970 eg.

Any idea?
Hi, Phil!

Have you read "To Kill A Mockingbird"?

Anything by John Steinbeck or Hemingway?

Cheers,
Amigo

Hi, Belkis!

Cheers,
Amigo
I don't know the meaning of compiment Amigo, is it a kind of extinct creature like dyno. Your money is on the Moon, go get it Chef, a poor waiter is never allowed to keep tips the beautiful ladies are doling me.:cry::cry::cry::oops:
Phil come and save me

Hi, Phil!

Cheers,
Amigo

Ahhh :) Not yet, stepping forward it. Your more than useful dear, I have just seen that the book talks about a lawyer... How well you understand me - thank you! This is noted

I very much thought you would not work on vacation. Still surprising me (stealing my money too :lol:), amigo :cool:
You're just like all the other lawyers in the world, Phil...overpaid, overrated, and OVERDUE in your payments!!! :shock: Of course, I'm going to work on my vacation...that's how I pay for my vacations! ;-)

When are you coming to Arizona, my friend? We have lots to see and do together! :up:

Hi, Phil!

Cheers,
Amigo
I read that book by Ernest Hemingway some 27 years ago, in my father's library. He was a great fan of Hemingway.

Give me some titles by John Steinbeck.

Namaste(SUDHKAMP style)

I don't know the meaning of compiment Amigo, is it a kind of extinct creature like dyno. Your money is on the Moon, go get it Chef, a poor waiter is never allowed to keep tips the beautiful ladies are doling me.:cry::cry::cry::oops:
Phil come and save me

Already get away from him :oops: Hold on a second, I will take you out of all tough things.

Pay attention to these places that appear as being kind (the moon), Amigo is Amigos. He is no one but every one, all over the stars is walking up and won. Amigo resides on the Moon these holidays. Why? Ask him :shock:

You're just like all the other lawyers in the world, Phil...overpaid, overrated, and OVERDUE in your payments!!! :shock: Of course, I'm going to work on my vacation...that's how I pay for my vacations! ;-)

When are you coming to Arizona, my friend? We have lots to see and do together! :up:

You have carefully/successfully read the topic of Banderas' - quite useful by the bye. Hope it all day, every second, each breathe.

Have got some friends who are going to UK next year - in fact, from September - by the ERASMUS's system. That might already be a good experience but not really the USA's stars

Already get away from him :oops: Hold on a second, I will take you out of all tough things.

Pay attention to these places that appear as being kind (the moon), Amigo is Amigos. He is no one but every one, all over the stars is walking up and won. Amigo resides on the Moon these holidays. Why? Ask him :shock:
Why?:shock::shock::shock:

Why?:shock::shock::shock:

Amigo is a bit our dad (according to the very forums in here), he looks after us. He needs to get money, so watching us at any time is a way of saving his money from belly up. At a guess though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back