New Members - Introduce yourself here

Status
Not open for further replies.
iam going to study ph.d in methodology and iam trying to get more information about this subject

:-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D

Hello everyone

this is moshy i,m 25 and working as a process trainer in a bpo in india

Hi, I was looking up the net to find an answer to my daughter's question re: suit to a t - why to a T? ie what is the significance of the T?

Glad to sign in to this forum - hello to all.

New Members

:n00b:

Hello Members,:hi:
I am Jerry. I am a computer proffessional. I would like to join with you all to improve my communication skills. Let us have happy time............:lying: :lilangel:

:smilecol:[/quote]

Hello members

I am Krios from Italy

Have a nice day!!:-D :-D :-D :-D :-D

HI,how are you?
my name is mohammadnabi.i am iranian.i am 21 and i am student.i study chemical engineering.what are you doing?

Last edited:
New Members

Why not introduce yourself to us here and tell us a little about yourself?

:smilecol:

Hi my name is Montse and i'm new here i'm 18 and i'm from Barcelona, goal is improve my English , know people from all over the world and if i can help.Im very interested in music and the following year i will start English filology.

hi to all

:lol:
New Members

Hello Members,:hi:
I am Jerry. I am a computer proffessional. I would like to join with you all to improve my communication skills. Let us have happy time............:lying: :lilangel:

:smilecol:
[/QUOTE]

Hi,

My Name is Linda my nickname Ling ling. (female)

I came from Hong Kong.

I joined this forum because I want to improve my conversation skills and others English language skills.

Thanks for all who helped me during the past days, and I will ask you more questions some day.

Linda

:up: Hi there!

My name is Stan. I come from Slovakia.Now I live in the UK.I've lived here since 9/2004.I'd like to learn the English Language because I need it.

This is what I found:

If something "fits to a T" then it's perfect for its purpose. The allusion here is said to be with a T square. This piece of apparatus is so accurate that a precise right angle fits it perfectly.
However neat this suggestion is, there is another possible origin, based on the fact that the saying was in use in the 17th century, before the T square was invented. This one suggests that the T stands for "Title", a minute and precisely positioned pen stroke or printer's mark. A tiny brushstroke was all that distinguished the Hebrew letter "dalet" from "resh". "Title" was the word chosen by Wycliffe to translate references to this tiny difference in his version of the New Testament. Thus the mark was perfectly suited to its task.

Hello Group

I come from Sudan
Ilive in Dubai (UAE ) i study English
I like Phrasal Verb...im happy to meet you ..
thanks

Some Phrasal Verb....used in spoken English

Plow up....................explode
Go with.....................match
Turn down..................refuse
Call on.......................visit
Look for .....................try to find
put of .......................postpone

Hello. My name is Gustavo, I'm from Buenos Aires and currently living in Cape Town, South Africa. This is my first time in the forum. I joined it because I would like to improve my english. Still haven't explored the site.

Gustavo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back