International Café

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are his 'Nub3rs' seasons now on the Italian TV?!!

Cheers,
P

Numb3rs (where Ravi Kapoor had a little role) was - it think - a flop here in Italy. I saw season 1 on Rai2 (one of the 6 italian most important channels) and I loved it. but it seems that Mr. Rai (Rai isn't someone of course, but we say Mr. and a brand to say the brand's director or CEO) didn't like it.
We have never seen Numb3rs since Season 1 Finale.

Sim, check out the following site. You'll find an e-mail address that might be helpful to you. Ravi Kapoor on Gideon's Crossing

Who is next? :up:

Cheers,
Amigo

Thanks!!!
That's what I wrote:
Dear sirs,
my name's Simone Ramacci, I'm 14 and I'm writing from Italy.
I'm a big fan of Ravi Kapoor and I'd like to have his autograph.
Would that be possible? I hope so.
If I shall write to another address, rather than this one, please let me know.
I hope you'll write me back as soon as possible,
your faithfully. 14 years-old Mr. Kapoor's fan,
Simone Ramacci
I hope there are some errors, therefore they'll know I'm really Italian and 14 and it is not a joke.

~~~

The next one is Anthony Horowitz, an English writer.

Thanks!!!
That's what I wrote:

I hope there are some errors. Therefore they'll know I'm really Italian and 14 and it is not a joke.

~~~​
Dear Sirs,​

My name's Simone Ramacci. I'm 14, and I'm writing from Italy.
I'm a big fan of Ravi Kapoor, and I'd like to have his autograph.
Would that be possible? I hope so.
If I
should write to another address, rather than this one, please let me know.
I hope you'll write me back as soon as possible.
Yours faithfully, Mr. Kapoor's 14 year-old fan,
Simone Ramacci
-----------------------------------------------------------------​

If you want to be sure to not be mistaken for a native speaker, you will have to insert some errors into the text. (I'm not kidding. Your English is that good.)​

:-D:up:​

If you want to be sure to not be mistaken for a native speaker, you will have to insert some errors into the text. (I'm not kidding. Your English is that good.)​

:-D:up:​
Well, I've done some errors...
That's quite strange: the worst I write the better it is.

I was reading the dictionary and it says:
Usage notes

• Historically, shall is the present tense and should is its past tense.
You have done that you should be sorry for.You have done that you shall be sorry for.
  • In the past, will and shall have been used similarly as auxiliary verbs for the future tense. The simple future tense traditionally uses shall for the first person ("I" and "we"), and will for the second and third persons.
I shall go.You will go.
  • An emphatic future tense, with a sense of must, reverses the two words, using will for the first person and shall for the second and third person.
I will go.You shall go.
  • Usage can be reversed in questions and in dependent clauses—especially with indirect discourse. For example: Shall you do it? is equivalent in meaning to Will you do it? as it anticipates your response I shall do it. Or: he says that he shall win or he expects that he shall win report his saying I shall win, not I will win.
Therefore: can't shall be used to say something I should do in the future?
I mean I should have written:
Code:
If I should write to another address
But I wanted to say:
Code:
If I'll have to write to another address
and not
Code:
If I ought to write to another address

Isn't shall more correct?

Code:
But I wanted to say:
Code:
and not
Code:

No Sim! "Should" sounds good because when you want to announce someone that you are required to do something, you will not be allowed to use "I shall" rather than "I should"! 'I shall' sounds analogous to something like "I will", but in British English is used mostly!

Cheers,
P

--------------
Notice:
Do you know that in Farsi, 'Sim' means something like 'wire' in English?

Well, I've done some errors...
That's quite strange: the worst I write the better it is.

I was reading the dictionary and it says:

Code:
But I wanted to say:
Code:
and not
Code:

Not in AE. It's hardly ever used here (USA). If you want to talk about what you are required to do or are obliged to do say should or ought to.

:)

I hope there are some errors, therefore they'll know I'm really Italian and 14 and it is not a joke.

~~~​

The next one is Anthony Horowitz, an English writer.​
Damn, Sim...why do you want Ravi Kapoor to read a letter that is full of misspelings and grammatical errors? :?: He is a well-educated actor and I am confident that he appreciates reading a well-written letter more than he does correcting a poorly written letter! Your English is terrific and you should be proud of your ability to read, write, and speak it correctly! I don't understand why you feel the need to play the role of an inarticulate 'newbie'! Haven't we taught you anything, my friend???? :) Stand tall, lad, and ALWAYS play to your strength...don't settle for less! :up:

Now that I have taken you to the woodshed for a quick scolding...I'll help you with your next VIP! Try the following sitehttp://anthonyhorowitz.com/msgboard/index.php/topic,4001.0.html

Your best bet is to write to Mr. Horowitz at his publisher's address:
Walker book LTD
87 vauxhall walk
london
SE11 5HJ

Remember, we will be happy to look at your letter before you send it, if you'd like us to proofread it and offer suggestions.

Take care, Sim!

Who is your next VIP? :up:

Cheers,
Amigo

Eoin Colfer, another writer

Sim,

Try this address for Mr. Colfer

Mr. Eoin Colfer
C/O PENGUIN BOOKS LTD
80 Strand,
London WC2R 0RL.
England

Cheers,
Amigo

Damn, Sim...why do you want Ravi Kapoor to read a letter that is full of misspellings and grammatical errors?

I have to agree with Amigos here,Simo, he possibly won't appreciate the charm of your letter since you can't post the Italian accent that he might find amusing if the letter were read to him :)

Sim,

Try this address for Mr. Colfer

Mr. Eoin Colfer
C/O PENGUIN BOOKS LTD
80 Strand,
London WC2R 0RL.
England

Cheers,
Amigo

Thanks!!!

dear UE members
how are u?
ı'm onur,turkısh boy..:-D:-D 16 ..
wrıte soon every body
:B-fly::multi:

dear UE members
how are u?
ı'm onur,turkısh boy..:-D:-D 16 ..
wrıte soon every body
:B-fly::multi:

Hi, xxxlordxxx!

Welcome to the Cafe'!

Are you 'X' rated???? You sure have a lot of x's in your username! :shock:

Let me offer a friendly reminder... this is an English forum and we try to discourage the use of 'chatspeak' when writing comments to each other. Let's see your stuff, Triple X! No more shortcuts! :)

Cheers,
Amigo

hey

every one .. I am Epica from homeland Arab.I am 22 years old(male)

hoep we spend nice time ....

bye

hi everyone
I think I'll have to chime in . This one comes staright from the Han river . Ok but though I'm blissfully unaware the topic being breached at present , I could say at least many users here are pretty much the masters of the language like amigos etc and many more

Welcome to all new customers!

Be aware of that I'm here to protect things, people, and everything else you're thinking of that!

Amigo, where are you?
Did you forget to welcome new members of the Cafe?

Cheers,
Detective P

There are new members, welcome! :)

Why nobody welcomed me when I was new. :-(
Don't sulk- we love you all the more now.
By the way,has anybody seen Amigos lately? I wanted to ask for his help but apparently he went AWOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back