International Café

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why nobody welcomed me when I was new. :-(

When Nain was new, we were old!
Nain snuck in and nobody was told!! :cool:

Welcome to the forums, Nain!!!! :up::shock:

Don't sulk- we love you all the more now.
By the way,has anybody seen Amigos lately? I wanted to ask for his help but apparently he went AWOL
Here I am, Bea! I started a new summer school program today...grades K-8...haven't had much time to 'update' my computer or visit the forum...hopefully, things will slow down later in the week! :)

Here I am, Bea! I started a new summer school program today...grades K-8...haven't had much time to 'update' my computer or visit the forum...hopefully, things will slow down later in the week! :)

You know, thesedays the 'Technology' can't be pulled away from our life and that's the reason of going AWOL sometimes! In the distant past years we had many problems which were going to be solved when people got hardships much and now... we see that Amigo is missing, but why? Because he just began a new summer school!!! Don't they have any Laptop with a high speed-Internet to call on me via that occasionally?

Cheers,
Detective P!

Why nobody welcomed me when I was new. :-(

Maybe because of you came in here earlier than me. Welcome back Nain! Good to see you, again. :-D

What do you think about Eurovision song contest?
Which music did you like?

What do you think about Eurovision song contest?
Which music did you like?

Good morning

What is Eurovision song contest......where was it performed or telecast.

BTW, thanks for welcoming me everyone.......and I welcome you all.:lol:

BTW, thanks for welcoming me everyone.......and I welcome you all.:lol:

Gee, thanks, Nain! That's you...always a day late and a rupee short!!! :up::lol:

Cheers,
Amigo

Nain seems to be left out. Nain yo want people to welcome you after you have posted 1000 posts!!

Hello friends. I am vacationing in another city of India, mumbai and I am not able to access any of the games since it is banned in the system that I am using. :-(
I will be able to access it only after two weeks when I return home. What's happening in the forum??

Nain seems to be left out. Nain yo want people to welcome you after you have posted 1000 posts!!
Hello friends. I am vacationing in another city of India, mumbai and I am not able to access any of the games since it is banned in the system that I am using. :-(
I will be able to access it only after two weeks when I return home. What's happening in the forum??

What is the meaning of Nain?

It sounds familiar to me much! I think It's a persian name!

In Hindi, how do you call a man or a woman?

I was watching an Indian movie (Under a heavy pressure, I surrendered finally to watch it)!:-D

Is there anybody who speaks فارسی?
(I'm courios)

Is there anybody who speaks فارسی?
(I'm courios)

Most of people can speak Farsi, but the main language is Turkish!
It's interesting to know that here we only write our things in Farsi! :)

(That's too hard to figure what a context written in Turkish means! At least for me, I never can write my talks in Turkish language - However Turkey-Turkish provides the possibility of doing that through using English Letters with a minor changes in some of them!)

It means that we just read a letter and while doing that we'd translate it to Turkish! Iran's ... government has banned people to use Turkish as their first written-language!!:roll:

Cheers,
P

Most of people can speak Farsi, but the main language is Turkish!
Cheers,
P

So, are you able to translate:
Code:
خــروج
and other things like that??

So, are you able to translate:
Code:
خــروج
and other things like that??

That's very close to Farsi as well!

We say:
Khuruj (as the same as in Farsi-English) = exit = خــروج
درب خروجی کجاست؟ = Where is the Exit? = Eshih gapisi Har da de?

Cheers,
P

What is the meaning of Nain?

It sounds familiar to me much! I think It's a persian name!

In Hindi, how do you call a man or a woman?

I was watching an Indian movie (Under a heavy pressure, I surrendered finally to watch it)!:-D

It means "eyes."

In Hindi, man is purush or aadmi; and woman is stree or aurath.

Nothing else Bea. Nain means eyes. What else did you want it to mean. :)

Where is our little boy, Sim?

I have a question that is necessary to be asnswered soon!

Once, I was told that you can speak Greek! So I want you spell the following Greek Name:

Achille Papapetrou

But please type its spelling in English e.g. grateful ['greıtfəl] and put it across to me in your beautiful terms!
Or if you get a link about that, just refer to it into the post!

I'm grateful to you in advance!

Last edited:
Nothing else Bea. Nain means eyes. What else did you want it to mean. :)
What if Nain was an eye, ears, nose & throat doctor (Otorhynolaryngologist)...what would his Hindi name be? :lol:

Wow Simosito u r learning our languages. I could understand what u wrote there. It's similar to my language. And proof.beh I tried to learn ur language but it's crazy and hard. The grammar is very difficult. But it's still my dream to speak it someday. salam afandim
:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back