International Café

Status
Not open for further replies.
¡GOOD JOB P!

After another school meeting I've printed a test version of our school newspaper (well, I got it printed).Congratulatons !!!

We'll pay 280€ for 700 copies of a 12 pages (6 sheets printed on both faces) newspaper. (409$, but here it isn't very much. A teen get 5€, 7.5$, or more per week)

That's great.. well done !! ..

This night is " lalet al Qadr " which is the night when the Holy Quran was brought to prophet Mohamed..Most of Muslims will be praying right now

I'm asking God in this holy night to bring peace to this world and to help us in helping poor and homless people and to make us strong enough to keep praying..

I wish you all the best in this night
Be real

Thank you verey much for the kind thoughts, Be Real! I wish you peace and happiness in the coming months!

Cheers,
Amigo

This night is " lalet al Qadr " which is the night when the Holy Quran was brought to prophet Mohamed..Most of Muslims will be praying right now

I'm asking God in this holy night to bring peace to this world and to help us in helping poor and homless people and to make us strong enough to keep praying..

Be real
Your feelings and intentions are most noble be real. Let your ideas come out true.
Amen.

Hello, Niloo, welcome to the forums, the cook is busy and Sud is sleeping, so, I'll do the honors if they don't mind. :cool:
You can visit International Cafe anytime you want and post anything you have in mind, we'll be glad to read you. You may also have a coffee, tea, swiss chocolate (no...swiss chocolate is all mine :oops::up:), milk, cappuccino, or some chef's original delicacy (yummi, yummi) while you're sharing a word with the regulars, Amigo (Chef in chief, owner of the Cafe, don't forget the tip!), Sud, Heidita, Bea, Proof (the detective), Sara, Miss Solero, Nain, Shal, Be Real, well, everybody.
I hope you enjoy the friendly (and poetic) atmosphere!!
See you in the threads

Thank you wil
well i guss i'll have a black coffee and swiss... , mm oh no, it's ok i'll let u have all of them cus as always i'm on a diet , so black coffe would be good ;-)
and about the tip:shock: .
anyway it's my pleasure to meet you .(its to difficalt to type you not u :) )

Thank you wil
well i guss i'll have a black coffee and swiss... , mm oh no, it's ok i'll let u have all of them cus as always i'm on a diet , so black coffe would be good ;-)
and about the tip:shock: .
anyway it's my pleasure to meet you .(its to difficalt to type you not u :) )
Welcome rama_g, but during Ramzan we don't serve anything to fasting people. Please come in the evening for the Iftaar party organized by the Cafe. And then you can have anything you want.

Your L.F.

SUDHKAMP

Hey my compatriot!

You should be talking to us in your own terms here in International Cofe! This is a free place to have fun after a hard work day! Our chef Amigo comes in handy when you want to have a cup of tea or cappuccino! Sudh has got many other choices to recommend you, like Indian peppry drinks! I'm detective P and I wish to welcome your entrance to the forum and hope to see you around frequently! ;-)

Other people like 1) Shal, 2) Sim, 3) Wil, 4) Be Real, 5) 1 and 2 are correct, 6) 2 and 3 are correct! 7) none of them! :lol:

I'm an hold hand at monitoring things from far away hard-to-reach places!

catch y'all later!

Many thanks,
P

thank you p,
I think i have to say congratulation for your mark, by theway what is this 2000 mark?:oops:
how is tabriz? I know an Ali from Tabriz , he was in our tour for singapore 2 years ago. are you that Ali?
best wishes
niloo

Welcome rama_g, but during Ramzan we don't serve anything to fasting people. Please come in the evening for the Iftaar party organized by the Cafe. And then you can have anything you want.

Your L.F.

SUDHKAMP

hi SUDH,
Ok,
I'll have my coffee at home ,then :-(

Our favorite Italian student is famous! Pubblicato da Simosito il 20 Settembre 2008 :up::up:

Keep up the great effort, Sim! ;-)

I wrote the post myself, but it is signed "Il Collettivo" (The Students Assembly).

Here's a translation:

Studentitasso.org was born one year ago, approved by the class presidents on a not very known meeting on May.
The original idea was to create an on-line space where publish a digital version of our school newspaper "168" — that some of you may remember.*
Later we have decided to make a printed version of the newspaper, not a digital one.
Nevertheless** the website (stored on a payed host, whose only owner are we) may be helpful for a lot of things.
It is a free space, not limited by strict rules like the ones free hosters want their customers to respect, it'll be a place to publish informations, proposals, discussions, pictures and essays.
It is our intention to administrate Studentitasso.org as democratically as possible.
Do not hesitate, then, to send via e-mail (look at the bottom) your proposals, whatever they are: things to make the website better or just a boycott to pizzetta***; we shall analyse every e-mail and reply as fast as we can.
As I hope you have understood this e-space was born for a user-made growth; if you think it's empty, just think how to improve it and send us your ideas.

The Students Assembly (Collettivo)

* The paper version of 168 [my school house number] was closed three years ago, when I wasn't a student of Liceo Tasso.

** I always wanted to use this word

*** he's a men who sells pizza at school. pizzetta is a little pizza.

I know it is written in a difficult English, but the Italian version was even more difficult.

Congrats Sim ;-)

Keep it up bro ^^

I visited the website but couldn't understand anything :-? Italian is an amazing language I'm going to learn it after English & french ^^

that's why I've translated it. I hope you can understand it now. (It's the italic styled things up there.

anyway what are you studying ..! :roll: and why are you printing this test ? and whom give you 7 euros per week :-? , I'm a lil bit confusing Sorry :oops:

Tell me If I'm wrong you printed but I don't know why :) but your parents give you 7 euros per week :cool:

I got a test-version of the school newspaper I'm working on printed by a typographer.

Here in Italy kids usually get 5 or more Euros per week, we call it "paghetta". We use it to pay cellphone calls, cigarettes, alcohol...

[That's pretty sad, kids from 13 years usually smoke, drink beer and some did even have sex once!]

Bye,
Sim

Here in Italy kids usually get 5 or more Euros per week, we call it "paghetta". We use it to pay cellphone calls, cigarettes, alcohol...

[That's pretty sad, kids from 13 years usually smoke, drink beer and some did even have sex once!] :shock: that's a quite sad :cry:

Bye,
Sim

Hi every one, :-D

I want my coffe to be ready by the evening after breakfast"eftar";-)

Hi every one, :-D

I want my coffe to be ready by the evening after breakfast"eftar";-)

caffe.jpg

Here you are an Italian Caffé.

Thannnnnnnnnx a lot Sim now I understand it , This web idea is amazing how school mates and class president established it I like this idea so much I guess I'm going to do it ^^

man your amazing ;-)

i like the idea So much , Good work

by the way your a good translator bro :cool::up:

[That's pretty sad, kids from 13 years usually smoke, drink beer and some did even have sex once!]

It's So sad Really , I don't know why kids do it to pretend that they are old & such stuff , kids like these are everywhere in the world :-( So bad

why won't they live their lives and their ages it's good they will long for it years later :-?

Be real

Although it seems I'm so late to write about your note, but I could not convince myself not to put in a good word with you as I found your note so impressive and being able to be adored a lot! Your heart is so bright and sincere! ;-)

I hope God will grant everything they want to have someday soon if they really deserve!

Many thanks,
P

thank you p,
I think i have to say congratulation for your mark, by theway what is this 2000 mark?:oops:
how is tabriz? I know an Ali from Tabriz , he was in our tour for singapore 2 years ago. are you that Ali?
best wishes
niloo

Hey Niloo!

I'm not that Ali, but actually I'm so honored by your passion if you'd like me to be that Ali! :-D;-)

It is getting cold in my land of the World and I'm about to add some warm clothes to my underclothing 'cause Tabriz weather, as you know, is really unpredictable! Let me give you an example. We were guests in my uncle hearth today and everything seemed to be okay, but abruptly the weather broke down every equation of our plan! Because we were about to take a little jog! However thunder and storm got us using our energy inside home! :-(

Thank you for you kindness!

P

Last edited:
I wrote the post myself, but it is signed "Il Collettivo" (The Students Assembly).

Here's a translation:

Studentitasso.org was born one year ago, approved by the class presidents on a not very known meeting on May.
The original idea was to create an on-line space where publish a digital version of our school newspaper "168" — that some of you may remember.*
Later we have decided to make a printed version of the newspaper, not a digital one.
Nevertheless** the website (stored on a payed host, whose only owner are we) may be helpful for a lot of things.
It is a free space, not limited by strict rules like the ones free hosters want their customers to respect, it'll be a place to publish informations, proposals, discussions, pictures and essays.
It is our intention to administrate Studentitasso.org as democratically as possible.
Do not hesitate, then, to send via e-mail (look at the bottom) your proposals, whatever they are: things to make the website better or just a boycott to pizzetta***; we shall analyse every e-mail and reply as fast as we can.
As I hope you have understood this e-space was born for a user-made growth; if you think it's empty, just think how to improve it and send us your ideas.

The Students Assembly (Collettivo)

* The paper version of 168 [my school house number] was closed three years ago, when I wasn't a student of Liceo Tasso.

** I always wanted to use this word

*** he's a men who sells pizza at school. pizzetta is a little pizza.

I know it is written in a difficult English, but the Italian version was even more difficult.

Bye,
Sim

It is an honor that God put this little intelligent lad ahead of my way! Thank God! :up:

P

Anyway, I pressed many times the 'Thanks' button tonight that says:

I'm at your service! (To all the members of UsingEnglish.com!)

P

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back