New Members - Introduce yourself here

Status
Not open for further replies.
tdol said:
It's still quite a big kitty. Very cute, though. ;-)

It shrunk, then it grew again. It's one of those "Alice in Wonderland" kitties.

:wink:

hi people! steven from singapore. thanks to u guys, i finally know what a conjugated verb is! hurrah!

have a nice day. :D

steven said:
hi people! steven from singapore. thanks to u guys, i finally know what a conjugated verb is! hurrah!

:hi: Welcome to the forum, Steven! ;-)

steven said:

Many native speakers don't know that. Welcome to UsingEnglish. ;-)

re

Hi everybody!

I am Masfer, 21 years old, from Madrid (Spain) but I am currently studying in Denmark (too cold for me :? ) as an Erasmus Student. I'm learning English because I like it :p and because I am sure it will be very useful for my professional future (I am "almost" a Computer Engineer). Besides, I love going to the cinema and watch movies with the "real voices" even though in Spain everything's dubbed :evil: .But now with the DVD I can watch movies in original version, not dubbed :turn-l:
Anyway, if you have any problem with Spanish, I will be pleased to help you!

ByE! (Adiós :lol:)

Re: re

Welcome to our friendly forum! :hi:

Thank you for that interesting post.

:D

Hai everybody
I'm Linda. I'm from the Netherlands (Holland :)) so I speak Dutch.
At school, we have to learn English, German and French, so I speak a little of those languages.

Oh, almost forgot my age: I'm 18 years old for about a month now.

Hope to improve my English skills at this forum.

Doei (bye ;))

Welcome to the forum, Peanut! ;-)

Peanut said:
Hai everybody
I'm Linda. I'm from the Netherlands (Holland :)) so I speak Dutch.
At school, we have to learn English, German and French, so I speak a little of those languages.

Oh, almost forgot my age: I'm 18 years old for about a month now.

Hope to improve my English skills at this forum.

Doei (bye ;))

I'm very impressed. I'd say your English is quite good already. :D

(I second what Red said.)

:D

Hello, This is my first visit to the members area, although i have been in the ESl forul for while now. I'm English but live in Belgium now, and teach English to some local people, although I have no "real" teaching skills, so it's great to be able to ask questions in the forum. Lots of help available.

Hi and welcome. ;-)

hi, buddies, it tooks me a long time to finish reading all your self-introductions. i am happy to find this wonderful english learning site by google accidentally. glad to meet all you friendly gal/guys here!

well, i come from beijing, china, working as a unix system engineer. i decide to stay at this forum to learn english with you, and if you wanna learn chinese, i maybe helpful :D

i am fond of movies, sports, literature.
just as Masfer, i also hope someday i can enjoy the original movies without the assistance of the chinese subtitles :D

what your favourites? mine are 'the lord of the rings' and ' the shawshank's redemption'

red, ronbee, todl, and all fellows, please correct my error if possible, i will very appreciate that

well, i am happy that i registered my id on a christmas eve, wish all members here a merry christmas!

see you!

claude said:
please correct my error if possible, i will very appreciate that

Try:
  • Please correct my errors if possible. I would appreciate it very much.

Welcome to the forum!

:hi:

Hi, Claude, and welcome. I'll be happy to correct things just as soon as I've got Christmas out of the way, and have a Merry Xmas. ;-)

Hi,everyone.My name is Yong Zhou(similar to "Joe" in pronunciation) and

I'm a Chinese.I'm a college student majoring in Applied Physics.

However,computer science and English is my favorite subject.I am

not a real worm but a bookworm,so pathetically,I don't have any hobbies

but learning...Oh,I now have a new hobby--that is to log onto this forum!

I ran into this forum a few days ago and I wish I knew it long long

ago.The people here,especially the teachers,are very warm hearted and

friendly.And,I'll keep bothering you.Haha.Thank you for everything.

Joe said:
Hi everyone. My name is Yong Zhou, which is similar to "Joe" in pronunciation. I'm a Chinese college student majoring in Applied Physics; however, Computer Science and English are my favorite subjects. I am not a real worm but a bookworm, so in a pathetic sort of way, I don't have any hobbies--except learning, of course. Oh, I now have a new hobby: logging onto this forum!

I ran into this forum a few days ago and wish I had have known about it a long, long time ago. The people here, especially the teachers, are very warm hearted and friendly. And, I'm going to make it a point to keep bothering you. Haha. Thank you for everything.

Welcome Joe! :hi:

I don't think learning is a pathetic hobby at all. Welcome. ;-)

Thank you for correcting me.May I ask what "make it a point to" means?And I never heard of anything like "had have known".Is it a spelling mistake?Should I say "had had known" or "had known"?

tdol said:
I don't think learning is a pathetic hobby at all. Welcome. ;-)

Thanks.I don't think learning is a pathetic hobby,I just wanna to say it is kind of pathetic with only one hobby.Anyway,I have to study.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back