International Café

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm worried about the Speaking Part and about fitting in the time limit for each test. But you only have to score 60% to pass it, which gives you a boost in morale and confidence. Thank you for your support, but it's easy to present good English skills on this forum, because you have a grammar corrector that underlines your mistakes. :)

Don't worry Mihai;-)
ive done the test before joining this forum and i passes it ^o ^
im sure u'll pass too ^^

if you flirt with a girl in Italian , she must be unable to resist your charm(she'll be overwhelmed)
:-D
Sim, if you flirt with an Italian girl in English she will REALLY be impressed!! :cool:

Phil,

I'm still curious about your 'Philadelphia' username! Did you take the name because you admire the American city? Or is there another reason?

Cheers,
Amigo

Phil,

I'm still curious about your 'Philadelphia' username! Did you take the name because you admire the American city? Or is there another reason?

Cheers,
Amigo

Right enough. Good question!

Why so? Because not only this is the city that brought the first constitution but also SHE has got many other things as well.

I'm student in law... I'm into law! Do you understand better? :-D

My amigo!

Right enough. Good question!

Why so? Because not only this is the city that brought the first constitution but also SHE has got many other things as well.

I'm student in law... I'm into law! Do you understand better? :-D

My amigo!

Yes, Vincent! I understand! I salute you for your fine choice of cities!

I thought of you the other evening as I was watching a TV program about our famous patriot, John Adams! The TV show made a wonderful point that John Adams, Benjamin Franklin, and Thomas Jefferson all served as US Ambassador to France during the American Revolution. Of course, Adams, Jefferson, and Franklin were all actively involved in creating the Declaration of Independence and the US Constitution while they spent time in Philadelphia! You chose a great username! :up::up:

Quote:
Originally Posted by philadelphia

I'm student in law... I'm into law!

Which area of the law interests you the most? Civil, criminal, international, business, etc.

Amigo

Quote:
Originally Posted by philadelphia

I'm student in law... I'm into law!

Which area of the law interests you the most? Civil, criminal, international, business, etc.

Amigo

Civil (there're so many areas in this one :lol:), criminal, international, european, history... And other ones that I may not remember at the moment.

At first, my favourite is criminal but actually, I'm beginning to dig on international as well. Well, both would be getting better! :-D

What do you do for a living, amigo? :-D

My Amigo.

What do you do for a living, amigo? :-D

I am an elementary school principal. I work with children who are between the ages of 5 and 11. :up:

I am an elementary school principal. I work with children who are between the ages of 5 and 11. :up:

Do you teach as well?

Do you teach as well?
There are many days when teachers are absent and I cannot locate a substitute...it is on those days that I must teach the class! So, yes! I still teach...but my primary responsibility is administration of the school. (About 600 students and a staff of 50 adults.)

How far along are you in your law classes?

There are many days when teachers are absent and I cannot locate a substitute...it is on those days that I must teach the class! So, yes! I still teach...but my primary responsibility is administration of the school. (About 600 students and a staff of 50 adults.)

How far along are you in your law classes?

I'm in the second year at university (college for you :-D). So I have got two years in law. Still five years and I will be a lawyer. :cry::lol:

Please correct my mistakes. :shock: is it "over"?

You have got a great job. You do make a lot for children. Quite good! :-D

My Amigo!

Don't worry Mihai;-)
ive done the test before joining this forum and i passes it ^o ^
im sure u'll pass too ^^

Great to hear that Blue Bird. :-D If you're already used to the exam, can you give me a few tips? How did the Speaking Part go on? How much did you score?

I'm in the second year at university (college for you :-D). So I have got two years in law. Still five years and I will be a lawyer. :cry::lol:

Please correct my mistakes. :shock: is it "over"?

You have got a great job. You do make a lot for children. Quite good! :-D

My Amigo!

Phil,
In USA, we would say that you are a sophomore (2nd year student) majoring in pre-law. This means that you would complete a 4 year college/university program before taking an entrance exam for law school. Yes, you would still have five years of college/university before your school days are 'over'!

I am fascinated by the study of law and, if I had it to do over, I may have taken pre-law classes instead of pre-teaching classes!

Keep your chin up...the end is near!!! :)

Phil,
In USA, we would say that you are a sophomore (2nd year student) majoring in pre-law. This means that you would complete a 4 year college/university program before taking an entrance exam for law school. Yes, you would still have five years of college/university before your school days are 'over'!

I am fascinated by the study of law and, if I had it to do over, I may have taken pre-law classes instead of pre-teaching classes!

Keep your chin up...the end is near!!! :)

I like this idiom.

I believe we are a bit similar. I'm studying law but yet, I would like to be teaching French abroad. I'd be able to learn English as well. :lol:

Moreover, it's getting something good to bring your language over oceans. I like sharing all I know (even though I know few things :lol:). Let's share our knowledges. For a world better! :-D

Hoping again and again go to U.S.! When I will have money enough, though.

My Amigo!

I like this idiom. Remember it, Phil! It is a very positive thing to say to someone! I like it, also! :up:
I believe we are a bit similar. I agree. We have many things in common! I'm studying law but yet, I would like to be teaching French abroad. I'd be able to learn English as well. :lol:

Moreover, it's getting something good to bring your language over oceans. I like sharing all I know (even though I know few things :lol:). Let's share our knowledges. For a world better! "For a better world!":-D

Hoping again and again go to U.S.! When I will have money enough, though. Just get a credit card!!! You don't need money!!! :lol::lol::lol: Now is the time to come to North America! The Euro is strong and the dollar is weak! You would have a great advantage when you buy something here.

My Amigo!

A

I'm worried about the Speaking Part and about fitting in the time limit for each test. But you only have to score 60% to pass it, which gives you a boost in morale and confidence. Thank you for your support, but it's easy to present good English skills on this forum, because you have a grammar corrector that underlines your mistakes. :)

Do you also have oral english tests? (i.e speaking). I feel that in writing, you will score above 60%, so don't worry. If your speaking is as good as your writing, then there is nothing to worry. Else, practise and you will get the hang of it!!:up::up::up:

I'm fine, thanks for asking! How are you? I too would like to stay and type on this forum all day, but I've got to go to school. :-( FCE is a Cambridge exam. It stands for First Certificate in English. I've got to admit that I'm kind of nervous about it, there are only 6 weeks left before the exam! Thank you and good luck to you too!
Mihai! Keep visiting the forum! We'll be happy to assist you with your conversational and written English! We want you to do well on the exam! :up:

Riddle: Only one small part of this is required to fill the entire room. What is it?

Right, but there are two more answers to it. Any guesses?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back