International Café

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jesus, and thinking that men lead the countries!!!!:shock::cool::roll: Considering that there is a multi-quote thingy on the post......

Well, welllllllllll....... Where is Heidita these days???

This is terrible...NOBODY bought cookies for me nor cried his/her eyes out for me.....:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry: Let's all cry for P!!!

Nobody loves me....I am going to take drastic action::2gunfire::drinking::snipersm:
First I'll shoot myself just a little, then I'll get drunk and then I'll shoot myself ...the whole way! Heidi would make a terrible cowgirl!! :roll:

Why don't you visit India, Sim?? I am jobless now and have enough spare time to take you around the cities in India!! Sim is coming to Arizona to see the giant cacti!!!

You are the one who taught Nain and me how to use them, remember Amigo?? Yes! I remember! I just wanted some private tutoring!!! ;-)
`

Sim, is it a classical education on how to find things around here?
I think Amigo is, at least, the one person being skilled in using the facilities of the forums more than everyone else, but not that polymath we all expect him to be! :)

You are the one who taught Nain and me how to use them, remember Amigo??

I think these things are the same, as they just say that Amigo is kidding us on losing this question's answer: how is he gonna use multi-quotes?! :)

He is clever as he seems to be! (Notice: I just wonder how does my assumption come true if Amigo would deny he was the first one in here I learnt from him (when he was teaching his lessons about using multi-quotes to Nain)???)

Last edited:
Why don't you visit India, Sim?? I am jobless now and have enough spare time to take you around the cities in India!!

I'd like to...
But I think I first need to do some exercise, you know, to understand what people say.
I've never been in an English country.
Last time I spoke English with someone who isn't [or wasn't, how should I say?] a teacher/class mate I was 8 and I was in Greece...

Sweet Jesus, you actually did it.
Just goes to show you were only trying to get our attention.Still, am very proud of you. :-D
I just got 'lucky'! Heidi is the resident expert on multi-quoting!

What do you guys and gals do for relief when you are feeling REALLY stressed??? :shock:

What is this forum for............come here and offload.

Otherwise, lecture trainees for an hour or two............they get stressed and am relieved.:lol:

Last edited:
have another few parent-teacher conferences , have students write yet another test though you shouln't get addicted to this kind of work-out

yesterday I managed to bestow Latin grades on English students and I only realized when I handed them out and one ever so timid voice chirped "But Miss,..." :?:

Last edited:
have another few parent-teacher conferences , have students write yet another test though you shouln't get addicted to this kind of work-out

yesterday I managed to bestow Latin grades on English students and I only realized it when I handed them out and one ever so timid voice chirped "But Miss,..." :?:

"When in Rome... "! Did you give the little chirper bonus points for bringing the matter to your attention?

Doesn't it feel good, Bea, when the little darlings call you 'Miss'???? :up:

"When in Rome... "! Did you give the little chirper bonus points for bringing the matter to your attention?

Doesn't it feel good, Bea, when the little darlings call you 'Miss'???? :up:

right now , I'm too far gone to feel anything but .... and the little chirper sent in his mother to ask why I was holdng a grudge against him ;-)
so , yet another parent-teacher conference
then,just as I almost fainted from relief at seeing this mother gone, one of my pupils (a very hard-working lad) came in to sit for his end-of-term test,but failed to inform me he was actually diagnosed as still contagious with measles
As a result thirty-five 11-year-old males subsequently had to be sent home and I have to prepare yet another English test

Could anyone out there stop me from feeling sorry for myself,please?

right now , I'm too far gone to feel anything but .... and the little chirper sent in his mother to ask why I was holdng a grudge against him ;-)
so , yet another parent-teacher conference
then,just as I almost fainted from relief at seeing this mother gone, one of my pupils (a very hard-working lad) came in to sit for his end-of-term test,but failed to inform me he was actually diagnosed as still contagious with measles
As a result thirty-five 11-year-old males subsequently had to be sent home and I have to prepare yet another English test

Could anyone out there stop me from feeling sorry for myself,please?

Hi Bea,

Having been in training for some time now, I know teaching is a thankless job.

But some day, some time, a young or not so young person approaches you at a mall, a carnival or maybe out on road and says "Hello Ms Bea! Remember me, I was the one who spread measles and made you work extrahours that day. Now I am this and these are my kids......unfortunately their teacher is not as good as I had (which all of us invariably think)."............and that is when you realise it was worth all those years running around kids.......even if only a few recognise you having touched their life at some point.

I am sure this must have already happend to you a lot of time, considering your seniority.......but just to remind you. :)

I am sure this must have already happend to you a lot of time, considering your seniority.......but just to remind you. :)
you'll get detention for that "seniority" remark , young man.:-D
So how has life been treating you ?

you'll get detention for that "seniority" remark , young man.:-D
So how has life been treating you ?

I have had and am still having my roller coaster ride..........no fun on the highways or the freeways as they say in Amigo's land, except for the motels.;-):lol:

I have had and am still having my roller coaster ride..........no fun on the highways or the freeways as they say in Amigo's land, except for the motels.;-):lol:
Nain is my buddy, we share everything;
he likes to dance, I like to sing! :up:

Hi Bea,

Having been in training for some time now, I know teaching is a thankless job.

But some day, some time, a young or not so young person approaches you at a mall, a carnival or maybe out on road and says "Hello Ms Bea! Remember me, I was the one who spread measles and made you work extrahours that day. Now I am this and these are my kids......unfortunately their teacher is not as good as I had (which all of us invariably think)."............and that is when you realise it was worth all those years running around kids.......even if only a few recognise you having touched their life at some point.

Nicely said, Nain! You are, as usual, 100% correct! Teachers do make a difference in the lives of children! :up:

Bea, you must always remember that you are, indeed, special! :-D

I want you to memorize the following paragraph and recite it from memory each day... before, during, and after school!

A hundred years from now it will not matter what my bank account was, the sort of house I lived in, or the kind of car that I drove...what will matter most is that the world will be different because I was important in the life of a child!

Never, ever, let the naysayers of the world get you down! You are special...and don't you ever forget it! :up:

Cheers,
Amigo

Nicely said, Nain! You are, as usual, 100% correct! Teachers do make a difference in the lives of children! :up:

Bea, you must always remember that you are, indeed, special! :-D

I want you to memorize the following paragraph and recite it from memory each day... before, during, and after school!

A hundred years from now it will not matter what my bank account was, the sort of house I lived in, or the kind of car that I drove...what will matter most is that the world will be different because I was important in the life of a child!

Never, ever, let the naysayers of the world get you down! You are special...and don't you ever forget it! :up:

Cheers,
Amigo

what I see is that everyone is special here and I think it gets different from any viewpoint daily in the presence of our new buddies joining us and am still proud of all of you! But it must be remembered that we joined someday to eachother and it's an unescapable fact that we got to leave one day! I'm telling you that I want to leave you for good because my problems are being stacked up much and ... .

Cheers,
P

what I see is that everyone is special here and I think it gets different from any viewpoint daily in the presence of our new buddies joining us and am still proud of all of you! But it must be remembered that we joined someday to eachother and it's an unescapable fact that we got to leave one day! I'm telling you that I want to leave you for good because my problems are being stacked up much and ... .

Cheers,
P

Sorry, P., but you aren't going anywhere, yet! You still have lots of new friends to meet and greet!!! :up:

Cheers,
A

I'm telling you that I want to leave you for good because my problems are being stacked up much and ....
what are you talking about
there is no problem that can't be solved/or at least made easier to bear/handle if all of your friends pitch in,proof!
Don't leave - just imagine what kind of mayhem we'll create if you are not here to handle things.
:-D:-D

Cheers,
P

Whatever you decide P..........our best wishes would always be with you.

what are you talking about
there is no problem that can't be solved/or at least made easier to bear/handle if all of your friends pitch in,proof!
Don't leave - just imagine what kind of mayhem we'll create if you are not here to handle things.
:-D:-D

Okay then! You know, you are giving me more power to keep my career here!

I'm a detective and am still at your service!

I never leave!

Cheers,
P

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back