International Café

Status
Not open for further replies.
[I own a zoo in my house in Tabriz! It includes too many animals from butterflies to camels (I left one of them for good since he got married)!!!! :lol:

Many thanks,
P[/quote]
Hello to everybody - I just came here for another cup of cappucino !!!:)
Hey , Proof I want a camel , too...:-( Just thought can you give one :lol::lol:
And it`s easy to send it to me because Tabriz isn`t far from our city-
If you`ll just look up to map you`ll see...And thanks to your relatives for
loving our music styles and TV !
Have you been in Ardabil , by the way ???

Have you got a rear view mirror in your vehicle?

Ok, a milk shake will do!! :-D:up:
"Hey, P! Go shake the cow! Wil wants a milk shake!" :up:

Do you want fries with that order, Wil? ;-)

Not now! I was starving, I had to go buy something to eat! I've been waiting for my order for ages!.

Not now! I was starving, I had to go buy something to eat! I've been waiting for my order for ages!.
Of course you have been waiting a long time, Wil! Everyone knows that the best beef has to be 'aged'! We're just waiting for the cow to be prime! :up: In the meantime, enjoy some of Isabella's Swiss chocolate and Sim's Italian vino! ;-)

Time out, congrats to my very special friend, Heidi for her 1000 posts!!!

Last edited:
Come on! it'll be the new forum's delicacy.

Ok, for the upcoming forum Olympics, the events will be: Camel Swimming, Beer-drinking and Arse-kicking...and Twister, I almost forget. There are some rules to be set:
1. For the beer-drinking event, there will be different categories, so, men and camels can't compete together in the same event. The camels have advantage with those humps, so, it's not fair play.
2. For the arse-kicking event, remember Heidi will be there, so, no one should be surprised if after that event, we won't able to sit down for a week.
3. For the Twister event, if you want to challenge the camel...beware the spitting.
4. For the camel swimming event, if you don't have a camel, a dromedary or a llama are allowed. If you have only a rubber duckie...it's allowed too.

By the way, no medals for the winners, only free beers at Amigo's bar :-D:up:

You forgot: sniper shooting!!!:snipersm:

"Hey, P! Go shake the cow! Wil wants a milk shake!" :up:

Do you want fries with that order, Wil? ;-)

Every time I want to try to shake the cow, she gets angery! Thus, sorry about a milk shake. You would try another drink! :lol: How about a camel bang? I've heard that if you go for a camel and bang on her hump, you'll get something like a 'camel drink'. Does it satisfy you?

Just read the newest news from Physics World! This is happening on Wednesday ahead!

Thanks to a legion of science fiction stories, black holes are easily among the most terrifying objects in the universe. It is easy to understand why: these mysterious collapsed stars suck in and destroy everything around them. Get too close and nothing in the universe could save you from their clutches.
Fortunately, real black holes only exist in the depths of space, too far from the Earth to be of much concern. But an American physicist has put forward the idea that an experiment here on Earth regularly creates objects that bear a striking resemblance to real black holes, albeit tiny ones.
Horatiu Nastase of Brown University in Providence, Rhode Island, thinks that the intense fireballs created in an atom-smashing experiment at the Brookhaven National Laboratory in New York have remarkable similarities to the celestial phenomena.
But, worry not, the fireballs are nothing dangerous - they last for a mere 100,000 billion billionths of a second and do not seem to have much impact on the matter around them.
A real black hole is made from a massive star that has collapsed on itself - the gravitational force it exerts on the space around it means that matter is drawn towards it.
Prof Nastase's work is purely theoretical. But even if it proved to be completely correct, the amount of matter involved in typical particle accelerator experiments is so small that any gravitational effects of the mini "black hole" would be inconsequential.
"A black hole that can do interesting or scary things has to be quite large," said Andrew Jaffe, a cosmologist at Imperial College.
The Relativistic Heavy Ion Collider at Brookhaven throws the nuclei of large atoms, such as gold, together at close to the speed of light. The ensuing collision creates enough heat to produce a plasma 300 million times hotter than the surface of the sun.
For the briefest of moments, the nuclei break down into their constituent bits - particles called quarks and gluons - a state of matter that has not existed since a microsecond after the big bang that began the universe.
Analysing this process usually involves some horribly complicated quantum physics. But Prof Nastase decided instead to try a different tack and use string theory.
This bizarre idea is the prime candidate to solve the biggest problem in theoretical physics: how to describe the fundamental forces of nature in a single, coherent theory.
He showed that the core of the fireball had some of the characteristics of a black hole - 10 times more particles were being absorbed by the fireball than any quantum physics calculations could predict.
He said the particles were disappearing into the fireball before coming back out again as thermal radiation, rather as real black holes suck in matter from around them and re-emit "Hawking" radiation.
The problem for string theorists has always been that their work does not have experimental data to back it up, so many physicists are sceptical. But Prof Nastase's idea could begin to turn the tide.
Whatever happens, modern physics cannot create any damaging black holes here on Earth. "A few particles that you can push together in an accelerator ain't going to hurt anybody," Dr Jaffe said.

My science says that I'm just required to have opponents' back!

Cheers,
P

Just read the newest news from Physics World! This is happening on Wednesday ahead!

Thanks to a legion of science fiction stories, black holes are easily among the most terrifying objects in the universe. It is easy to understand why: these mysterious collapsed stars suck in and destroy everything around them. Get too close and nothing in the universe could save you from their clutches.
Fortunately, real black holes only exist in the depths of space, too far from the Earth to be of much concern. But an American physicist has put forward the idea that an experiment here on Earth regularly creates objects that bear a striking resemblance to real black holes, albeit tiny ones.
Horatiu Nastase of Brown University in Providence, Rhode Island, thinks that the intense fireballs created in an atom-smashing experiment at the Brookhaven National Laboratory in New York have remarkable similarities to the celestial phenomena.
But, worry not, the fireballs are nothing dangerous - they last for a mere 100,000 billion billionths of a second and do not seem to have much impact on the matter around them.
A real black hole is made from a massive star that has collapsed on itself - the gravitational force it exerts on the space around it means that matter is drawn towards it.
Prof Nastase's work is purely theoretical. But even if it proved to be completely correct, the amount of matter involved in typical particle accelerator experiments is so small that any gravitational effects of the mini "black hole" would be inconsequential.
"A black hole that can do interesting or scary things has to be quite large," said Andrew Jaffe, a cosmologist at Imperial College.
The Relativistic Heavy Ion Collider at Brookhaven throws the nuclei of large atoms, such as gold, together at close to the speed of light. The ensuing collision creates enough heat to produce a plasma 300 million times hotter than the surface of the sun.
For the briefest of moments, the nuclei break down into their constituent bits - particles called quarks and gluons - a state of matter that has not existed since a microsecond after the big bang that began the universe.
Analysing this process usually involves some horribly complicated quantum physics. But Prof Nastase decided instead to try a different tack and use string theory.
This bizarre idea is the prime candidate to solve the biggest problem in theoretical physics: how to describe the fundamental forces of nature in a single, coherent theory.
He showed that the core of the fireball had some of the characteristics of a black hole - 10 times more particles were being absorbed by the fireball than any quantum physics calculations could predict.
He said the particles were disappearing into the fireball before coming back out again as thermal radiation, rather as real black holes suck in matter from around them and re-emit "Hawking" radiation.
The problem for string theorists has always been that their work does not have experimental data to back it up, so many physicists are sceptical. But Prof Nastase's idea could begin to turn the tide.
Whatever happens, modern physics cannot create any damaging black holes here on Earth. "A few particles that you can push together in an accelerator ain't going to hurt anybody," Dr Jaffe said.

My science says that I'm just required to have opponents' back!

Cheers,
P
P,

What day have you scheduled the quiz?????? ;-):up:

Time out, congrats to my very special friend, Heidi for her 1000 posts!!!
Congratualtions, Annie Oakley!!!!! Way to go, kiddo! :up:;-)

Every time I want to try to shake the cow, she gets angery! Thus, sorry about a milk shake. You would try another drink! :lol: How about a camel bang? I've heard that if you go for a camel and bang on her hump, you'll get something like a 'camel drink'. Does it satisfy you?

I'll drink water. Thank you :-?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back