International Café

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wil, I'd like to learn more about the differences between Firefox and Explorer. What do you NOT like about IE 7.0?

Internet Explorer is slower, it is riskier to use, less customizable.
With firefox and its add-ons you can:

automagically block banners and other ads (AdBlockPlus)
surf faster and faster (with Fasterfox a suer addon)
reload a page everty X minutes (RealoadEvery)
print a page as PDF without any software (printpdf)
Download everything faster (DownThemAll)
Have a preview of the link you're going to open (Coolris Preview)
and much more...

You should see this page

Wil, I'd like to learn more about the differences between Firefox and Explorer. What do you NOT like about IE 7.0?

I think IE is too popular as if statistics says! In my own openion, an annoying problem arising from the display in Firefox is that if you are being bothered by migraine when looking at your computer monitor, it can explicitly be a reason using Firefox as your Internet explorer because the lights are made so bright through it!

Now you can see some of the actual differences between Firefox and Internet Explorer 7.

Firefox allows you to surf the Internet safer and faster, and it displays the Internet the way that it was intended to be. Firefox also gives you more web page viewing space so that you can see more than you would with other browsers. The main difference that you'll see is that Internet Explorer has gray behind its images, Firefox doesn't (my point). View the differences for yourself, then Get Firefox, it's free. Firefox gives you more web page space to view more of a web page without a lot of scrolling, and the text is clearer in Firefox. Firefox has tabbed browsing; IE just opens new windows. Firefox has built-in pop-up blocking. Also, since IE comes automatically with most Windows Installations, and because most people lack the [inclination/expertise] to switch to a non-IE browser, ~95% of PC users use IE. So whenever someone wants to write malicious code (spyware, virus, etc...), they will write it for the widest installed base.

Refs:
What are the differences between Mozilla Firefox and Microsoft...
See the Differences Between Internet Explorer and Firefox

But I see that it throughly depends on your own taste! ;-)

P

Last edited:
Welcome back Shal, we missed you a lot. Where were you last 4 days?

Last edited:
Hi everyone ,
:roll:
I am 'Keralite' from Kerala, India. My town Cochin is situated in southern part of India. Its on the coast of Arabian sea and the Monsoon first touches India at this place.Our persent weaher is rainy season with heavy thunder and its horrifying in the night. You know the sound of thunder is born jarring and like a special effect of Hollywood movies.

The rain is some times troublesome because some part of the city is under flood. But the climate is cool.....:up:

Hi everyone ,
:roll:
I am 'Keralite' from Kerala, India. My town Cochin is situated in southern part of India. Its on the coast of Arabian sea and the Monsoon first touches India at this place.Our persent weaher is rainy season with heavy thunder and its horrifying in the night. You know the sound of thunder is born jarring and like a special effect of Hollywood movies.

The rain is some times troublesome because some part of the city is under flood. But the climate is cool.....:up:
Welcome to the forums and International Cafe, the owner of the house, Amgios4 is bound to welcome you again, when he comes to visit the Cafe and ask for collection at night, yet in his absence I have been assigned the job of welcoming new guests. Here you can have your cup of coffee(they call it capuccino or something like that here, strange fellows these internationals:roll:) and chat with friends like Proof.beh, Nain, Wil_Ibanez, Simosito, Beascarpetta, Miss Solero Exotic, Shalstudent, Azami Asli and of course the owner Amigos4 and many many other regulars.
Keep visiting the house,

For the forums,

Waiter of the house,
SUDHKAMP

BTW (by the way) cappuccino is Coffee with whipped milk.

Hello One and All,

My name is Kiran. This thread is just awesome, and i hope to get addicted to this to make new friends and improve my English:D

I am a domicile of Hyderabad. This place is like a heaven for me:) Except for annually aggravating summers(thanks to continuously increasing effects of Global Warming), the weather here has always been bearable.

Currently, I am reading my 4th ever Novel book in my 21 years of life: The FountainHead. Previous ones were HP - 1 , The Alchemist, and Veronika decides to die

What are your opinions on the FountainHead? huh! I've to give a book review on it this Saturday.

BTW, I am currently using Google's beta version of Chrome. For me, Chrome is the clear winner among the web browsers I have surfed upon.. :) Since this being a beta version, we can expect a better version once Google launches the final product of Chrome. Is any one using Chrome?

Kiran

welcome to the forum kiranlegend!!!:-D You know what? most of the users here are from India!!!!!! :-?:-D
Did you realise that???
that 's crazy!!!

however... is there someone i can write to???? lg isa

Hello One and All,

My name is Kiran. This thread is just awesome, and i hope to get addicted to this to make new friends and improve my English:D

I am a domicile of Hyderabad. This place is like a heaven for me:) Except for annually aggravating summers(thanks to continuously increasing effects of Global Warming), the weather here has always been bearable.

Currently, I am reading my 4th ever Novel book in my 21 years of life: The FountainHead. Previous ones were HP - 1 , The Alchemist, and Veronika decides to die

What are your opinions on the FountainHead? huh! I've to give a book review on it this Saturday.

BTW, I am currently using Google's beta version of Chrome. For me, Chrome is the clear winner among the web browsers I have surfed upon.. :) Since this being a beta version, we can expect a better version once Google launches the final product of Chrome. Is any one using Chrome?

Kiran

welcome to the forum kiranlegend!!!:-D You know what? most of the users here are from India!!!!!! :-?:-D
Did you realise that???
that 's crazy!!!

however... is there someone i can write to???? lg isa
Welcome to the International Cafe, Kiran from Hyderabad, it is a place where you can have your cup of cappuccino(coffee with whipped milk) and also chat with the regulars like amigos4(the chef and owner of this cafe), Proof.beh(the scientist and detective), Nain(the mexican cowboy), Wil_Ibanez(the guitarist, lyricist and the upcoming pop star), Heidita(the spanish teacher), Beascarpetta(the English teacher), Shalstudent and many many more, including Miss Solero Exotic, bereal, Azami Asli,simosito to name a few. It is a great place to invest your time. The spirit is of brotherhood and some light hearted couplets(not cup-plates) being thrown by our stalwart amigo. Rest you would know by visiting often.(And I assure you, that old man amigo is bound to welcome you again in his next post, never trusts me). And I am the poor waiter of the Cafe, always going without tips or thanks.

Your L.F.
SUDHKAMP

P.S. - Shalstudent had spent a few years at Hyderabad, if I remember well.

And now to Miss Solero Exotic, yes there are Indian members in the site, but they are not too many, at the most four, if I am right, who are regular.;-)

Last edited:
I'm here too, I'm the cat-addicted one...

Thanks for your welcome guys and girl!:)

Yeah yeah, I see lot of Indians here. Way to go! we are ubiquitous:)

Of French and Spanish, what language is easy to learn for a non-native French/Spanish/English person?

I think Spanish, and almost everybody hates French.
Spanish is spoken by more people, too...

hehe.. Yeah, Spanish is the second most spoken language. But why do most hate French?:O I am about to join French classes.. :O

Dear Kiran, no one hates french language, it is just Sim's way of saying things. I think every person who knows more than one language, also realizes that languages are just a means of communication and what is being said is of more importance. Of course there are certain merits and demerits in all languages, but then you should be able to enjoy such things by being large hearted and having open mindedness. What Simosito was referring to was that French is a bit difficult language to learn for its pronounciations. Then so are the all Dravidian languages of South India. I hope you have got the point. Wish you a pleasant learning experience French and English.

Cheers(amigo style)

dhanyavad Sudh! Gotcha. Simosito responded to my question properly:)

are you a Kannad?

dhanyavad Sudh! Gotcha. Simosito responded to my question properly:)

are you a Kannad?
I am an Indian, and wish to claim my World citizenry!
The whole world is one and I respect, love and enjoy all the languages equally!:up:

Cheers(amigo style)

Dear Kiran, no one hates french language [...]

Cheers(amigo style)

but it's also a matter of facts that lot of people say, once they've started studying it, that it's more difficult than it looks like.

mi grandmother studied both French and Spanish and she can write Spanish better.
Anyway you have to remember than basic English is one of the easiest languages studied at school. You have only 3 way to do past tenses (I played, I have played, I had played) but you have also 3 way to do future, and that's not that easy (going to, be -ing, shall/will).
In english you find only 1 conjugation and the only thing that changes in the present is a little "s".

Both Spanish and French have, if I remember correctly, conjugation (French 4, Spanish ?) and similar words with different meanings.

Hence they're both difficult. Maybe easier then modern Greek, where verbs really change from present to past (γραφω => έγραψα) and there are also declinations et similia.

If you really want to choose one you may like to have a look at Spanish is easier than French?.
I did 3 years of French (6-8 of English) and I've found difficult even to remember the numbers (quatre vingt dix = 90, [4 20 10, litteraly]) but you may find it easier than I did.

If you decide to study Spanish please let us know how difficult it is, I'm curious!

(Or, if you decide to learn Italian (a really difficult language) let me know I my help you)

you legally may not claim so:D

but yeah, your statement sounds god-type. Theists say 'all are equal before God' :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back