International Café

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sim, was it an African elephant or an Asian elephant????? :)

Maybe an Asian elephant (smaller) can enter a room...
An African ~ (bigger) can't.

hey every one

how are u ?

am new here
and i wanna learn English as much as i can

so if u find any mistake on my topics

would u please tell me about it ??

thanks a lot

have great day ;-)​

Welcome to the forum dear Miss.Kindness.;-)

Maybe an Asian elephant (smaller) can enter a room...
An African ~ (bigger) can't.

Good observation, Sim! Maybe it's the large ears that make the African elephant bigger! :up:

Miss kindness, what a pretty name!! Would suit me , too, mind you!!:roll::lol:

Thanks to everybody for the "welcome back" posts. I think ...I was missing you too!:oops:

And of coruse, Simosito's cats. Did I tell you about my cats? My cats are Julian and Rufino, yes, perfectly human names...they should be as they are treated liek children. One is black and one is ...well, loooks just his mother, pretty blue eyes.

Amigos, ¡¡¡¡¡¡¿¿¿¿¿¿¿is that you in the photo?????!!!!!!!!

I thought you were fair, handsome, tall, athletic........:lilangel:

I am missing mister p...where is is??????? Hiding , eh??:lol:

Bea, shal, devil's tears.......we MUST put our photo......amigos will be outshone by us!!!!

(I don't think outshone is correct...but sounds pretty!:cool:)

Bea, shal, devil's tears.......we MUST put our photo......amigos will be outshone by us!!!!

(I don't think outshone is correct...but sounds pretty!:cool:)

Didn't you see Bea in the word association game, Heidi? She is a very pretty maiden!!

Some Classic definitions

--School: A place where father pays and Son plays.

--Life Insurance: A contract that keeps you poor all your life so that you can die Rich.

--Nurse: A person who wakes u up to give you sleeping pills.

--Marriage: It's an agreement in which a man loses his bachelor degree and a woman gains her masters.

--Tears: The hydraulic force by which masculine willpower is defeated by feminine waterpower.

--Lecture: An art of transferring information from the notes of the Lecturer to the notes of the students without passing through "the minds of either" .

--Conference: The confusion of one man multiplied by the number present.

--Compromise: The art of dividing a cake in such a way that everybody believes he got the biggest piece.

--Dictionary: A place where success comes before work.

--Conference Room: A place where everybody talks, nobody listens and everybody disagrees later on.

--Father: A banker provided by nature.

--Criminal: A guy no different from the rest....except that he got caught.

--Boss: Someone who is early when you are late and late when you are early.

--Politician: One who shakes your hand before elections and your Confidence after.

--Doctor: A person who kills your ills by pills, and kills you by bills.

--Classic: Books, which people praise, but do not read.

--Smile: A curve that can set a lot of things straight.

--Office: A place where you can relax after your strenuous home life.

--Yawn: The only time some married men ever get to open their mouth. ((Point to be noted.))
--Etc.: A sign to make others believe that you know more than you actually do.

--Committee: Individuals who can do nothing individually and sit to decide that nothing can be done together.

--Experience: The name men give to their mistakes.

--Atom Bomb: An invention to end all inventions.

--Philosopher: A fool who torments himself during life, to be wise after death.

Last edited:
Very good definitions, Shal! I see that you have been quite busy at work!!! :)

Very nice, Shal! I love what you wrote down here, especially the Nurse, Lecture, Compromise, Etc:lol:

Very nice, Shal! I love what you wrote down here, especially the Nurse, Lecture, Compromise, Etc:lol:

Blouen, I think you would be a terrific nurse! You could wake me up to give me my sleeping pills! :lol:

Blouen!!!!!!! Where is your photo, dude???? :)

Blouen, I think you would be a terrific nurse! You could wake me up to give me my sleeping pills! :lol:
I can do more than that Amigos. I can cook "etc".:lol:

Blouen!!!!!!! Where is your photo, dude???? :)
Oh yes, nobody has seen my pic yet except DT. I wonder if Shal already did. Perhaps, I'll just send the link to you via PM.

Oh yes, nobody has seen my pic yet except DT. I wonder if Shal already did. Perhaps, I'll just send the link to you via PM.
I've only seen Shal's pic and your avatar. DT refused to show me her picture. And Bea, I seem to miss the chance to see it. Where did she post her picture?

I've only seen Shal's pic and your avatar. DT refused to show me her picture. And Bea, I seem to miss the chance to see it. Where did she post her picture?

no,you won't
I actually removed it but since you seem to insist I uploaded it again
and,by the way,where is yours,if I may ask?

No, Louen , no luck. I am not able to locate you in the link that you sent.:cry::cry::cry::cry:

How may I have the privilege of seeing you again?

Shal,my dear there is a photo of you somewhere?I've managed to locate it.Oh well, Shal, BREATHTAKING is the only word that comes to mind.YOU LOOK more than just WHOW...
doesn't your husband have serious problems in even letting you out into the street to get to work

Last edited:
And Nain,since I can see your shadow lurking in the dark,where is your photo?
and do not tell me you don't like being photographed:-D

Last edited:
Shal,my dear there is a photo of you somewhere?
please tell me where.
I'll have to run again in a couple of minutes (another written exam for 25 people) and it would be a treat to have the privilege of seeing your pic before that !!:-D

I have it in my avatar dear. Will remove it today!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back