International Café

Status
Not open for further replies.
Simosito, I'm sorry that you are still not feeling well! What are the young women of Roma going to do while you are incapacitated??? ;-) They might actually get some serious studying done while you are away!

I bet your teachers really appreciate it when you are stressed! Telling them to 'shut the hell up' is a wonderful way to obtain the highest grade in your class! :lol: They, undoubtedly, eagerly await your return to the classroom!

Get well soon, my friend!

Cheers,
Amigo

Thanks Amigos!

Hi Amigos!

Thank you so much for your kind invitation! And thank you for the cappuccino too. I`ve read Proof`s remark but I don`t mind. He can have his tea at my table if he likes to. He`s my guest and yours as well.

Spring is in the air:-D. It`s beautiful! The weather is warm and everything around comes to life. How about Arizona?

Regards,

Teia

Hi Teia!

I just was jokking so that I'm so glad to see you in here, International Cofe, as made up for every lovely one like you to be entertained!

Hope tp have a good time with us!

Cheers,
P

Hi Tea!

How are you doing?

I just want to say hi because you are the only one who is in the cafe now:roll::roll:

Hi Teia!

I just was jokking so that I'm so glad to see you in here, International Cofe, as made up for every lovely one like you to be entertained!

Hope tp have a good time with us!

Cheers,
P

Hi Proof!

Let`s drink our coffee, or better said your tea and my cappuccino in our :-D International Cafe!
It`s good when we have friends, even if we haven`t ever met them.

Hi Tea!

How are you doing?

I just want to say hi because you are the only one who is in the cafe now:roll::roll:

Hi Dally!

Fine, thank you! How about you? What`s the weather like in your dreams:-D [ I mean location]?

Hi Dally!

Fine, thank you! How about you? What`s the weather like in your dreams:-D [ I mean location]?

In everyone's world of dreams the weather should be amazing

While in my real world or actually in my city the weather seems nice because I'm in my home now

What about your location Teia?

In everyone's world of dreams the weather should be amazing

While in my real world or actually in my city the weather seems nice because I'm in my home now

What about your location Teia?

Hi

I live in the south part of Romania, in a town called Craiova. The weather is generally mild and even hot [ too hot] in summer ; however, last winter was too cold and too long. Now, everything is ok: it`s sunny, warm and the spring has come again.:-D

Hi

I live in the south part of Romania, in a town called Craiova. The weather is generally mild and even hot [ too hot] in summer ; however, last winter was too cold and too long. Now, everything is ok: it`s sunny, warm and the spring has come again.:-D

Very nice information.
But what is your native language?Is it similar to English Language?

Hi Dally!

My native language is Romanian; it`s a little bit close to Italian. Romanian language is of Latin origin.

Some examples:

Italian : che fai? [How are you?]
Romanian : ce faci?

Italian: attenzione![ Pay attention/ Be careful / Listen to me !]

Romanian: atentie!

Italian :Come ti chiama?[ what`s your name?]
Romanian : Cum te cheama?

Now, I`m sure you are not European, otherwise you might have known something about Romanian:-D. Am I right?
Thank you for asking me about my language.

Some examples:

Now, I`m sure you are not European, otherwise you might have known something about Romanian:-D. Am I right?

Hi Teia!
I'm Italian and I'd just like to say that in Italian we say:
Che fai but it doesn't mean how are you

and that we say "Come ti chiami?"

Anyway:
Welcome!

Hi Dally!

My native language is Romanian; it`s a little bit close to Italian. Romanian language is of Latin origin.

Some examples:

Great Teia!

Let me ask you some questions in Romanian!
Cum te cheama?

Answer me in Romanian Language!

Great Teia!

Let me ask you some questions in Romanian!
Cum te cheama?

Answer me in Romanian Language!

:-D Nice!

Numele meu este Teia.
or
Ma cheama Teia

Ma=My

Cheama=Name

Is it true?

Partially true:-D

Romanian is rather difficult to learn : it`s something between French, Italian and Spanish or other South or Central American languages: there are too many inflections and flexions.
The advantage of speaking Romanian is that we can understand any conversation uttered in a language of Latin origin, especially Italian, Spanish, Mexican, etc.

Nume = name

cheama = called
Italian : Mi chiama Teia
Romanian: Ma cheama Teia

I am called Teia = They call me Teia

or even better and easier to learn: Eu sunt Teia = I am Teia

Last edited:
WOW amigos4

Hello hello. Hey man you are great. What a great thread. I'm a girl and I'm 22 years old. The weather is just hoter than hot. It's 45 here in my country. I speak belly dance language:loling:. Can I be the dancer of your Café?:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: I'd invite peneloppe to dance with me:loling:.
Hello Devil`s

My name is Leo, I`m from Venezuela, I`m 19 years old soon 20, I`m new in this forum, i would like to practice my english because it is not very good. See you.

Hello Devil`s

My name is Leo, I`m from Venezuela, I`m 19 years old soon 20, I`m new in this forum, i would like to practice my english because it is not very good. See you.

Leo!!!!!!!!!!! This is your first post in the forum!!!! Welcome! We are delighted to have you join our happy family! :)

Cheers,
Amigo

Eu sunt Teia = I am Teia Thanks for the free Romanian lesson, Teia! Eu sunt Amigo! :up:

Thanks Amigos! You are welcome, Simosito! Your illness has us all concerned!

:lol::lol:

So you speak Spanish.:shock:...hmmmm, I was flirting too with this guy, but , of course, I was still doing a good job with my swimming expertise. Heidita, if I promise to wear my floaties will you teach me how to swim???? :oops:

Come on, he was only after "the one thing", Spaniards are soooo ......... lovely.:oops: (mind you....don't tell my husband!!;-)) Tell me, Heidita, what was the one thing he was after??? Did he want your recipe for Paella?? ;-)

Hi Amigos!

Thank you so much for your kind invitation! And thank you for the cappuccino too. I`ve read Proof`s remark but I don`t mind. He can have his tea at my table if he likes to. He`s my guest and yours as well. Thanks, Teia! You have to be very careful when you sit next to Proof! He likes to arm wrestle the ladies! ;-)

Spring is in the air:-D. It`s beautiful! The weather is warm and everything around comes to life. How about Arizona? Teia, the temperature hit 90 F today and things will only get hotter from now until September! Our average daytime summer temperature in Tucson is 108 F. It is like living in a fireplace! :cool:

Regards,

Teia
Cheers,
Amigo

Heidita!!!!!!!!! Thank you for sharing the secret to multi-quoting! You are a terrific teacher!

Cheers,
Amigo

Heidita!!!!!!!!! Thank you for sharing the secret to multi-quoting! You are a terrific teacher!

Cheers,
Amigo

How about spreading the knowledge then please. I too am not very tech-savvy.

Hi, Nain! How come you are working today? Didn't you take the optional holiday?

I'm happy that you are with us! :)

Cheers,
Amigo

How about spreading the knowledge then please. I too am not very tech-savvy.

Nain, multi-quoting is easy once you try it a few times. I will send you the directions.

Cheers,
Amigo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back