International Café

Status
Not open for further replies.
2 questions:
1) Is that a 1000 banknote?
2) Why the serial number uses the "Occidental" version of Arab numbers?

To answer your second question I have to say that

1- All the systems which check the banknotes to make people sure that they aren't fake are based on English language and so, for instance, in Iran one side of every banknote is written in Farsi and the unlike side is in English!

2- For all the nations speaking with non-English languages it is neccessary to provide this possiblity that foreign tourists can utilize paper money when it comes in handy by doing as expressed above!

Nice Question, Sim!:up:

P

Hello all

Happy eid For every1 ;-):up:

Eid Mobark

Congratz be real for the 1000 replys :up:

Congratz Iza for the 500 replys ^^

Amigo ur right I can't believe that 2009 is so close :-?

SUDHKAMP I'm a vegetarian too :cool: thought my whole family are not , but I'm a vegetarian just because I detest the animals I can't eat them nor touch them I don't know why I was eating it when I was young but before 4 years I just quite & I don't think ever I can eat them ever , It's weird when people told me whats wrong with you are you a person who like the planet and defense Animals right :-D I said No of course not but I just hate it and the taste anyway we don't have alot of vegetarian food right here they are all interested in meat and rice but there are few big supermarket I bought stuff there and Macdonalds have the vegetarian meal :), Fudruckers , creep away & the I talian resturant have some veggie dishes like veggie pasta and pizza :cool: also there is Arabian food such Falafal and Hommas , So , I survived without meat thins ;-) but I always heard that Indian people have a lot's of vegetarian food like the one you have mentiond could u tell me more :) I'll be glad

Yes spaking of Eid :-D

Yesterday was AMAZING , we were awake the whole day it was So tired :-? from early morning we dressed up and went to pray the Eid , then we went 2 my grandma house , the whole Family gathered we played, eat, took our Eidyah that money thin which Be real describe ;-) , of course we didn't forget the Amazing firework and at evening we went 2 the Four seasones resturant with the Family

Hello all

Eid Mobark

Congratz be real for the 1000 replys :up:

Congratz Iza for the 500 replys ^^

Amigo ur right I can't believe that 2009 is so close :-?

SUDHKAMP I'm a vegetarian too :cool: thought my whole family are not , but I'm a vegetarian just because I detest the animals I can't eat them nor touch them I don't know why I was eating it when I was young but before 4 years I just quite & I don't think ever I can eat them ever , It's weird when people told me whats wrong with you are you a person who like the planet and defense Animals right :-D I said No of course not but I just hate it and the taste anyway we don't have alot of vegetarian food right here they are all interested in meat and rice but there are few big supermarket I bought stuff there and Macdonalds have the vegetarian meal :), Fudruckers , creep away & the I talian resturant have some veggie dishes like veggie pasta and pizza :cool: also there is Arabian food such Falafal and Hommas , So , I survived without meat thins ;-) but I always heard that Indian people have a lot's of vegetarian food like the one you have mentiond could u tell me more :) I'll be glad

Yesterday was AMAZING , we were awake the whole day it was So tired :-? from early morning we dressed up and went to pray the Eid , then we went 2 my grandma house , the whole Family gathered we played, eat, took our Eidyah that money thin which Be real describe ;-) , of course we didn't forget the Amazing firework and at evening we went 2 the Four seasones resturant with the Family

michelle
Eid Mobarak!!!!
it seems like you hade an AMAZING day yesterday !!!!:-D
I did mostly the same you did yesterday..All the family gathered in our house( coz it's the grandmother house;-)) then after eating and greeting we all went to visit our other relatives and friends .. hhh.. I can't forget watching my neices and nephews counting their Eideiah very 5 minutes:lol:
what made this Eid exeptional for me that I've meet my teacher who tought me in grade one !!!!!:-D she was shoucked saying :" You've changed so much!!!" and I was thiking :"ofcourse I did .. I don't want to stay short !!:lol:" hhh

Hello all

Eid Mobark

Yesterday was AMAZING
Michelle88, I am very pleased to know that you are a vegetarian and are really concerned about the animals and their lives. Humanity does not teach us to kill. The motto of live and let live is unique. Will you kill your brothers, sisters or friends so that you can eat them. Animals are also our friends and they also have a right to live on this earth, only thing they cannot speak. But it is just great that you have decided to becom a vegetarian.
I would be posting more Vegetarian dishes in the forums in future as per your wish.

Eid Moobarak

Dear Sim, please bring the Italian version of coffee for all of us(and also give the recipe).

Hi every one, hope you are okey.

Actually, I`m still new at this sight and for English as language, so I hope I can chat with and get a lot of friends and getting some help with correcting my structure.

Beside exchanging knowledge by chatting.

Hope to know you more guys.:)

Can I have an Italian coffee here please ?

If I can make you one ,surely.

but what makes it special?
menupop.gif

Can I have an Italian coffee here please ?
caffe.jpg

Italian coffee, dear Prof Mero and dear friends of mine is different because we do it in a really peculiar way.

American coffee and Greek/Turkish Coffee is made pouring hot water on pulverized and toasted coffee beans with (U.S.) or without a tea-like filter.

To do Italian coffee we use a "caffettiera" or moka.
It is a kind of boiler made of 3 pieces. In the bottom we "store" some water, then we put a filter shaped like a funnel with some toasted and poulverized coffee then there's another piece that will contain the coffee itself.
When the water boils it goes up the "filtro" [filter] and touches the coffee. Then it goes into the upper piece, where it is "stored" till we pour the coffee into a "tazzina".

If you want to try Italian Coffee (espresso) or a Cappuccino and you live in the UK you may look for a "Costa" bar. Their espresso is really good.
Maybe you can find them in a McCaffé (=McDonald's) too.

.Bye.

Last edited:
Thanks Sim I need another one with double chocolate ...hh

I don't want to make it by myself I prefer your way .. hhh

Wo0o0oW
caffe.jpg

Thanks Sim I need another one with double chocolate ...hh

I don't want to make it by myself I prefer your way .. hhh

Wo0o0oW

Sorry I don't know how to make coffee+chocolate...

Sorry I don't know how to make coffee+chocolate...

Oh , just add some chocolate powder to it;-):lol:

Italian is great Sim .:up:
I'm learning the Alphabets, Numbers and days of week in Italian so far
still a beginner:oops:

bye,
be real:cool:

caffe.jpg

Italian coffee, dear Prof Mero and dear friends of mine is different because we do it in a really peculiar way.

American coffee and Greek/Turkish Coffee is made pouring hot water on pulverized and toasted coffee beans with (U.S.) or without a tea-like filter.

To do Italian coffee we use a "caffettiera" or moka.
It is a kind of boiler made of 3 pieces. In the bottom we "store" some water, then we put a filter shaped like a funnel with some toasted and poulverized coffee then there's another piece that will contain the coffee itself.
When the water boils it goes up the "filtro" [filter] and touches the coffee. Then it goes into the upper piece, where it is "stored" till we pour the coffee into a "tazzina".

If you want to try Italian Coffee (espresso) or a Cappuccino and you live in the UK you may look for a "Costa" bar. Their espresso is really good.
Maybe you can find them in a McCaffé (=McDonald's) too.

Bye.

Wow, really thanks a lot for the interpretation , seems so delicious.

Do espresso has the same taste?? oh really I`m getting so exited to taste it.

Thanks a lot a gain, but coz I don`t know how to make it Ill invite you to taste " Arabian coffee" its tasty .

Wow, really thanks a lot for the interpretation , seems so delicious.

Do espresso has the same taste?? oh really I`m getting so exited to taste it.

Thanks a lot a gain, but coz I don`t know how to make it Ill invite you to taste " Arabian coffee" its tasty .
Prof Mero, welcome to the International Cafe, a place where you can have Cappuccino alongwith friendly chat with regulars like Proof.beh, Simosito, be real, Wil_ibanez, beascarpetta, Nain, Shalstudent, Dr. Azami asli etc. The owner of the cafe is amigos4 and I am the humble waiter of the cafe(unpaid for last many months and no one gives me tip).
Keep visiting the place and have fun.

Your L.F.

SUDHKAMP

Oh , just add some chocolate powder to it;-):lol:

Italian is great Sim .:up:
I'm learning the Alphabets, Numbers and days of week in Italian so far
still a beginner:oops:

bye,
be real:cool:

Wow, seems great idea.

Do you know I`ve tried to do that and I found the site where I can learn how to pronounciate also.

But unfortunately, I don't rehearse anymore coz I`m English major student, therefore,I have to concern more on it.

Prof Mero, welcome to the International Cafe, a place where you can have Cappuccino alongwith friendly chat with regulars like Proof.beh, Simosito, be real, Wil_ibanez, beascarpetta, Nain, Shalstudent, Dr. Azami asli etc. The owner of the cafe is amigos4 and I am the humble waiter of the cafe(unpaid for last many months and no one gives me tip).

Your L.F.

SUDHKAMP

Proof, Sim and Be Real should give you tip, they are frequent clients of the Cafe! (I have my whiskey shots in the bar around the corner!) :lol::up:

Your L.F.

SUDHKAMP

Thanks a lot hope I can be your little sister.

I hope also to correct me whenever I make a mistakes..

coz I need that its my major and my dream to be professor at Englishby God welling.

I`m prof at cook actually. hope to achieve something real :)

Don`t care for the tip coz they are our friends and i`ll be your assistance :)

Sorry, I forgot to ask..

what do you mean by

Your L.F.

sorry if I bothered you :oops:

Sorry, I forgot to ask..

what do you mean by

Your L.F.

sorry if I bothered you :oops:

Hey Prof!

Welcome to the IC and I hope to catch you around frequently!

'Your L.F.' means Your little Friend that sudh is used to sign under his notes! :-D

P

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back