International Café

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: There is a doubt

Hi pals,
I didn't forget about you, but I'm having trubles with the PC.
I hope I'll fix it in a few days.
bye.

Sweet Lord,this sounds like a lot of work you still need to get done.
But you are watching your weight,Proof,aren't you?
Otherwise I'll have to be by with some casserole or some kookoos.We won't want you to lose the little weight you've gained.
Is there anything we can help you with?

Oh sweetheart, don’t be afraid of my weight! It’s gonna be okay If I change my taste to your foods or Indian peppery foods! But I don’t know what kind of foods you eat for several meals!! Do you mind if I want you to tell us more about your usual foods in your country? What do you eat for lunch or dinner except for steaks?!:shock::?:

I got received a pack from a friend in Kerman, in which some yummy date, cacao-pea farina, pistachio and a box of smashed chocolate together with some unknown thing called by domestic people Ghovatu and finally a packet of Kolompe (a type of sweetmeat compounded with squashed date and walnut) are found! I’m having a fun with eating them behind my computer while talking to you!

Cheers,
P

Hi Seba,
I don't dear, I really gave up to gain weight, I hate when i'm slim, but I can't resist sleeping for a long time:-(. I lost a lot of my weight.I'm 169 or 170 and I'm 43 KG:shocked!::down:. Please tell me what did you do to gain weight?

Hi there, Devil's Tear!

Hehehe, in fact I'm nearly going to any lengths now to lose some weight or transform my fat :)cry:) into muscles! :-D Currently I'm 176cm tall (I guess you prefer taller men ;-) ) and I weigh nearly 70kg..

As what I do to gain some weight.. hehe.. it's more than enough for me to eat something full of calories (I love chocolate and roasted meat!) and I just get fatter... I reckon it's a matter of one's body ;-)

Anyway, in my very subjective opinion, you'd better get up to at least 50kg.. you're almost anorectic (no offense!) :lol: ;-)

Cheers,
S~ :cool:

Last edited:
Great words from a great user!

(Hi from Venice!)
Sim, have you fallen into the Grand Canal, yet? :lol:
Hey, Catboy, have you seen any pretty signorinas on your current trip? Be sure to return to Rome with a few names, addresses, and phone numbers!!! ;-)

Ciao!
Amigo

Shal,dear, no way we are older than Proof, are we ?
Only yesterday , when you and your husband came over for dinner , my husband said that he would really like to know how you did it since you didn't look a day older than 15 :-D

Bea and Shal, don't your husbands feel guilty about marrying a woman who is so much younger than they are????? ;-) How does it feel to be a 'trophy wife'? ;-):up:

Agree with you completely, Bea. And my husband said that he would do anything to know what is the secret of you keeping yourself slim and trim!!! Ofcourse, I told him that it has to do with you being one year younger than I am and you having more mischievous kids than I have......... ((He says that he will pray that our next one should be as mischievous as your second one!! What men do to keep their wives slim and trim!!))

Shal, you should become an author! Your stories are wonderful! :up: Where can I buy your current fiction book???? ;-)

Not fair, P. Not at all fair. Where is your pic? And I can't their faces clearly. Its toooo tiny .
Shal is correct, P.! Give the damn camera to one of your buddies and let them capture your smiling face for us to see!!!! :cool:

Hellow,

Is there any body to talk with me?

Amigo, Anglika, Soup or anybody well informed, there was one academy award winning film "one flew over the Cuckoo's nest", the title was taken from a poem, if I remember was like this.....

there was .....................
one flew east, one flew west,
and one flew over cuckoo's nest.

Will you please give me the full poem and the poet's name, I shall be obliged.

Amigo, Anglika, Soup or anybody well informed, there was one academy award winning film "one flew over the Cuckoo's nest", the title was taken from a poem, if I remember was like this.....

there was .....................
one flew east, one flew west,
and one flew over cuckoo's nest.

See here, SUDHKAMP. ;-)
S~

It's a nursery rhyme, a counting rhyme actually
there are two versions of the text

Tingle, tingle, tremble toes
She's a good fisherman
Catches hens
Puts 'em in pens
Some lay eggs.
Some lay none.
Wire, briar, limber lock,
Three geese in a flock.

One flew east,
One flew west,
One flew over the cuckoo's nest
O-U-T spells out
Goose swoops down and plucks you out

it is a variant of this Mother Goose rhyme that was printed in 1814:

Intery, Mintery, cutery corn,
Apple seed and briar thorn:
Wire, briar, limber lock,
Five Geese in a flock,
Sit and sing by a spring,
O-U-T and in again.

regards,
bea

Bea and Shal, don't your husbands feel guilty about marrying a woman who is so much younger than they are????? ;-) How does it feel to be a 'trophy wife'? ;-):up:

I'd like to know that how old are they! Is it really right that women like to answer to the question 'How old are you?' the way which shows they are much more younger than they actually are? :):lol:

Cheers,
P

Dear friends, I had read one English novel years ago. It began with this :

When money comes, money goes, but when money stays, death comes.

Can you please help me with the name of the novel and the story in brief.
It was a classic literature novel, taught in University to B.A. English literature students.

Thanks for obliging,
SUDHKAMP

Sim, have you fallen into the Grand Canal, yet?

Nope, but I drank it!
I was on this water bus, called Vaporetto, number 52 from Santa Lucia Train Station to Venezia Lido. When was about 5 minutes from my destination some water "jumped" into the boat and washed me...
Not healthy at all.... :roll:

:lol:
Hey, Catboy, have you seen any pretty signorinas on your current trip?
Ciao!
Amigo
(signorinas?)

The last pretty girl I've seen during one trip of mine was a Londoner... :lol:
I was in London, of course, near an Eat (a slow food) and I saw some girls, with school vests...

And I just love school vests...
(I know, that sounds quite strange or pervert)

We don't have them (school vests, not girls) in Italy...

I'm going to Ortisei (or St. Ulrich, it is in Italy) in a few days...
I may find some chicas (that's Spanish) there.
But I'm not a "predator"...

You may find strange that an Italian city has a German name but all the "Alto Adige" (Sudtirol) was Austro-Ungaric till 1919...

hy guys,
the reason for not coming online that much is simple:
I was in france; first with my school, then with my family... although we had no holydays;-)
the second reason for my disappearence was that I had a lot of stress at school:-? lots of tests, especially in Maths.
hope that i can come now, for a week and a half, more often to usingenglish.com:-D

with best wishes
Isabella or Miss Solero Exotic

hy guys,
the reason for not coming online that much is simple:
I was in france; first with my school, then with my family... although we had no holydays;-)
the second reason for my disappearence was that I had a lot of stress at school:-? lots of tests, especially in Maths.
hope that i can come now, for a week and a half, more often to usingenglish.com:-D

with best wishes
Isabella or Miss Solero Exotic

Dear young lady (Isabella/M.S.E.),
please write the following correctly:
hy> hi
disappearance>non-appearance
i>I
holydays>holidays.

Hope you would improve your orthography and usage and keep working hard for your bright career.
Wishing you success,
Yours L.F.
SUDHKAMP

Last edited:
Dear young lady (Isabella/M.S.E.),
please write following correctly:
hy> hi
disappearance>non-appearance
i>I
holydays>holidays.

Hope you would improve your orthography and usage and keep working hard for your bright career.
Wishing you success,
Yours L.F.
SUDHKAMP

Please correct following sentences in your last note would be better!
I think after main verb, 'following' must come with 'the', if we don't mean an adjective!

P

Amigo, I have written a book. Do a research and you'll find one of my books. But don't blame me if you go crazy after reading one of them........

Amigo, I have written a book. Do a research and you'll find one of my books. But don't blame me if you go crazy after reading one of them........

Where is the book, I would present one to Amigo?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back