International Café

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's up Phil? Didin't see you for sometime....

The fun here is that: we are all trying to paint Nain hair Black. Want to join the fun?

oh,please,could you help me find Louen's pic!

I'm always ready for fun! :eek:lympic:

Even though I don't write, you can be sure I read what you write. :p

I had work to do. Now, I'll often be here. About your funny game, I thought we all have to show up by avatar. :lol:

Hey guys, we're feeling better and better, aren't we? ... Summer comes! :cool:

Hey guys, we're feeling better and better, aren't we? ... Summer comes! :cool:

I can't wait for summer too, philadelphia. What are you guys going to do in summer? Here in Romania, school ends at June 13 and starts again at September 15.

I can't wait for summer too, philadelphia. What are you guys going to do in summer? Here in Romania, school ends at June 13 and starts again at September 15.

go back to England and have fun
we don't wind down our school year before the beginning of July and do not go back until the beginning of September

we don't wind down our school year before the beginning of July and do not go back until the beginning of September
My God, Bea!!!!!! School until the beginning of July!!!! It is too damn hot to be in school that long! :-(

My God, Bea!!!!!! School until the beginning of July!!!! It is too damn hot to be in school that long! :-(Didn't you get my PM?
so true
just so that you know - this weekend you, as a devout Roman Catholic are supposed to attend Mass at least twice (Pentecost) :angel:

today we were surprised by a bit of a 'heatwave' with 20 degrees C,which made people put on their sandals and linen frocks and which will keep GPs quite busy next week

Last edited:
Quote:
Originally Posted by amigos4
My God, Bea!!!!!! School until the beginning of July!!!! It is too damn hot to be in school that long! Didn't you get my PM? No! Please resend it to me!

so true
just so that you know - this weekend you, as a devout Roman Catholic are supposed to attend Mass at least twice (Pentecost) I'll be sure to make an appearance! :roll:
today we were surprised by a bit of a 'heatwave' with 20 degrees C,which made people put on their sandals and linen frocks and which will keep GPs quite busy next week
I can't believe you guys have to endure the summer heat at school! Arizona finishes the year by the end of May and begins in late August! :shock:

I can't believe you guys have to endure the summer heat at school! Arizona finishes the year by the end of May and begins in late August! :shock:
well, come to think of it it's especially hard on the kids because we do have some breaks in between like 10 days at Easter(which enabled me to run quite a few updates) or two weeks for Christmas, but right now we kind of can't muster the enthusiasm required to put on an engaging show for 6 consecutive periods per day

today a student,while being questioned on the merits of the client system in Rome by me, suddenly wanted to know,"You're sure you're feeling up to it,Miss?"
me,cringing inside,suddenly felt I should have taken up accounting in the first place

as to the heat,
what makes us talk about heat waves will probably have you in hysterics
in summer(which we won't have before the end of June) we'll be lucky to have 30 degrees of Celsius which will make my husband sneak out for extra supplies of beer and make my mum put on her ancient straw hat for gardening(which survived WWII)
I wonder what you would consider heat?

Anything above 100 F is considered 'hot' (38 C)...when we hit 112-115 F (46 C) we all head for the nearest A/C movie theater to escape!!!! I can remember our sons playing baseball in Palm Springs when the temp was 118-120 F. Now, that was brutal!

Anything above 100 F is considered 'hot' (38 C)...when we hit 112-115 F (46 C) we all head for the nearest A/C movie theater to escape!!!! I can remember our sons playing baseball in Palm Springs when the temp was 118-120 F. Now, that was brutal!

well,you must be born survivors - I had students sit for their finals at 112 F last year and I was decked out in a black silk,long-sleeved dress(as dress code required)
We(ten male teachers,our headmistress,the chairman, two colleagues and myself had to sit through 6 days in long-sleeved dresses,suits and ties-after Day 1 the AC broke down so each of us was given a small pocket fan.

that's when the ambulance had to be called

well,you must be born survivors - I had students sit for their finals at 112 F last year and I was decked out in a black silk,long-sleeved dress(as dress code required)
We(ten male teachers,our headmistress,the chairman, two colleagues and myself had to sit through 6 days in long-sleeved dresses,suits and ties-after Day 1 the AC broke down so each of us was given a small pocket fan.

that's when the ambulance had to be called
My God, Bea! Are you working in a prison school???? 'long-sleeved silk dresses'??? What ever happened to having teachers in mini-skirts, spaghetti strapped halter tops, and boys wanting to sit in the front row?? :cool:

Do you teach in a parochial school?

But in what country are you teaching, beascarpetta? In Romania it is also very hot during the summer (by the way, is "the summer" phrase correct?), and extending school towards July (the hottest season) would be suicidal.

so true
just so that you know - this weekend you, as a devout Roman Catholic are supposed to attend Mass at least twice (Pentecost) :angel:

Does this qualify for heatwave -- Here in India, Bea, nobody speaks of heatwave until the temp crosses 40 C.:)

Does this qualify for heatwave -- Here in India, Bea, nobody speaks of heatwave until the temp crosses 40 C.:)

Bea, you consider 20 degree C as heatwave??? :shock::shock:

Even with 45 degree C in Hyderabad, people mention the weather as "very hot." If you ever plan to visit India, do it between the months of November and January. Its not cold but the temp will be somewhere between 15 deg and 20 deg C.

Friends, Members, Associates:-

I will be on vacation for a week!!

Detective P, please keep me posted on important assignments. Don't take up new ventures without my authorisation!! You know my number.

Heidi, Keep an eye on detective P and Detective P, keep an eye on Heidi!!

For the rest of the members : Meet you all soon and Hold the fort!!

Friends, Members, Associates:-

I will be on vacation for a week!!

Detective P, please keep me posted on important assignments. Don't take up new ventures without my authorisation!! You know my number.

Heidi, Keep an eye on detective P and Detective P, keep an eye on Heidi!!

For the rest of the members : Meet you all soon and Hold the fort!!

Enjoy your time dear. We will miss you. I'm personally so so busy with my university. Having a lot of subjects to study them. I'll be away for a while as well. Have a nice vacation.
:)

Who - someone who mustn't be a native english speaker - would like to do something unusual in is own language??

Who - someone who mustn't be a native english speaker - would like to do something unusual in is own language??

Tell us more, Sim! I can pretend I am not a native English speaker!!! :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back