New Members - Introduce yourself here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hola Amigos,

Better late than never! My names Iain. I've a newish TEFL teacher - long time language learner with a background in Software Engineering and Telecoms. I'm currently teaching in Mexico. I'm originally from Scotland, but I've lived in England, The Netherlands, Germany, and Guatemala for a stint.

Iain

Nice to meet you- I teach in the UK. ;-)

Hi, i'm Vash, and i came from Shanghai,China. i'm now studying in RMIT ENGLISH WORLDWILD.
it's very lucky for me to find this site, and i hope i can improve my english a lot while making friends with all of u.
by the way, if u have any problem on chinese studing, maybe i can give some help to you.
:)

Welcome to UsingEnglish, Vash!

:hi:

To Vash

Red is the Forum Wizard. :)

Feel free to start a discussion or participate in one that is ongoing.

I don't suppose you have met very many Americans?

Vash said:
Thank u very much, Red5

Welcome to the UsingEnglish forum, Vash. I hope we can help. Ron is our resident expert in American English, while I am a British English speaker, so you can get a variety of viewpoints to help you learn. Get posting. ;-)

HI ALL,,,,,,
im arabain girl ineed to practise English because im realy bad speaker althaugh ialready have finished my study at college in ENGLISH department so ineed your help and advices to be agood English speaker
thank you alot,,,
wawa

wawa said:
HI ALL,,,,,,
im arabain girl ineed to practise English because im realy bad speaker althaugh ialready have finished my study at college in ENGLISH department so ineed your help and advices to be agood English speaker
thank you alot,,,
wawa

We can't help you much with improving your spoken English on the forum itself, but Tdol does, I think, have some links to some sites that are good for that.

Welcome to our friendly forum. :hi:

We are always here with help and advice to help you improve your English.

Where did you go to college?

The best way to improve your language is to use it. I'll give you one piece of advice- you used a word in the plural that should not be used countably. Which one was it? ;-)

tdol said:
The best way to improve your language is to use it. I'll give you one piece of advice- you used a word in the plural that should not be used countably. Which one was it? ;-)

I know! I know! <Ron raises his hand and waves it wildly about.>

:wink:

tdol said:
thanks tdol for your reply ITHINK THE WORD YOU MEAN IS ADVICES
THANKS ALOT ill appreciate your interest :p :p

Hi, all of you.
May I be a new member on your helpful forum,:)?

I am from Saudi Arabia , graduated from University , and got Bachelor of English Language .
I came over right here to share my experince and skills to be perfected .
Thank you all
Ayed,

Ayed said:
Hi, all of you.

You would have to start all over to be a new member. :wink:

May I make a suggestion? Say:

• I came here to share my experiences and perfect my skills.

Your contribution is a valuable one, and we are glad to have you.

:D

Ayed said:
Hi, all of you.

I am from Saudi Arabia , graduated from University , and got Bachelor of English Language .
I came over right here to share my experince and skills to be perfected .
Thank you all
Ayed,

Welcome and I hope we can be of some help. ;-)

Colloquialisms

Howdy,

My name is Samantha and I grew up in California but have lived in Washington State for 5 years now. When I moved away from home to go to school I started listening to differences in pronunciation when people spoke. What a facinating variation there is out there, even within a very small region!

I love listening to people from different places and picking up on slight accents that tell where a person is from. I was searching for descriptions of British Accents on Google and came upon this site. I think it is wonderful and professional!

If you'd like to discuss colloquialisms with me, I'd love to hear it!

PS: Did you know that almonds (the nuts) are not pronounced "almond" by the people that grow them. The growers pronounce them "ammons" (short "a" like in "and")...because you have knock the "L" out of them to get them out of the tree-No Joke!

Hey!I found this site through Google,too.Thanks to all who have helped me during the past few days.Thanks to Ron for correcting me.Maybe I will ask you more questions in the futhure days.Hope not bother you.And if one day,my english is not so bad,I also hope to help someon with their english study. :D

P.S.I found my avatar image was so large,so I change it to a little smaller. :twisted:

It's still quite a big kitty. Very cute, though. ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back