International Café

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tell us more, Sim! I can pretend I am not a native English speaker!!! :cool:

don't cheat.
I don't whant a faux non english.
(a little bit of french makes the sentence taste so exotic)

don't cheat.
I don't whant a faux non english.
(a little bit of french makes the sentence taste so exotic)
'Pretend' does not necessarily mean 'cheat'! :) As a child, didn't you ever pretend to be someone else...perhaps a policeman or a doctor??? I don't consider that to be cheating! ;-)

Yes, adding the French 'faux' gives you a certain aura of being a sophisticated scholar! Nice touch, Sim! :up:

Hey, Sim! What's new in the Eternal City? Are you staying out of trouble?

Say, are the gypsies still crowding all of the tourist attractions? My wife and I encountered many when we were in Rome.

'Pretend' does not necessarily mean 'cheat'! :) As a child, didn't you ever pretend to be someone else...perhaps a policeman or a doctor??? I don't consider that to be cheating! ;-)

Yes, adding the French 'faux' gives you a certain aura of being a sophisticated scholar! Nice touch, Sim! :up:

As Plato said all the life is a drama.
We can see only the shadows and we think they're true...

Anyway we can't do this thing with someone who only pretend not to be english.

(Maybe it ain't funny at all, but I think it is and it can make you feel helpful :-D)

degrees Celsius 40
degrees Fahrenheit 104

Wow! That's really hot!

:)

degrees Celsius 40
degrees Fahrenheit 104

Wow! That's really hot!

RonBee, 104 F is just a mild summer breeze in Tucson!!! We don't sweat until we hit 110!!

I wouldn't trade our 'hot' for your North Carolina humidity!!! :up:

Cheers,
Amigo

As Plato said all the life is a drama.
We can see only the shadows and we think they're true...

Anyway we can't do this thing with someone who only pretend not to be english.

(Maybe it ain't funny at all, but I think it is and it can make you feel helpful :-D)

Since when have you started running around with Plato, Sim? I am impressed by the friends that you keep! ;-)

I pretend to be 'English' because I am really American! Does being an American help me get into your special project?? :)

Cheers,
Amigo

Since when have you started running around with Plato, Sim? I am impressed by the friends that you keep! ;-)

I pretend to be 'English' because I am really American! Does being an American help me get into your special project?? :) I think if you are a clever American so that they should accept you with an open hug. Does being an agile American sound good for that project? I just questioned it because you can give Amigo a shot to get into the project as the 'being an assistant-detective' trial has been passed successfully by him and you never can come by such a valid criterion for being allowed to do that project!:-D

Cheers,
Amigo

I'm back! That is all!

Cheers,
P

Anything above 100 F is considered 'hot' (38 C)...when we hit 112-115 F (46 C) we all head for the nearest A/C movie theater to escape!!!! I can remember our sons playing baseball in Palm Springs when the temp was 118-120 F. Now, that was brutal!

Which reminds me...

When I was a child, not so long ago...jeje, we used to get free at school and ere allowed to go home (!!) when the we hit...¡¡¡¡30ºC!!!!!

That sounds rather ridiculous nowadays, but then...I am talking about Germany, of course.

Friends, Members, Associates:-

I will be on vacation for a week!!

Detective P, please keep me posted on important assignments. Don't take up new ventures without my authorisation!! You know my number.

Heidi, Keep an eye on detective P and Detective P, keep an eye on Heidi!!

For the rest of the members : Meet you all soon and Hold the fort!!

Shal you will be missed!! :oops::angel: Angels are always missed.

degrees Celsius 40
degrees Fahrenheit 104

Wow! That's really hot!

Pfuuuuu, not for this place!!! we hit 40 degrees in summer everyday. ;-)

Heidi, Keep an eye on detective P and Detective P, keep an eye on Heidi!!

Did you read this, Detective P.?? I have to keep an eye on you I as told!! so...behave!!!!!;-)

I'm back! That is all!

Cheers,
P

Yes, back alright!!!

AFTER HIDING!!!!! Yes , folks, and why was mister P. hiding???:shock::roll:

Because.........

we are the champions, we are the champions, we are the champions.....

Make it 31 league titles and counting for Real Madrid

Real Madrid won the league a week ago and Barsa had to make the "pasillo" to greet the champions before the end of the league. :p

A guard of honour, by the way, is that done in your countries??:cool:

Welcome back, P., and Heidita!! We missed you!

May we safely assume that your disappearance during the same period of time was purely coincidental???? :)

Did you read this, Detective P.?? I have to keep an eye on you I as told!! so...behave!!!!!;-)

I think I just have to bahave mutually as a professional detective just does it because when you want to get information around a case, you are to steal the guilties up like this:
Guilty: I'm not blameworthy... Detective P: yes, you are not!!!! Guilty: Can I go then? Detective P: yeah!

So where is he gonna get? It's easy to say where the hell that it could give you a trace!

Yes, back alright!!!

AFTER HIDING!!!!! Yes , folks, and why was mister P. hiding???:shock::roll:

Because......... He was into getting a good score in TOEFL exam!:-D

we are the champions, we are the champions, we are the champions.....

Real Madrid won the league a week ago and Barsa had to make the "pasillo" to greet the champions before the end of the league. :p

I confess that Barsa really was freaked out! But that is not everything! We will get back with a new coach and a fresh style! Damn Madrid will lose the next season because it's going wrong with a vain through the grade they got in 2007-08 season!

A guard of honour, by the way, is that done in your countries??:cool:

Welcome back, P., and Heidita!! We missed you!

May we safely assume that your disappearance during the same period of time was purely coincidental???? :) I missed you too! I got to say that I had a case about a murder that it was done by damn Madrid's fans on a poor Barsa's

Cheers,
P

I pretend to be 'English' because I am really American! Does being an American help me get into your special project?? :)

Cheers,
Amigo

nope, you musn't be a "native speaker" (nor american nor english nor canadian nor south african...)

We translate thing of Plato at school (from Greek to Italian)

We translate thing of Plato at school (from Greek to Italian)

I dimly remember doing Plato at school,we did both Kriton and Gorgias
(not really my cup of tea)I really loved translating Homer's Iliad - I think you can't really appreciate Vergil if you've never done Homer

I dimly remember doing Plato at school,we did both Kriton and Gorgias
(not really my cup of tea)I really loved translating Homer's Iliad - I think you can't really appreciate Vergil if you've never done Homer

We aren't at that level. :(
(But I'm only 14)

nope, you musn't be a "native speaker" (nor american nor english nor canadian nor south african...)

Maybe proof.beh is interested? Or heidita...

(I did think about it a lot, and it is not funny at all. If one of them or someone else is interested, thay can contact me by PMs)

Maybe proof.beh is interested? Or heidita...

(I did think about it a lot, and it is not funny at all. If one of them or someone else is interested, thay can contact me by PMs)

What is the matter?

What the incomplete criminal file is there that I may be into it?

Tell me more than a tip!

Cheers,
P

I just came back from a good long weekend, guys. The cafe' looks very different today.

Can somebody please fill me in on what's happening inside?

Why is everybody seems to be interested in literature now?

I just came back from a good long weekend, guys. The cafe' looks very different today.

Can somebody please fill me in on what's happening inside?

Why is everybody seems to be interested in literature now?
Blouen, my lad! I hope you enjoyed your Korean holiday!!! :up:

It seems that Sim is looking for non-natives who might be interested in working on a special project! Check it out with him if you might be interested.

Of course, P., is still up to his old tricks as he tries to stay out of trouble! Hats off to P,. for giving his mother a bouquet for Mother's Day! :)

Shal and Nain are on vacation...Haven't heard from Heidi in a long time...Blue Bird and DT drop by every now and then but not as often as they used to! Bea is still working hard trying to charter the last weeks of the current school year!

So, what's new with you, my friend? Did you do anything special during your holiday?

Cheers,
Amigo

My manly friend you are right this damn university exams. I'll start after one month and I still didn't study enough. Damn I feel broken:cry:. I hope if I can share you as soon as I can.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back