International Café

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh yes that's funny, talking in rhyme(s)!
I love it, really, is that a crime?
Let's do it again,
let's continue playing!

Oh yes that's funny, talking in rhyme(s)!
I love it, really, is that a crime?
Let's do it again,
let's continue playing!
For many days was I saying,
rhyming answers make nice playing.

o it's my turn and I dunno what to write,
by the way I have to change my printer's ink, brite -- ultra brite.
I'll ask my dad to exit and buy, maybe
for it's too hard to exit to me.
I gotta go, you know what'll say thee?
See you, after lunch (and Greek) maybe.

Happy Monday to all! Who is volunteering to bring the chips and dip to SUDH's New Year's Eve Bash?????

I wrote down all the questions!!

I write them here, if you are interested reply via private message.

~~QUESTIONS~~

1. Is there a division between different High Schools (tecnical, scientific...) in your country?
  2. How many exams does a student have during his pre-university career?
  3. Is it possible for the students in your country to elect their representatives? Since which grade?
  4. Can they ask for assemblies?
  5. Is there a religion class? If any, can students do an alternative class or religion is compulsory?
  6. The classrooms are divided by class or sections*?
  7. Is there a good public school or the good ones are only private?
  8. Do good students with economic problems have the possibility to get any kind of "help" to go to the university?
  9. How soon can you leave school?
  10. How do young people spend their free time?
  11. What's your city like? What kind of cultural activities are young people used/encouraged to (free museums, etc.)?
  12. Say hello to our readers in your language
~~~~

The answers are as follows. (Note that each answer is given to its question with the same number or in topology mathematical terms, my whole set of answers is homeomorphic onto Sim's set of questions if we just imagine of our sets as continuous ones, but in mathematics itself my set is bijective :)):

1- In Iran if you want to keep your study in the technical fields like mechanics, at high school level, you can either register in the common high schools without technical facilities or in some specified ones called The Technical and Professional Schools!

2- In the common schools, we got 15 exams during a full pre-university year!

3- In all grades one can be able to elect his representative freely! (But it looks more like a monkey business than a real representative's job!)

4- Yes they can though it depends on the situation! In this case, the principle is to confirm whether takes them up on their offer or not!

5- Religion classes, unfortunately, are mandatory in all high schools in Iran! They just include in islamic materials and in all grades from pre-school to pre-university are accompanied with such classes!

6- They are split up based on the field of study e.g. Mathematics (Physics and chemistry), Humanities and biology! (Art schools have their own schools)

7- Unfortunately none of them are good! But some of them being called 'governmentally elected schools' are kind of toleratable! (I got graduated from them). Private schools are so expensive in cost (1000 $ for a year) but cheap in quality!

8- In Iran's system of eduacation, the money would be important if you did not get a good score in a difficile exam called 'Entarce Exam' since in Iran the national universities just offer the mentioned exam to give admission to students and they are all free of charge! Some other type of universities with less quality exist which offer expensive tuition to their students, called Azad (~free)! Other universities sound like they are high schools!

9- It just depends on yourself!

10- They are just gathered in the streets and parks! They may be interested in reading books, so go to the libraries! Flirting with girls or playing games in Game-Nets are widely followed by young people!

11- Only archeological activities e.g. taking tours to the suburban areas or going to museums and historical places are pervasive though the young people don't like to get involved with such activities oftentimes!

12- Salam be hameh! (Farsi) Hammilikhjan Salam! (Tabriz-Turkish)

Thanks for asking!

P

Last edited:
Happy Monday to all! Who is volunteering to bring the chips and dip to SUDH's New Year's Eve Bash?????
A happy Tuesday to amigos and all, it is more than six hours into Tuesday and only 17 hours and few minutes left for Wednesday.

Amigos, you are supposed to bring the Arizonan delicacy for the occasion.:up:

Thanks for asking!

P

thank you for replying!

One thing: would you please re-reply to question n. 12 writing with your languages' alphabets?
(For I love seeing Farsi and luckily my PC does too)

TO EVERYBODY: I'm leaving today and I shall not be back before 2009. Bye.

BTW, feel free to answer at my interview while I'm away, maybe using private messages instead of posting it here.

¡Barcelona, estoy llegando!
Barcelona, I'm arriving!
Barcellona, sto arrivando!

They have announced a RED ALERT in Barcelona!

Dear Keralite, SUDH, Nory+hanky, Mad-ox, Raymott, RonBee, be real, shanz, Roseline, kazuki, jomo27, amigos4, Will and other members and moderators!

May 2009 brings you and your families all your favourite things

God bless you.

LF gayanah

Thanks for your greetings, guys, blessings for all.

Non-alcoholic beer for the celebrations!! :cool::up:

134.x420.nabeer1.jpg

Happy 2009 for everyone :-D:up:

Hi !!!!!

Happy new year everyone !!!!!!

I'll have a cooky for the celebration :lol::up:

Damn! Simosito is off on ANOTHER holiday adventure!!!! Doesn't the lad ever stay home??????

Hi Amigo !!!

Happy new year !!!!!!
how are you ?
BR, I am doing splendidly! How are things going in the Happy Hostel???? :)

What will you do for New Year's Eve celebration?

Things are crazy here .. Everyone is happy to see the results of the ILTS exam !!!!!
I passed all English levels so I didn't have to take the ILTS exam .. but I'm happy for my friends !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And .. please don't remind me :-( .. I'll have to study in the New year's evening because the final exams are too close and I have to be ready :cry:

How are you planning to spend the new year's evening ? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back