International Café

Status
Not open for further replies.

sorry for the confusion. what i mean't was the writing system!:oops: I don't know even if this is correctly asked either. If you understood what I mean't please let me know the correct term i need to use.

thanks

Sim, I will personally pick the hibiscus leaves for your tea! It will be ready for you upon your return! ;-)

Have a great workout! :up:

Cheers,
Amigo

Thank you!

Sim,

I grew up in Boston! It is a wonderful city! When you are ready to travel let me know and I'll provide you with some suggestions for sights to see!

If you could possibly travel in October you would love the fall colors! They are spectacular! :up:

Cheers,
Amigo

I don't even know if there are flights from Rome to Boston... :roll:
Do you know if there are something?
Anyway I would stay in Boston only few days (are there planes for NYC every day?) in December, maybe near Xmas.

sorry for the confusion. what i mean't was the writing system!:oops: I don't know even if this is correctly asked either. If you understood what I mean't please let me know the correct term i need to use.

thanks

Do you mean what kind of alphabet we use?
We use Latin alphabet of course. (Latin itself was born in Italy).
Did you mean that?

I hope I answered your question.

Bye,
Sim

yup, you could understand me well Sim.. thank you:)

It is teacher's day in India today. On this ocassion, i would like to wish all the teachers of this forum a happy teacher's day:)

It is teacher's day in India today. On this ocassion, i would like to wish all the teachers of this forum a happy teacher's day:)
I really appreciate your recalling Dr. Sarvapalli Radhakrishnan, one of the greatest philosophers of our times and pioneer of education in India.:up:

Hello One and All,

My name is Kiran. This thread is just awesome, and i hope to get addicted to this to make new friends and improve my English:D

I am a domicile of Hyderabad. This place is like a heaven for me:) Except for annually aggravating summers(thanks to continuously increasing effects of Global Warming), the weather here has always been bearable.

Currently, I am reading my 4th ever Novel book in my 21 years of life: The FountainHead. Previous ones were HP - 1 , The Alchemist, and Veronika decides to die

What are your opinions on the FountainHead? huh! I've to give a book review on it this Saturday.

BTW, I am currently using Google's beta version of Chrome. For me, Chrome is the clear winner among the web browsers I have surfed upon.. :) Since this being a beta version, we can expect a better version once Google launches the final product of Chrome. Is any one using Chrome?

Kiran

I also welcome your honorable entrance to the IC (International Cafe). I'm detective P who is on the prowl to catch a bug here, if any! I own a zoo in my house in Tabriz! It includes too many animals from butterflies to camels (I left one of them for good since he got married)!!!! :lol:

Many thanks,
P

Proof, save a baby camel for me!!! it's going to have a hard time in Costa Rica, you know, no desert at all, anyway, it'll get used to heavy rains and jungle. I bet you never heard of a camel in the jungle! :-D

Proof, save a baby camel for me!!! it's going to have a hard time in Costa Rica, you know, no desert at all, anyway, it'll get used to heavy rains and jungle. I bet you never heard of a camel in the jungle! :-D
Wil you are being an obstinate child. First thing, why should you go to the jungles, leaving your work and studies. Next, in the deep rain forests, a Camel cannot walk(it would forage there forever), the trees are too much for him; you should have asked for Elephant as your birthday gift from Proof.
Hey Proof, please send one Elephant to Wil on his Birthday!;-)

OK!! an elephant will do! :-D:up:

But you're right, it'd be a better choice, the elephants don't spit!

But they just want 1/2 a quintal of sugarcane everyday, fresh and green, straight from the fields!

Well...I'll have to discuss that in family, we're gonna need a little more room for that pachyderm...

:shock::shock:Wil, Elephants don't live in a room!
You got to build a factory shade for them.:):lol:

Elephant stew would be a wonderful addition to our Cafe' menu!!!! :)

Elephant stew would be a wonderful addition to our Cafe' menu!!!! :)
You impossible non-vegetarian, you are always hell bent on killing something or the other, just for the sake of your taste.

I also welcome your honorable entrance to the IC (International Cafe). I'm detective P who is on the prowl to catch a bug here, if any! I own a zoo in my house in Tabriz! It includes too many animals from butterflies to camels (I left one of them for good since he got married)!!!! :lol:

Many thanks,
P

thanks for the respectable post welcoming me:)

your detective prowess will get sharpened while correcting my un-englishical posts i post many a time..

btw where is Tabriz? you are talking about camels! do you live in a desert?;-)

Hey guys!
I'm curios: does anybody know what the journalist John Grogan is doing now?
I've read he still works for the Philadelphia Inquirer but I can't find some recent writes of his. I've heard he's chief-redactor now.

Does anybody know if the infos I got are right?

And does anybody know is e-mail address?

Come on! it'll be the new forum's delicacy.

Ok, for the upcoming forum Olympics, the events will be: Camel Swimming, Beer-drinking and Arse-kicking...and Twister, I almost forget. There are some rules to be set:
1. For the beer-drinking event, there will be different categories, so, men and camels can't compete together in the same event. The camels have advantage with those humps, so, it's not fair play.
2. For the arse-kicking event, remember Heidi will be there, so, no one should be surprised if after that event, we won't be able to sit down for a week.
3. For the Twister event, if you want to challenge the camel...beware the spitting.
4. For the camel swimming event, if you don't have a camel, a dromedary or a llama are allowed. If you have only a rubber duckie...it's allowed too.

By the way, no medals for the winners, only free beers at Amigo's bar :-D:up:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back