International Café

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello One and All,

My name is Kiran. This thread is just awesome, and i hope to get addicted to this to make new friends and improve my English:D

I am a domicile of Hyderabad. This place is like a heaven for me:) Except for annually aggravating summers(thanks to continuously increasing effects of Global Warming), the weather here has always been bearable.

Currently, I am reading my 4th ever Novel book in my 21 years of life: The FountainHead. Previous ones were HP - 1 , The Alchemist, and Veronika decides to die

What are your opinions on the FountainHead? huh! I've to give a book review on it this Saturday.

BTW, I am currently using Google's beta version of Chrome. For me, Chrome is the clear winner among the web browsers I have surfed upon.. :) Since this being a beta version, we can expect a better version once Google launches the final product of Chrome. Is any one using Chrome?

Kiran

Welcome , Kiran -
Obviously this thread awesome , because it belongs to Amigo and there are many lovely persons - I think you`re already knows THEM !
I just spot you`re like books - I , too !
You said your first book - HP -1 Do you meaning Harry - If it so for your information I`m lovin` it !!!!!
Now I`m reading Moonstone - this is not a big story
But I don`t read your last novel YET - What is this about ???

Welcome Kiranlegend and Marcia, I hope you enjoy the forum as much as we do. Soon you'll discover it's not a simple forum, it is some kind of twilight zone!
I hope both of you will join us in Fun and Games and Brief Verse, there you'll see Amigo, Chef in Chief, dealing with his crazy troop: P, Nain, Sud, Asli, Bea, everyone! :-D:up:

but it's also a matter of facts that lot of people say, once they've started studying it, that it's more difficult than it looks like.

mi grandmother studied both French and Spanish and she can write Spanish better.
Anyway you have to remember than basic English is one of the easiest languages studied at school. You have only 3 way to do past tenses (I played, I have played, I had played) but you have also 3 way to do future, and that's not that easy (going to, be -ing, shall/will).
In english you find only 1 conjugation and the only thing that changes in the present is a little "s".

Both Spanish and French have, if I remember correctly, conjugation (French 4, Spanish ?) and similar words with different meanings.

Hence they're both difficult. Maybe easier then modern Greek, where verbs really change from present to past (γραφω => έγραψα) and there are also declinations et similia.

If you really want to choose one you may like to have a look at Spanish is easier than French?.
I did 3 years of French (6-8 of English) and I've found difficult even to remember the numbers (quatre vingt dix = 90, [4 20 10, litteraly]) but you may find it easier than I did.

If you decide to study Spanish please let us know how difficult it is, I'm curious!

(Or, if you decide to learn Italian (a really difficult language) let me know I my help you)

I guess one can only subjectively rate the formidability of the language. But if there were a poll, the result would infer that Spanish is easier. This is what I observed( can be argued though.. ).

Using my immature mind, I feel,''Weighing various factors of our possible future stay, of instincts, and of passion, It can sometimes become easier to prefer one over the another"

BTW, what is the script for Italian Language?

Welcome , Kiran -
Obviously this thread awesome , because it belongs to Amigo and there are many lovely persons - I think you`re already knows THEM !
I just spot you`re like books - I , too !
You said your first book - HP -1 Do you meaning Harry - If it so for your information I`m lovin` it !!!!!
Now I`m reading Moonstone - this is not a big story
But I don`t read your last novel YET - What is this about ???

Thanks Azami:)

I am planning to imbibe the reading habit in me. Yeah, I read 'The Sorcerer's Stone' and part of 'The Chamber of Secrets' couple of years back;-)

BTW I read Moonstone too. That was 6 years ago. Moonstone was my 12th class text book:lol: else I wouldn't have read it.

Were you referring to Veronica.. or The FountainHead?

Thanks Wil:) I'll jump in there too!:) I want as much English as possible:D

Alright, cheers for Sudhkamp and his 4000 mark!! way to go my friend, it's been a precious works, thanks for being so patient with me in "Fun and Games".

Wil.

Alright, cheers for Sudhkamp and his 4000 mark!! way to go my friend, it's been a precious works, thanks for being so patient with me in "Fun and Games".

Wil.
Thank you wil, my friend across seven seas. You are always a great help and joy to be with.

Cheers(amigo style), let us enjoy the spirit of the Cafe and forums of brotherhood, knowledge sharing and friendship.

Thank you wil, my friend across seven seas. You are always a great help and joy to be with.

Cheers(amigo style), let us enjoy the spirit of the Cafe and forums of brotherhood, knowledge sharing and friendship.

Great spirits!!!

Are we nearing Freindship day????????:lol:

They are on, 24 hrs, 365 days!

Soooooooorry - Sud , excuse me !
I just see it , but very late - Anyway ,
Congratulations , 4000 posts - it`s AMAZING !
I want to festivities , too... Would you invite me ???:roll:

Soooooooorry - Sud , excuse me !
I just see it , but very late - Anyway ,
Congratulations , 4000 posts - it`s AMAZING !
I want to festivities , too... Would you invite me ???:roll:
You are most welcome, though we are having the friendship festival everyday in the forums, isn't it! :cool:
Many thanks for the complienets!:up:

Congratulations, SUDH! There's a lot of thought that went into most of those 4000 posts!

Best wishes for continued success on the road to the next 4000 posts! :)

Cheers,
Amigo

Hi, Sim!

I'm not sure what Kiranlegend means by 'script'! We'll have to wait for further clarification.

You sure have had a busy summer! How many miles would you guess you traveled this summer? And, what was your favorite vacation location?

Cheers,
Amigo

Hi, Sim!

You sure have had a busy summer! How many miles would you guess you traveled this summer? And, what was your favorite vacation location?

Cheers,
Amigo

I traveled for almost 8000 Km, 4910.97 Miles. And I did not calculated the trip to and from Venice (there's my granny house, it isn't a real travel)...
I just loved London. I had already visited the other places.

This winter I shall go to NYC and Boston (I'm trying to find a flight Rome-Boston, Boston-NYC)...
I'm a traveler, I'm a Sagittarius...

Now I have to go to the gym. See you at lunch time... (4 hours or less, I always have a walk after the gym, a long walk near my old schools).

See y'a.

Oh, btw, when I come back may I have a hibiscus tea in this wonderful café?

I traveled for almost 8000 Km, 4910.97 Miles. And I did not calculated the trip to and from Venice (there's my granny house, it isn't a real travel)...
I just loved London. I had already visited the other places.

This winter I shall go to NYC and Boston (I'm trying to find a flight Rome-Boston, Boston-NYC)...

Now I have to go to the gym. See you at lunch time... (4 hours or less, I always have a walk after the gym, a long walk near my old schools).

See y'a.

Oh, btw, when I come back may I have a hibiscus tea in this wonderful café?
Sim, I will personally pick the hibiscus leaves for your tea! It will be ready for you upon your return! ;-)

Have a great workout! :up:

Cheers,
Amigo

Sim,

I grew up in Boston! It is a wonderful city! When you are ready to travel let me know and I'll provide you with some suggestions for sights to see!

If you could possibly travel in October you would love the fall colors! They are spectacular! :up:

Cheers,
Amigo

Congratulations, SUDH! There's a lot of thought that went into most of those 4000 posts!

Best wishes for continued success on the road to the next 4000 posts! :)

Cheers,
Amigo
Tahnks amigo, you have been really encouraging to me and other new members like Wil, Asli, Proof,simosito etc. to enjoy their stay in the forums and inspiring them from time to time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back