International Café

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Simosito, long time no postings.
Hope you are enjoying at Ortisei. Write more about the place in your next postings and tell us have you found new girl friend in that place.

Ortisei is a little city in the middle of Val Gardena (Grodental in German, one of the 3 languages spoken in V. Gardena, the third language is ladin (a very old language, and yes it IS written ladin) )

There is a catholic church in the center, called Chiesetta S. Antonio (Little St. Anthony Church)
And a lot of little houses...

And mountains, of course.

Last time I wrote a message I said it was 28° C. I was wrong. It was 20° C.

Here in Venice, I'm arrived yesterday, is 28° C.

Hey Sim!
I missed you! I want you talk about things around you rather than try to give temperature of where you are at! :-D How is Ortisei? I think it wouldn't look good as Rome!
Cheers,
P

Of course Rome is better!
It is my very own city, all my friends live in Rome.

But it is hotter than Venice (and Ortisei of course)...

Sim used Gondola to roam around for not getting wet.;-)

Actually only turists use gondole (pl. of gondola)...

Hey, Sim! Good to hear from you, lad!

Yes, tell us about those beautiful Venetian women!!! Have you broken many hearts during your visit? Or are you spending your days and nights feeding the pigeons at St. Mark's????

Neither in Venice nor in Ortisei I've found pretty girls.

I hate pigeons (and the ticket from Venezia Lido to S. Marco isn't cheap) and, anyway, here in Venice it is strictly forbidden to feed birds...

Feeding the pigeons to cats. :lol:

I'd love to do that.

Here in Venice there are a lot of old madams who feed cats with tuna, meat... We call 'em "gattare" (from gatto, "cat").
Thus our cats would never spend energies hunting...

Very, very funny, Nain! I don't think they have enough cats in Venice to take care of the pigeon problem! :lol:

I just read an article in the newspaper that the local police are going to fine/arrest individuals who feed the pigeons in St. Mark's Plaza! Geesh, don't the cops have more important things to do like catching thieves and peeping Toms???? ;-)

Where did you read that?

Here in Italy is an old news.
They have to stop feeders because our pigeons damage the ancient buildings with the very acid thing that exit from their little bottoms...

A group like Greenpeace carried Kgs of food (for birds) in S. Marco.
They say that is cruel not to feed pidgeons.

Crazy words in a crazy World...

I'm now able to reply to ya every day...

Bye.

Sim!!!!!!!!! It is wonderful to hear from you, again! It sounds like you are having a fantastic time on your holiday!

If the ticket from Venezia Lido to S. Marco isn't cheap, are you doing lots of walking from place to place in Venice?

Have you visited the Palace of the Doge and crossed the Bridge of Sighs?

Have you found some other lads on your travels who share your love of computer programing?

When do you return to Rome and when does the new school year begin for you?

Cheers,
Amigo

Hi Sim, nice to find you fighting fit. Hope you find a new sweetheart at your new place. Best of luck. Keep posting.

Hello, everybody, there should be a rule in "one word game": No kissing!!!
Let's see who join me in the fun and games section, all the members must be sleeping now!

Agreed no Kissing(smooching will do);-)

There was a terrorist planned bomb blast in the city of Bangalore on 25 July i.e. yesterday and there are reports that 3 persons died in this serial bomb blasts.
All of us in the forum condemn such terrorist activities and hope that all the residents of Bangalore including Shal(and others, who have not given their location as Bangalore) are safe and pray to God to restore peace in India.
We also pray to God that in the name of religion, these rats called terrorists are not allowed to destroy amity amongst all religions and may God give them proper wit to leave the path of violence.

May the departed souls rest in peace.

FOR THE FORUMS

SUDHKAMP

Costa Rica is a world away from Bangalore, we couldn't imagine how terrible would be a situation like that, people killing people for some stupid reason.
When is this going to stop?

There was a terrorist planned bomb blast in the city of Bangalore on 25 July i.e. yesterday and there are reports that 3 persons died in this serial bomb blasts.
All of us in the forum condemn such terrorist activities and hope that all the residents of Bangalore including Shal(and others, who have not given their location as Bangalore) are safe and pray to God to restore peace in India.
We also pray to God that in the name of religion, these rats called terrorists are not allowed to destroy amity amongst all religions and may God give them proper wit to leave the path of violence.

FOR THE FORUMS

SUDHKAMP

Yes! I got read a news about a terrorist attack in Bangalore in Iranian agancies yesterday! I was so afraid of Shal because in such brutal attacks you really can't be able to suggest where is secure to get to! Anyway I hope to see someday that all of terrosrists be wiped off the world to have a peaceful time all together! ;-)

The World would be elegant without criminals!

P

May we all continue to enjoy happiness, peace, and security! Amen!

What is everyone doing this weekend? I need to mow the lawn and trim some mesquite trees in my front yard! Sounds like great fun, doesn't it?????

Sure, I will work tomorrow, from 9 to 5, then I'll go to see a friend, and on sunday I'll go to Cartago, which is another province of Costa Rica. We are celebrating "El mes de la Virgen", so, we, the catholics, have to go visit.
Have a nice weekend !

May we all continue to enjoy happiness, peace, and security! Amen!

What is everyone doing this weekend? I need to mow the lawn and trim some mesquite trees in my front yard! Sounds like great fun, doesn't it?????
I am going for a one-day training by Insurance co. at a 5 Star hotel on saturday and sunday is reserved as "Dhobi-day"(washerman-day) and sleep it out whole day. In the evening I would be singing Kabir, Meera, Sur etc at Ashram. Nothing special.

Sim!!!!!!!!! It is wonderful to hear from you, again! It sounds like you are having a fantastic time on your holiday!

If the ticket from Venezia Lido to S. Marco isn't cheap, are you doing lots of walking from place to place in Venice?

Have you visited the Palace of the Doge and crossed the Bridge of Sighs?

Have you found some other lads on your travels who share your love of computer programing?

When do you return to Rome and when does the new school year begin for you?

Cheers,
Amigo

I've visited those places when I was younger.
(I used to live in Venezia Mestre (near Venice) and I was born in a Venetian Hospital)

I'm not walking in Venice at all. I just stay here in Lido.

But I'll take a vaporetto (the water bus) tomorrow.
I'm going to see a Christian Orthodox-Ellenic mass tomorrow.
I always wanted to see how do they celebrate...
(and I'm going to Greece in August...)

School will begin in September.

FOR THE FORUMS

SUDHKAMP

Amen.

I hope those attacks will finish soon.

And may all the victims rest in peace.

And may the killers who have killed themselves and others for a false God of violence and hate be forgiven, if they were betrayed by someone promising heaven.

We should not only pray for victims, but for betrayed killers too.

If you used to live with people who wanted you to do so, who brain-washed the baby and kid you were, you deserve to be forgiven.

Bye.

I'm going to complete translation of an architecture article that neighbor girl has given me! Also I gotta see the work done by my colleague and type it in Latex to send it to a valid physics magazine! It seems to be great, doesn't it? :-D:)

(and I'm going to Greece in August...)
(And I'm going to America to see how Amigo trims the mesquite trees in his front yard!) :)
School will begin in September.
Hey, hope to have fun with the rest of your holiday until school begins!!

Cheers,
P

Yesterday evening, Ahmedabad(a city in western Gujarat) was the target of terrorists of religious outfit and there were some 16 blasts at various places. Some 29 people have died in this attack and more than 100 are critically injured. The terrorists are targetting the commercial hubs of India, day before yesterday it was Bangalore and now they have used RDX to kill innocent people, including women and children, at Ahmedabad. I am still unable to reason, why such cowardly actions as bombing innocent people are bing taken against? It is just because we are a peace loving country, where there is a law protecting all religions, and a secular country where no religion is given special advantage, all citizens have equal rights, there is freedom of expression and all other human rights you can think of. Or is it because we are a democracy?
What is the fault of Indians? Is it because we are developing as an Economic power in the region and world?
We are facing this terrorism for last 27 years and it is being encouraged by our neighbouring country.

This forum condemns the killing of 29 innocent citizens of India and mourns their death. Also, may God give strength to relatives and friends of bereaved families to bear this unconsolable grief.
We also pray early recovery of those 100 people injured in the blast.

And we also pray to God, to give some sense to those self proclaimed religious organizations who are carrying out such dastardly acts in the name of religion.

AMEN

For the forums,

SUDHKAMP

What is the fault of Indians? Is it because we are developing as an Economic power in the region and world?
We are facing this terrorism for last 27 years and it is being encouraged by our neighbouring country.

This forum condemns the killing of 29 innocent citizens of India and mourns their death. Also, may God give strength to relatives and friends of bereaved families to bear this unconsolable grief.
We also pray early recovery of those 100 people injured in the blast.

And we also pray to God, to give some sense to those self proclaimed religious organizations who are carrying out such dastardly acts in the name of religion.

AMEN

For the forums,

SUDHKAMP

Dear Sudh! I'm so sad by that kind of news that see in the press! I'm really praying for having a peaceful India in the World! I love you and I wish to extend my condolences to the families of all the innocent slains!

-------------------------------------
Announcement:

Please participate in the vote 'Would you like to live in the USA?'. We need to see your beautiful opinions about living in the USA! Hopping that you'd set the stage for having a good conclusion!

Phttps://www.usingenglish.com/forum/general-members-discussions/73522-would-you-like-live-usa.html

I caught you online finally , P!!!! How have you been?

I caught you online finally , P!!!! How have you been?

I've been fine!:-D
Thank you. How have you been?
Are days going by slow? I was afraid of that news about some terrorist attacks in your land! Now that I found you fine is an honor for me that you at least got learnt how to be away from bombing attacks when they happen! :)

P

Thanks for the concern!!! My family members and I are fine. Was a bit worried about my husband when it happended but he is safe too.. :)

Thanks for the concern!!! My family members and I are fine. Was a bit worried about my husband when it happended but he is safe too.. :)

I'm very very glad to hear it from you! I was praying really hard to see your trace around the forum and I definitely made sure that you all are fine! :-D

Hope to have calm days ahead
Have fun!

I'm very very glad to hear it from you! I was praying really hard to see your trace around the forum and I definitely made sure that you all are fine! :-D

Hope to have calm days ahead
Have fun!

Insha Allah.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back