International Café

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am inviting amigos, beascarpetta, Gayanah, Anglika, Ouisch, Wil_Ibanez, Moonz, Shalstudent, Simosito, Proof.beh, Isabella(M.S.E.), Be Real, Hanky and Nor, Raymott, Tdol and all my friends in the forums to India for the new year Eve bash.

Sorry, I'm already busy... :-(

Hi my friends, I missed you all alot
I think I missed a lot in this cafe? well I will sit down and have a cup of coffee with a friend and ask about news. who wanna join me?

I am inviting amigos, beascarpetta, Gayanah, Anglika, Ouisch, Wil_Ibanez, Moonz, Shalstudent, Simosito, Proof.beh, Isabella(M.S.E.), Be Real, Hanky and Nor, Raymott, Tdol and all my friends in the forums to India for the new year Eve bash. Hope everyone who reads this post would also join(though I might have omitted some names like Roseline etc.)Wil are you making it sure to come to India? Please bring in your Air Guitar for the Party.

A New Year Eve bash in India? that's a dream come true!! :-D:up:, me and my air guitar will be there, yeah!!!!!!! :p :cool::up:

I am inviting amigos, beascarpetta, Gayanah, Anglika, Ouisch, Wil_Ibanez, Moonz, Shalstudent, Simosito, Proof.beh, Isabella(M.S.E.), Be Real, Hanky and Nor, Raymott, Tdol and all my friends in the forums to India for the new year Eve bash. Hope everyone who reads this post would also join(though I might have omitted some names like Roseline etc.)Wil are you making it sure to come to India? Please bring in your Air Guitar for the Party.

Thank you SUDH
When I imagine this company my heart really goes on..........................

Cheers gayanah

Hi !!!

Yeah I'm invited to the party !!! and Wily will be playing his guiter .. :)

It's ganna be awesome :cool::up:

Thanks SUD

It is hard to believe that it is almost 2009!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Where did 2008 go??????

It is hard to believe that it is almost 2009!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Where did 2008 go??????
The year of 2008 was very long,
all the twelve months you wrote song!

Hi my friends, I missed you all alot
I think I missed a lot in this cafe? well I will sit down and have a cup of coffee with a friend and ask about news. who wanna join me?
Welcome back Niloofar with your new mattress avatar! Hope your daughter is jumping around fine. Have a cup of cappuccino and join the New Year eve bash in India.:up:

Hi all of my friends,

Did I miss anything here?? I have to check back previous pages to catch up everything!

Hope you guys had a great Christmas time!

I'm in!!

Good morning guys

Welcome back Lady B and dear P. Amigo too seems to be back after completing his duties as Santa. The only one missing now is Shal.

Is everyone ready with the Champagne........count down has begun my friends.:-D

Most welcome, and Supada is going to decide the Menu of the Party(no alcoholic substance and no Non-veg). Thai food would be also part of the party for first day.:up:

I wrote down all the questions!!

I write them here, if you are interested reply via private message.

~~QUESTIONS~~

1. Is there a division between different High Schools (tecnical, scientific...) in your country?
  2. How many exams does a student have during his pre-university career?
  3. Is it possible for the students in your country to elect their representatives? Since which grade?
  4. Can they ask for assemblies?
  5. Is there a religion class? If any, can students do an alternative class or religion is compulsory?
  6. The classrooms are divided by class or sections*?
  7. Is there a good public school or the good ones are only private?
  8. Do good students with economic problems have the possibility to get any kind of "help" to go to the university?
  9. How soon can you leave school?
  10. How do young people spend their free time?
  11. What's your city like? What kind of cultural activities are young people used/encouraged to (free museums, etc.)?
  12. Say hello to our readers in your language
~~~~

[Replay via Private Message] [Replay via a safe @mail]

I wrote down all the questions!!

I write them here, if you are interested reply via private message.

~~QUESTIONS~~

1. Is there a division between different High Schools (tecnical, scientific...) in your country? No, there is no such differntiation, yet each state/province has its own board of examination and the central government has also its own board called CBSE. These boards carry out their own exams and have their own independent schedules.
  2. How many exams does a student have during his pre-university career? 12 exams, for 12 classes at School level.
  3. Is it possible for the students in your country to elect their representatives? Since which grade? Yes. In the private schools, it is as early as 6th standard and in government schools from 10th standard onwards.
  4. Can they ask for assemblies? Sure, India being a democratic country, most of the students do assemble every week, usually on Saturdays; but most of such assemblies have debate, General Knowledge quiz, dramas, singing and such competitions and are conducted in presence of teaching staff.
  5. Is there a religion class? If any, can students do an alternative class or religion is compulsory? India being a secular country(i.e. no religion is given any priority) and hence there are no such religion classes. However, missionary schools do conduct such classes, but only for the students who belong to that religion and their parents consent for the same.(In my school, Roman Catholic student had religion class, whereas others, including Protestant did not attend such classes).
  6. The classrooms are divided by class or sections*? Yes. There are tweleve classes and sections depending on the number of students(English medium class or Hindi or vernacular medium class. The number of students in private schools is around 35 to 45).
  7. Is there a good public school or the good ones are only private? There are good Public(government) schools but they cater to only meritorious students and have strict entry norms. Private schools are not always good but fees is 20 to 25 times than government schools. "Public Schools" in India means elite school, where the fees is runs in Lakhs of rupees.
  8. Do good students with economic problems have the possibility to get any kind of "help" to go to the university? Yes, they can avail of scholarships, which depends on merit.
  9. How soon can you leave school? Either by passing the exams, or giving valid reason like transfer of parents or any such valid reason; a transfer certificate is given.
  10. How do young people spend their free time? They watch TV, play sports, spend time on Internet, study computers and usual activities which the young people indulge in.
  11. What's your city like? What kind of cultural activities are young people used/encouraged to (free museums, etc.)? It is a big city and young people mostly are involved in coaching classes for competitive exams like Medical studies, engineering studies and learning commercial skills like MBA etc.
  12. Say hello to our readers in your language: Namaste.
~~~~

[Replay via Private Message] [Replay via a safe @mail]

Hi, mates!

I've made a new interesting thread, it's in the games section.

Thanks for you interest! :)

Hi, mates!

I've made a new interesting thread, it's in the games section.

Thanks for you interest! :)
Congratulations jomo27.
Give us the name of the game and also provide us the link.

Thank you SUD!

Just one thing: when you say you have sections do you mean that in one section a student has the same classmates for every lesson or what?
and when you say you can leave school by pasisg exams, do you mean a student has to do all of them before he can go working or other things like that?

Thank you SUD!

Just one thing: when you say you have sections do you mean that in one section a student has the same classmates for every lesson or what?
and when you say you can leave school by pasisg exams, do you mean a student has to do all of them before he can go working or other things like that?
True, in each section all the students sit together for all the lessons.
Thus upto 10th standard, all the classes are same. But, when in 11th a student chooses a subject of speciality, say Biology, Physics, Chemistry then he has a separate section, though he shares the Physics and Chmistry classes with a student choosing Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry(majors) but the classes for Mathematics and Biology are held separately, though at the same time to facilitate smooth running of affairs at School periods schedule.

One can leave school anytime, but what I meant by passing was, if you have passed all the exams(i.e, all the 12 classes in schooling) then you have to leave the school and join a college of any University; simple.

Well, what can I say?, thank you a lot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back