International Café

Status
Not open for further replies.
Phil, the only thing that is 'south of France' is Spain! Maybe you should be learning Spanish instead of English!!!! ;-)

AHh :) Indeed, I have also been learning Spanish. This language is easier than English for French.

Thanks for correcting, I like and need it. Don't hesitate to correct my mistakes. :-D

This thread seems to be sooooooooooo deserted today.

What are we planning to discuss today?

Phil,

When you arrive in Arizona we'll drive the natives crazy!

I can hear it now: "Well, hello, Everyone! I'd like you to meet 'Frenchy', my dear friend from Toulouse! His friends call him 'Philadelphia' but he'd really like to spend the summer in 'Montreal'! His mother calls him 'Victor' but he likes to be called 'Phil' by his friends in the forum! He doesn't need to use any sunscreen because he's from southern France where it's sunny all the time!"

Good lord, Phil! My friends might just put us BOTH on a plane and send us back to Bordeaux! :up::lol:

Keep it in your sneaker, amigo! ;-)

That would be amazing! Why not.

I believe I didn't understand. My name is Vincent, but now, you entered me as called Victor. :lol: What a joke! :cool: Victor is a good name but I do prefer Vincent. :-D

Wouldn't you come to France? It's an beautiful country where there're many pretty girls. :cool:

Regards
Phil

Hello everyone, glad to meet you all. :up: My name is Mihai and I am a male high-school student of 16. Maybe we'll have some fun here, while improving our English!

Best regards and thank you for the invitation, shalstudent. :)

Hello everyone, glad to meet you all. :up: My name is Mihai and I am a male high-school student of 16. Maybe we'll have some fun here, while improving our English!

You are picking out a good place. :cool: You'll be able to talk about what you want here. There're many native speakers, that's getting better and better.

You are welcome Mihai!

Regards
-Vincent

Hello Mihai. Welcome to the cafe!!

Good to see you here.
We will most definitely have fun!!

Take care and see you soon.

I believe I didn't understand. My name is Vincent, but now, you entered me as called Victor. :lol: What a joke! :cool: Victor is a good name but I do prefer Vincent. :-D

Wouldn't you come to France? It's an beautiful country where there're many pretty girls. :cool:

Regards
Phil

Hello Phil!! Amigo has accepted too many invitations!!
He has to visit Spain, India, England, The Gulf countries, to Manila and finally to France.

Amigo, better take a looooong leave and start visiting now. Don't forget to be in India in July!!:up:

Regards
Phil

So sorry, VINCENT! I was so caught up in my efforts to be witty that I said Victor instead of VINCENT! :oops: What's the big deal? They both begin with 'V', don't they? :)

I was not trying to correct you when you said 'south of France'. I understood the meaning of your sentence and you used the appropriate expression. Once again, I was trying to add a little fun to the reply! :oops: I've always found it colorful whenever I hear the French describe the Bordeaux region as being in the 'south of France' rather than saying it is located in southern France! If I told people I lived 'south of Arizona' they would think I live in a hacienda in Mexico!! ;-)

Anyway, VINCENT, you can be sure that I will continue to give you a difficult time whenever we meet online! Afterall, anyone named VINCENT can't be all bad!!! :up:

Cheers,
Your Friend Victor

Hello Phil!! Amigo has accepted too many invitations!!
He has to visit Spain, India, England, The Gulf countries, to Manila and finally to France.

Amigo, better take a looooong leave and start visiting now. Don't forget to be in India in July!!:up:

Hey student!

Don't be jealous like that. :lol: You will be able to come in these countries. Far more, you will fly to France soon! Moreover, I can see that you also don't need sunscreen (Indian you are). Most of us doesn't need it. I'm going to believe everybody lives in the southern here. :cool:

Regards
Vincent

So sorry, VINCENT! I was so caught up in my efforts to be witty that I said Victor instead of VINCENT! :oops: What's the big deal? They both begin with 'V', don't they? :)

I was not trying to correct you when you said 'south of France'. I understood the meaning of your sentence and you used the appropriate expression. Once again, I was trying to add a little fun to the reply! :oops: I've always found it colorful whenever I hear the French describe the Bordeaux region as being in the 'south of France' rather than saying it is located in southern France! If I told people I lived 'south of Arizona' they would think I live in a hacienda in Mexico!! ;-)

Anyway, VINCENT, you can be sure that I will continue to give you a difficult time whenever we meet online! Afterall, anyone named VINCENT can't be all bad!!! :up:

Cheers,
Your Friend Victor

Indeed, Victor and Vincent are written with a V as first letter. How strong you was! :cool: Both are common in France but I don't know why, I do prefer Vincent!

You might be a traveller, couldn't you? Student said you are a traveller, you already went everywhere. :lol: Could you confirm this?

Regards
Nope it's me Victor :oops: :lol:

I'm back

:up: Great Sim

But you said you had interest, so now (?). Did you take your interest to its logical conclusion.:)

I got bored...

I And by the way, Sim, if your heart-throb ever happended to visit this site and see the pics and the comments, you are dead meat!!

she never liked English, thus she won't visit this website even in 100 years.

I've got one little question: where do I set the signature in this forum? I really can't find it!

I've got one little question: where do I set the signature in this forum? I really can't find it!

I don't think you actually can. :lol: At least I've never saw a user with a signature on this forum. :-D

By the way, does any of you have a slight interest in football (aka soccer)? What is your favourite team (club and national)?

What does aka mean?

I like watching the Champions League.

The final will be: Manchester United - Chelsea

I both like. How to pick out? :-(

I enjoy watching Champions League too. Manchester United and Chelsea are both great teams, I'm sure we'll have an entertaining final. It's very hard to choose between these two teams, but I think I like Chelsea more. :) I hope they're going to win the trophy because they didn't have that much success in the competition before.

Do you support a football team from France? :) My favourite team is CFR Cluj, which is a Romanian team from Cluj-Napoca. I like them, although I live in Bucharest, the capital of Romania.

I enjoy watching Champions League too. Manchester United and Chelsea are both great teams, I'm sure we'll have an entertaining final. It's very hard to choose between these two teams, but I think I like Chelsea more. :) I hope they're going to win the trophy because they didn't have that much success in the competition before.

Do you support a football team from France? :) My favourite team is CFR Cluj, which is a Romanian team from Cluj-Napoca. I like them, although I live in Bucharest, the capital of Romania.

Hey Mihai!

Indeed, they both are very well. Usually, British do not like them a lot. They prefer Liverpool more. At a guess, I can't pick out my team for this final. :-(
Only hoping a great match!

About French championish, I'm not really a supporter but yet, I support some teams like Paris(Capital), Lyon (which got to be well) and Monaco. Nonetheless, I must note that our championish suck compared to English, Spanish or Italian championish... :-|

I'm also waiting the Euro 2008 which should surely be pretty nice. One thing to say, what a pity for England. :shock:

regards
-Phil

Ligue I is one of the solid championships of Europe. I agree with you when you say that it is weaker than Italy, Spain and especially, England, but it is not extremely below these competitions . French teams at least have big budgets, which I can't say for the Romanian League. So we can't even compare to the big championships in any way. But, we Romanian teams are trying to improve, we had remarkable results in Europe a few years ago, so we are hoping for more to come in the following years.

As for my team, CFR Cluj, we are second in the league, 2 points below league leaders Steaua Bucharest with only 2 games to go. We still have a chance at winning the league and we are also fighting for the Romanian Cup, where we will play the final in a few weeks. :)

Wondering if you already watched Ligue 1 because the matchs really suck. Sometimes, a week-end, they may get only 10 goals from all the matchs. As there're 20 teams, that gives only one goal a match. Frankly, I can't keep watching any more. :lol: That proves well that money doesn't provide as much as we could believe it. French system football is different than other ones.

At the moment and even for a few years, we have just got one team which can compete with other great ones from Italia, Spain and England. I'm naturally talking about Lyon. Sometimes, they look pretty well but this year.:-|

The only thing we must be sure is that there're many teams for a little CL. That brings an obvious trouble, teams like yours and mine can't really play to win.

Regards
-Phil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back