International Café

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you wil, for sharing your "swiss chocolate"! Nain would also like to have some(he looks even older in his new Avatar, poor Mexican!)

You're welcome! man, I've been laughing my head off with that Mexican thing, poor old Nain! :-D:-D:-D

Yes, that's me, I don't look like the typical costa rican dude, my father is from Peru, so, my roots are there.

Casado_con_pollo_en_salsa.jpg

Alright, here it is a typical dish served in my little country, it is called "casado" (I never knew why :lol:) if you translate it to english, literally, it will be like "married" and the term makes no sense at all. Sud would hate it, because it's not vegetarian, anyway, we can see chicken, fries, rice and salad in the picture but there are many combinations, there could be beans, steak, fish, maccaroni, etc, this is "Casado with chicken and sauce". Enjoy :cool::up:

PD: When the chef is back, there are a couple of new recipes he will have to learn! :-D:up:

It's amazing but the video quality is not that good so it's interrupt the music and sound thought i heard some good music , really guys your playing is good but you need a professional to record these good piece of art

It's weird thought i don't understand the song but O enjoyed ur playing

True, some guy recorded it with a little video camera, yet the result is not as poor as I expected. We have a few recordings, we uploaded them in our site MySpace.com - Vertice - CR - Alternative / Pop / Latin - www.myspace.com/grupovertice They're not pro and we made them in a hurry, our budget was a little short, anyway, the quality is decent enough and you will be able to listen to our work, I'm glad you liked it!

yes this is what I'm talking about

This page is amazing now i can listen with a fabulous quality :up:

i loved Dia gris and sentido the most ;-)
thought i don't know what you guys saying or what language are singing in

but the voice and the music was amazing

especially in senido the combination between the voice and music is great one :up:

I'm the glad one to hear such good work bro :-D

Thank you very much, it's a shame you didn't like "Linda Latina" (I wrote that one!) and it's funny, because we all hate "Sentido" :-D. Those songs are written in spanish, which is our native language. I'm glad you like them ;-):up:

loooooooooooool

no it's not bad or i didn't like it

but i don't know why these two are the one who attract me

maybe if i know spanish and the lyric i would love it but in my case the music is the thing which attract me the most

and yes it's really funny how all of you hate the one that i loved the most :-D looooooooooooooooool

i thought it's Spanish i don't know why thought spanish people to me talk so fast but here it's not that fast

"Sentido" (Sense) is a corny love song; "Día Gris" (grey day) has dark lyrics, it is about some old man who decides to run away from his reality or something like that, and "Linda Latina" (pretty latin girl) is a dark love song, with this latino air, it is about a guy who loves his girl and she doesn't feel the same way for him.

Last edited:
Sentido" (Sense) is a corny love song;

Oh My God , I adore this kind of songs that's why i like it you see ;-)

"Día Gris" (grey day) has dark lyrics, it is about some old man who decides to run away from his reality or something like that,

Woooooooooow

good kind of lyric it's new for me but it's awesome i liked the idea so much

i think it's a real touching one with a fantastic expressions :up:

and "Linda Latina" (pretty latin girl) is a a dark love song, with this latino air, it is about a guy who loves his girl and she doesn't feel the same way for him.

Oh too bad I sympathies with him

but it's good one << To me the best lyric and songs are the sad one and these which speaks about sad experiences because it comes from the heart and express a deep hurt

it's only an opinion :oops:

Sim , What a busy man you are !!:cool:

mmmm..:roll: What ia Aikido ?

Good luck dear Sim:up:
and don't forget to bring us some grapes in the Cafe;-)

bye,
be real

It's a Japanese martial art based on moves ninja used to do with the sword. When ninja swords were banned O Sensei (The big teacher, if I remember well) created this martial art.

20060921164154-aikido.jpg

Hello, everyone, this is Aikido. I'm not a fan of martial arts, but anyway, check the picture, the guy who is upside down must be thinking "gee, I'll kill the guy who recommended me this thing, next time, I'll take cha cha cha lessons! :lol:"

Obviously not all the Aikido students go upside down.
The two guys in the photo are black belt one. They're wearing an Akama (that kind of skirt/trousers).

I won't do the photos myself... Sorry.
I have to do this newspaper thing at 5 pm (sigh, I'll miss my tea) and the Aikido demonstration is at... 5pm.
My father is going to do the photos. I'll borrow him my camera. I hate to borrow it, but Ipse Tassit is too important. (and I'm one of the editors in chief)...

Sim :

wooow u can speak old Greek I really want to learn it because, due to my study, we studied a lot of old Greek and Latin books thought we studied them translated in English; but I want to learn these two languages to read the original texts not the translated

but it seems you have lots of works and exams good luck bro :up:

[...]

- Why do you have a cottage?

I guess it belongs to your grand parents long time ago and you like to go harvesting in this grape seasons and enjoy working and making wines from grape and these thin :roll: am I right?

and since you're always the photographer may i see some of ur photos and i'll show you ,because i like to be the photographer always but my pics are not that good :-?

Ancient Greek and Latin are quite difficult.

Latin is easy to me because I'm Italian and it is really similar to Latin.

Anyway take a look at this to enter in the magical world of Latin.
Greek can be way harder.

Latin syntax (the way they used to "build" sentences) can be really difficult (see Cicero, Seneca the Old, C. Rufus...).

Greek syntax is really easier but its grammar is very complex.
(there are 4 types of past tenses, 6 modes (indicative, subjunctive, optative, imperative, infinitive, participle) and the tenses have different forms without any normal rule

(Latin has 4 conjugation, ancient Greek 2 but really difficult).

One of the Greek pasts called Aorist is used to talk about past in the Indicative mode, but -- if not Indicative -- it doesn't mean a past action...

I suggest you to start with Latin and then, if you feel comfortable with its grammar look (or ask me) for a Ancient Greek online course.
(By the way: modern Greek is easier)

The cottage was build by my grandfather and my father.
My nonno decided to buy a small piece of land in the country he used to live in during WWII. We have done the harvest since I can remember, and we continue know that he's dead.

I like it, even if I have to take the photos...

I'd really like to show you some photos but they're quite heavy (some Mb) if you contact me with a private message I can arrange a way to show you them...

Last edited:
Sim, you are very studious, hardworking and intelligent, not to mention that you are helpful too in the forums.
Keep up the good work in the forums. Way to go.

Hello guys :-D

how are you all Today , hope ur fine :up:

Wil , I didn't saw any guy wearing a black Jeans all of them wearing blue :-? <<< I guess i should wear a glasses

Sam it's ok thought I were excited to see the photos about this sport but it's fine you can work on your news paper your a very busy man really

I fell the same way when someone want to borrow my camera :-D I refused all the time

Ancient Greek and Latin are quite difficult.

Yes they look like

Latin is easy to me because I'm Italian and it is really similar to Latin.

That's amazing :up:

If you learn it Greek will be easy for you

Anyway take a look at this to enter in the magical world of Latin.

thanks a lot bro , I visited it and I enjoyed a lot I saved it in the favourite so i can be able to take a look at it every once in a while , I read some words and the beginning it's amazing how it's similar to English :roll: , thanks a lot because I really need it it will help me too in my study because in the next semester i'm going to study a subject about every english word with it's source So, i can take ths web as a refrence at the same time ;-)

Greek can be way harder.

Stupid me i thought they are the same in difficulty :-?

Latin syntax (the way they used to "build" sentences) can be really difficult (see Cicero, Seneca the Old, C. Rufus...).

Greek syntax is really easier but its grammar is very complex.
(there are 4 types of past tenses, 6 modes (indicative, subjunctive, optative, imperative, infinitive, participle) and the tenses have different forms without any normal rule

(Latin has 4 conjugation, ancient Greek 2 but really difficult).

One of the Greek pasts called Aorist is used to talk about past in the Indicative mode, but -- if not Indicative -- it doesn't mean a past action...

I suggest you to start with Latin and then, if you feel comfortable with its grammar look (or ask me) for a Ancient Greek online course.
(By the way: modern Greek is easier)

oh it looks really hard I will never be able to form such sentence

thanks a lot for these information about the two languages and as you suggest I will start with the Latin then when I get it a lil I may start to learn Greek maybe two years :-D later and thanks for your offer I myself will be pleased if i can one day
The cottage was build by my grandfather and my father.

It's close to what I thought :) without your father
My nonno decided to buy a small piece of land in the country he used to live in during WWII. We have done the harvest since I can remember, and we continue know that he's dead.

Wow it sounds like a family work together every year to harvest I loved the idea

I like it, even if I have to take the photos...

I'd really like to show you some photos but they're quite heavy (some Mb) if you contact me with a private message I can arrange a way to show you them...

It's ok bro if it will cause you difficualty

thought I'd be glad to see it but it's ok

here is a way i do it to make the pics not that heavy I open them in photoshop and change the size of the real pic from 1000 and more width & Height then the picture will not be heavy I always change it to be more easier to upload it in webs and share it with people , you can ask me I'll be glad to help you , and ok i'll contact you in private msgs to see them ^^

thanks

Hello, Michelle, nice post, and no, I was wearing a black jacket and ripped looking jeans! :-D

Hello friends
How are you ?
Can I also be a part of your discussions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back