International Café

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is terrible....NOBODY is paying any attention to me.....:splat:

ATTENTION ALL CAFE MEMBERS!!! Has anyone seen Heidita today? She appears to be missing!!! ;-) Rumor has it that she may have gone looking for gorillas in the Amazon Woods!

Anonymous tips can be called in to 1-800-FIND-HEIDITA!

Cheers,
Amigo

TODAY'S ROUNDTABLE DISCUSSION QUESTION:

What random act of kindness have your performed today?

Cheers,
Amigo

Hi, Dally! Did you see message #272????
Which message Amigo?

You look like you need more than just a cup of coffee! How about a nice slice of blueberry pie with vanilla ice cream?
No! thank you I just want a cup of coffee nothing more than that.
I don't want to make you tired from my requists:lol::lol:

How was your day at school? Did you learn a new English word that you can share with us?
Every thing is good
I will have 2 exams in the next week
Sociolinguistics and poetry:-:)-(

Cheers,
Amigo
:up::up:

Dally, scroll up to message #272 in this thread. Did you find it? The number is located on the right side of the dark blue bar. The word (permalink) is beside the number.

I am confident you will do well in your sociolinguistics and poetry exams! Keep thinking positive thoughts and positive things will result! :)

Now, tell me, what random act of kindness did you perform today? What nice thing did you do to make someone else happy?

Cheers,
Amigo

Last edited:
Dally, scroll up to message #272 in this thread. Did you find it? The number is located on the right side of the dark blue bar. The word (permalink) is beside the number.

I am confident you will do well in your sociolinguistics and poetry exams! Keep thinking positive thoughts and positive things will result! :)
Thanx for your advice!:up:

Now, tell me, what random act of kindness did you perform today? What nice thing did you do to make someone else happy?

Cheers,
Amigo

According to your question!

Today my nephew came to me and asked me to open the candy for him because his mother didn't open it for him.

Then, he became very happy because of the candy.It was closed very well.

This is what happened today.

It is quite simple work I know :oops::oops:

According to your question!

Today my nephew came to me and asked me to open the candy for him because his mother didn't open it for him.

Then, he became very happy because of the candy.It was closed very well.

This is what happened today.

It is quite simple work I know :oops::oops:

Thanks for sharing, Dally! It is often the most simple acts of kindness that receive the greatest attention! You brought joy to your nephew! You should be proud of your random act of kindness....because I'm confident your nephew is proud of his aunt's thoughtfulness. :up:

Cheers,
Amigo

Thanks for sharing, Dally! It is often the most simple acts of kindness that receive the greatest attention! You brought joy to your nephew! You should be proud of your random act of kindness....because I'm confident your nephew is proud of his aunt's thoughtfulness. :up:

Cheers,
Amigo

Thanx Amigo!

You are soo nice.

Do you have nephews or nieces?

Thanx Amigo!

You are soo nice.

Do you have nephews or nieces?

Yes, Dally! I have lots of nieces and nephews!

When was the last time you thanked a teacher for helping you? :?::)

That was ages ago!!! I thanked my teacher in the year 1998!!

How many times have you (you means the members of this cafe) got up from your seat to give place to an old man/lady?

That was ages ago!!! I thanked my teacher in the year 1998!!

How many times have you (you means the members of this cafe) got up from your seat to give place to an old man/lady?

Why should I give my seat to someone. I have quite a few seats placed in front of my desk, I offer them those.:lol:

Why should I give my seat to someone. I have quite a few seats placed in front of my desk, I offer them those.:lol:

oh Nain,I can't believe you are so lazy.I might drop in today on my way to Shall and see if you are really so impolite:-D

so what act of kindness did you perform today?

oh Nain,I can't believe you are so lazy.I might drop in today on my way to Shall and see if you are really so impolite:-D

Bea, Nain is not just lazy. He is lazy, intorvert (atleast he claims to be an introvert!!), doesn't speak and is allergice to everthing in the world!! Added to that, he hates Hindi movies!!! Where do you find such a man? Only in Delhi and only one specimen and that's Nain!!!

My kindness today: I gave the entire load of office work to my colleague today because she was feeling bored!! Wasn't that good on my part?:-D

My kindness today: I gave the entire load of office work to my colleague today because she was feeling bored!! Wasn't that good on my part?:-D

extremely benevolent , if I say so. What a gem you are! :-D What do you actually do (I'm sorry I didn't quite get it when you mentioned it somewhere else):oops:

What do you actually do (I'm sorry I didn't quite get it when you mentioned it somewhere else):oops: :cry::cry::cry::cry: How could you???[/quote]

I work in an MNC bank. I am into Retail asset loans (mostly Home loans). Approvals and rejections, that kind of stuff. The market in India (drastically also affected by the market conditions of US) for Retail assets is miserably down now and so I spend most part of my day on this forum!!!

I will give you the in-depth details "you know where", if you want to know, that is.

Are there any bankers/banking industry staff here?

What do you actually do (I'm sorry I didn't quite get it when you mentioned it somewhere else):oops: :cry::cry::cry::cry: How could you???[/quote]

I work in an MNC bank. I am into Retail asset loans (mostly Home loans). Approvals and rejections, that kind of stuff. The market in India (drastically also affected by the market conditions of US) for Retail assets is miserably down now and so I spend most part of my day on this forum!!!

I will give you the in-depth details "you know where", if you want to know, that is.

Are there any bankers/banking industry staff here?
I went to my bank today...they told me to come back when I had some money in my account! :cool:

Is that Heidita's new hybrid car parked out front in the Employee of the Month parking space?

Today I fired one person from job.....could'nt cope up, so said goodbye ..... and, of course, I do it for their good.:lol:

Today I fired one person from job.....could'nt cope up, so said goodbye ..... and, of course, I do it for their good.:lol:

It's always for their good, Old Chap! I'm proud of you!

I don't like it when they do it. Ofcourse, people on the receiving end doesn't like it at all.

I don't like it when they do it. Ofcourse, people on the receiving end doesn't like it at all.

It all depends on how you dish it out. :)

I think your disease wouldn't relate to a cup of tea that you took it from this Cofé!!

Rumors say that a bunch of viruses just came in the Cofé and wanted to be developed by the cups that we are taking from here form time to time! I think you got one in your stomach!:shock:

Do you think rumors are true?:-D

Of corse not!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back