New Members - Introduce yourself here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Beeuurkes said:
henry said:
By the way, should you be interested in brushing up your German, don't hesitate to ask me. I'm always ready to. :wink:

Möchte ich auch mit dir auf Deutsch reden, Henry ?
May I also speek with you in German ?

Hallo, Beeuurkes

Kein Problem. Du bist gerne willkommen. Also wie soll ich anfangen?
Lass mich mal fragen, wie bist du auf diese Forum gekommen, ich meine, wie hast du es gefunden?
Bis bald!
Schöne Grüßen,
Henry

P.S. The phrasal verb is brush up on.

:)

henry said:
Beeuurkes said:
henry said:
By the way, should you be interested in brushing up your German, don't hesitate to ask me. I'm always ready to. :wink:

Möchte ich auch mit dir auf Deutsch reden, Henry ?
May I also speek with you in German ?

Hallo, Beeuurkes

Lass mich mal fragen, wie bist du auf diese Forum gekommen, ich meine, wie hast du es gefunden?
Bis bald!
Schöne Grüßen,
Henry

I put that in the translator at Dictionary.com and I got:
  • In German:
    Kein Problem. Du bist gerne willkommen. Also wie soll ich anfangen? Lass mich mal fragen, wie bist du auf diese Forum gekommen, ich meine, wie hast du es gefunden? Bis bald! Schöne Grüßen

In English:
    No problem. You are gladly welcome. Thus as I am to begin? Let me times ask, how you are on this forum come, I mean, how have you it found? Until soon! Schöne Grüßen
Translating that into idiomatic English, I get:
  • You are very welcome. But how am I to begin? Let me ask you, how did you come to this forum; that is, how did you find it? Later!
What do you think? Interesting, no? (I could figure out some of it, but the translator helped me with the rest.)

RonBee said:
I put that in the translator at Dictionary.com and I got:
In German:
Kein Problem. Du bist gerne willkommen. Also wie soll ich anfangen? Lass mich mal fragen, wie bist du auf diese Forum gekommen, ich meine, wie hast du es gefunden? Bis bald! Schöne Grüßen

In English:
No problem. You are gladly welcome. Thus as I am to begin? Let me times ask, how you are on this forum come, I mean, how have you it found? Until soon! Schöne Grüßen

What do you think? Interesting, no?

Very impressive indeed. Will have a closer look at this translator. :idea:

henry said:
Bis bald!
Schöne Grüßen,
Henry

Danke für Ihre Einladung. :wink:
Ich fand diesen Forum mit Google durch das Schreiben der Wörter "Forum" und "English".
Meine Idee war, ein Forum zu finden, in dem ich mich auf Englisch unterhalten könnte, um es zu üben.
Und dich ? :?:

But we might be off topic here. :oops:
So maybe it would be more convenient to open a new sub-topic "German" in "Other languages" to go on with this ... :wink:

RonBee said:
barbamama said:
Hi,
I would like to introduce myself.
My name is Anita, and I'm from the Netherlands.
I also want to travel a lot after my graduation. I came here because I want to learn better English.

Well, your English looks pretty good to me. The only thing I would change is I would say I want to improve my English. If I wanted to be facetious (joke with you) I might say, "What's wrong with the English you know?" :wink:

Welcome to our forum? Have you "met" Sanny and Sophie yet? (They are also from Holland/the Netherlands.)

:hi:

Thank you.
And yes, I have met Sanny and Sophie.

Hi, Barbamama. ;-)

I prefer flirt with foreign girls online like what I did in China. haha.

But I always failed .

Have you ever talked to any Dutch girls, Eric?

Wow..I love this forum so much!
Hahaha. I found it through google.com and then registered immediately. I'm GGump~! Nice to meet you all here~~~I just wanna use English. That's all.~~~~~:D

GGump said:
Wow..I love this forum so much!
Hahaha. I found it through google.com and then registered immediately. I'm GGump~! Nice to meet you all here~~~I just wanna use English. That's all.~~~~~:D

Welcome- feel free to use your English here. ;-)

Hello tdol.Nice to see your reply. I'll try my best to use English. Yet, I have difficulty doing so. (Is is correct?:() I am not a native English speaker. so many times, I was really upset/sad that I cannot/did not know how to express my feeling, my thoughts clearly in English and see others have no idea what I mean.:(:(:(

Anyway, I hope I can improve my English. Plus, big thanks goes to all of you~~~, my friends and my teachers here! :) hehehehe

So far, I've had no trouble understanding you.

PS- Big thanks GO to all of you... ;-)

Ah...hehe. Yes. It should be "Go", not "goes". Heihei, I'll remember that.^_^

??What's the matter?? I just logged in and submitted my reply...But! The author changed into Guest.....So weird....hehe

GGump said:
??What's the matter?? I just logged in and submitted my reply...But! The author changed into Guest.....So weird....hehe

Dunno. Maybe you should click on "Log me on automatically". (I get timed out every once in a while when I am online at the library.)

See ya around.

RonBee said:
GGump said:

Dunno. Maybe you should click on "Log me on automatically". (I get timed out every once in a while when I am online at the library.)

See ya around.

Hehe,Hi RonBee :hi:. I don't have the habit of loging on automatically..:) and...what's "Dunno"? what does it mean?? :roll: :)

GGump said:
RonBee said:
GGump said:

See ya around.

Hehe,Hi RonBee :hi:. I don't have the habit of loging on automatically..:) and...what's "Dunno"? what does it mean?? :roll: :)

You only have to do it once and it's done.

Dunno = (I) don't know

Hi! My name is Elizabeth (Beth), and I am a middle school ESOL teacher in Winder, Georgia (U.S.A). Due to the fact that some of my students don't have an email address but would still like to post stuff on the forums, I was wondering if it would be okay with the webmasters if my students could just log in as me (eclark), and discuss that way. We will make it a point to identify ourselves within the body of our posts. This looks like a very effective site. Thanks for all you do!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back