International Café

Status
Not open for further replies.
[SIZE=-1]lang:"python"[/SIZE]

Python the programming language?
Do you know something about it?

Have you understood what I was talking about (the blowfish thing)?

Sim, please break it down for me in simple terms. What is it exactly that you do with blowfish, python, and all of your special keys? :?:

Sim, please break it down for me in simple terms. What is it exactly that you do with blowfish, python, and all of your special keys? :?:

Have you seen the page of wikipedia about blowfish (not the one about the fish)?

Have you seen the page of wikipedia about blowfish (not the one about the fish)?
Yes, I have seen the wiki! But it is still very complicated stuff! Are you writing programs yourself, working in conjunction with some of the guys you mentioned, or just what are you doing?

Amigo

well,of course I was talking source code

Holy cow puckey, Bea! When did you become such a computer geek? :shock:
I am IMPRESSED! You obviously don't spend all of your time dropping urns!!! :up:

Do you think that the mistery string is python code?

Yes, I have seen the wiki! But it is still very complicated stuff! Are you writing programs yourself, working in conjunction with some of the guys you mentioned, or just what are you doing?

Amigo

I did not meet those guys.
They have one thing in common. Something that day have all done (it isn't Hight School).

You should try to solve the string.

Code:
\xd3\x1cQ\x9a\xc1M\xa6~\x80\xf5\xcb\x0f\x88\xddN\x cc\x81\xffa\x84\x17"\xdd\xf2>"\x99!\xd1\x03\xcfg\x c0p\xf7P\xff!\x10\x89\x1f\tj\n\xa8\x98\xa2:\x1ea\x a9\xde\xacZ\xc6\x86\x0brg\xd3\xca

This string is from an ExplodedFish (=BlowFish, solved) with key "obscuratum" (if you know what blowfish is, you should understand this).
The fish uses a method called CTR (as the previous note).
When you'll understand what you have to do with that string, then you'll discover the super final clue...

Do you think that the mistery string is python code?
I did not meet those guys.
They have one thing in common. Something that day have all done (it isn't Hight School).

You should try to solve the string.

Apparently I got lucky.
The solution seems to be "nothing to do".

Last edited:
In good old days they used a phrase "Greek and Latin to me".....I guess it is time to change it now.

In good old days they used a phrase "Greek and Latin to me".....I guess it is time to change it now.

Hi,Nain
finished with your adults yet?

The phrase "It's Greek to me" goes all the way back to Shakespeare. (I am not sure if he invented it or if it was already in use at the time.)

:)

I think I'm just a little bit old for acting it out! That string is all the impossibility with a minor clue you gave us, Sim! I'm not nagging, but you could be more just about giving a tip on this cryptographic procedure or 'reading the codes' process!

By the way, we know, it is only Detective Poirot that ought to have solved the enigma based on your clue!

Cheers,
P

I think I'm just a little bit old for acting it out! That string is all the impossibility with a minor clue you gave us, Sim! I'm not nagging, but you could be more just about giving a tip on this cryptographic procedure or 'reading the codes' process!

By the way, we know, it is only Detective Poirot that ought to have solved the enigma based on your clue!

Cheers,
P

OK, Sim...we're up to the challenge of doing some more investigation on your 'string' of letters and symbols but we need a little more guidance from you! It appears that all of the people you listed are active in creating and using code for computer programs. Many of the websites I Googled are in a foreign language and I can't read the highlights! Give us a little more support here, our young friend!

A

What is Blowfish if it isn't a fish?

It is a ..............

What is a key?
It is something used by Blowfish to do his job

What is the string?
It is an evidence digested by BlowFish and his key

what is CTR?
It is the method used by blowfish if he wants to digest strings with undefinied lenght.

What is Blowfish if it isn't a fish?

It is a ..............

What is a key?
It is something used by Blowfish to do his job

What is the string?
It is an evidence digested by BlowFish and his key

what is CTR?
It is the method used by blowfish if he wants to digest strings with undefinied lenght.

"In cryptography, Blowfish is a keyed, symmetric block cipher, designed in 1993 by Bruce Schneier and included in a large number of cipher suites and encryption products."

Is this what you want us to get?:?::up:

So what I got from decryption is actually wrong?
I posted this days ago,but it has to be wrong,otherwise you would have told me,wouldn't you?

"In cryptography, Blowfish is a keyed, symmetric block cipher, designed in 1993 by Bruce Schneier and included in a large number of cipher suites and encryption products."

Is this what you want us to get?:?::up:

Yes, CTR is an encryption method used by the BlowFish algorithm to crypt strings.

Now you just have to decode the string I gave you with BlowFish CTR and the key 'obscuratum' and you'll find out What "I want the not native english speakers to be..."

So what I got from decryption is actually wrong?
I posted this days ago,but it has to be wrong,otherwise you would have told me,wouldn't you?

You said:
Apparently I got lucky.
The solution seems to be "nothing to do".
But I can't understand what you meant...

That's not possible.
It's hard to catch up with what you are decrypting guys. Blowfish, keys, codes.... they blow my mind off.:roll:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back