International Café

Status
Not open for further replies.
supada, I have missed you!!!!!! Where have you been hiding these days? Have you been buried under the smog of Los Angeles????

Yes! I saw the beautiful moon this past weekend! It was gorgeous! :)

No, there is no so much abuse here , Pharmacists Association and the Ministry of Health have strict rules .
There is some of control on pharmacies and physicians .. but to tell the truth we can't avoid abuse completely , but we can say this is somewhat under control

Rania, did you study English in school? How many languages can you speak?

Aha. I studied english from pre school until college .. And in my major all subjects were in english . In uni. I took french cource and in school I had 2 years cources of german language :-D

Aha. I studied english from pre school until college .. And in my major all subjects were in english . In uni. I took french cource and in school I had 2 years cources of german language :-D
Very impressive credentials, Rania! You are a true polyglot! :up:

I speak English and a little Spanish! Tucson is very close to the Mexico border and we have a lot of Mexican workers in our city! We hear a lot of Spanish spoken every day!

SUDH: what name should I put in the interview as yours?

Spanish is a nice language .. lot of extensions .. :)
Actually here in palestine , you will find many people talks engilsh fluently , then french then german . .. little german
I really try to improve myself first in english , maybe later I will take french cources. What difficult in french as I see is the accent >? right?

Spanish is a nice language .. lot of extensions .. :)
Actually here in palestine , you will find many people talks engilsh fluently , then french then german . .. little german
I really try to improve myself first in english , maybe later I will take french cources. What difficult in french as I see is the accent >? right?
Spanish is a fun language to speak! I enjoy all of the words that end in the letter 'o'! ;-)

Yes, the French accent is very difficult to learn! But, my goodness, it is such a beautiful language to hear when it is spoken properly! ;-) In the past, I have rented French movies just to listen to the beautiful accent!!!! I never understood a word of what was said but it sure was pretty to listen to! :lol:

I would prefer being called as SUDHKAMP!

Thanks for giving me an identity, Sancho Panza!;-)
You are welcome, SUDH! But, actually, my really close friends call me Don Quixote...not Sancho Panza! :up:

Yes, French has a lot of accents.
You can even find more than 1 accent in a single word: "télèphone" for example.
Another difficult thing is the spelling: writing in French is very hard. I had once a French teacher that had taught French in some schools in France; she used to say that even French schoolchildren aged 10-11 had problem writing some words correctly, for the same pronunciation can be reproduced on the paper in different ways...

Nevertheless French is a really interesting language, and -- without it -- English itself wouldn't be the same...

Sim, SUDH's real name is Niccolo Machiavelli! :cool:
Amigos, you missed one accent :roll: it's Niccolò...

How are you my dear accent-killer-pal?

Spanish is a fun language to speak! I enjoy all of the words that end in the letter 'o'! ;-)

Yes, the French accent is very difficult to learn! But, my goodness, it is such a beautiful language to hear when it is spoken properly! ;-) In the past, I have rented French movies just to listen to the beautiful accent!!!! I never understood a word of what was said but it sure was pretty to listen to! :lol:
And really nice to watch those pretty heroins!

Amigos, you missed one accent :roll: it's Niccolò... Sure, it's easy for you to say that, Sim! You have one of those fancy European keyboards! My keyboard doesn't have all of those pretty little accent marks on it! ;-)

How are you my dear accent-killer-pal?
Amigo is doing quite well, Sim! I've missed you lately! You are one busy lad these days!!! :up:

You are welcome, SUDH! But, actually, my really close friends call me Don Quixote...not Sancho Panza! :up:
Oh, it is so quixotic!;-)

Amigo is doing quite well, Sim! I've missed you lately! You are one busy lad these days!!! :up:

Yes, I've been quite busy...
And still I am.
Talking of busy people: where's our proof.beh?

Originally Posted by amigos4

Spanish is a fun language to speak! I enjoy all of the words that end in the letter 'o'!
Is that for a phonetic reason or just male chauvinism?

So, the boy is a grown up man now, are you listening, amigooooooooooooooooooooooo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back