New Members - Introduce yourself here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi -I just joined the forum!
I'm from the Netherlands and work in language education. I'm generally interested in foreign language acquisitions and the issues that and challenges that go along with it.

my name is Wenchao Li, I come from China,i am a college student,23 years, i would like to makes friends from other countries or regions.glad to meet all the guys here;-)

Hello :)

I am from East Europe

Say:
I am from eastern Europe.​
(usually people don't know my Country...).

Slovenia? Slovakia? Bosnia? Croatia? :)

I have studied English just 10 months in my life.
I have studied English for only ten months.
It is not the second language for me...

I'm not sure what you mean by that.

I am just graduated by one of ESL school at USA.

I have just graduated from an ESL school in the USA.
I used to be (a little) lazy student and now I am really sorry about that...
My TOEFL score (which I took in October) was bad...really bad (17-21 points from each 30)... It wasn't what I needed to enter in one of the best University of USA...

It wasn't what I needed to enter one of the best universities....
I entered in one of the colleges...
I will study and I will try to take TOEFL next year.

I entered one of the colleges. I will study, and I will take TOEFL again next year.

I am disappointed by myself.....:-(
I am disappointed in myself.
The quizzes on this site should help. And, of course, you can ask questions.

Have fun!

:hi:

:lol: Hi everyone,

I come from Hong Kong.

Sometimes I come across English sentences, be they idioms or some complicated English structured sentences, I just don't know who to turn to. I hope this forum can help me improve my English.

Ahyuk.:oops:

hello everybody....
my name is sophia. i really like to be ur friends. i like teaching very much n would like to share experiences about it with u all. in my country English is a foreign language. n sometimes as an english teacher here in my country i discover myself in difficult situations especially if my students ask me to explain something about english lesson that i have not sufficient information about it.
i hope u want to share with me. n im really waiting for ur reply.
nice to join u all in this esl forum.

:) by:

sophie

hello...
it must be nice to work in language institution. but for those who work in foreign language institution, they may face difficult or even funny situations sometimes. can u share about your experience to me please?
my name is sophie and im from indonesia

Hello my name is julius, i´m from spain and i really need to improve my english listening. I´m working in tourism and tht most important in this carrer is comunication.

thank you .:up:

Re: Hello, I am from the United States.

Hello everyone, I am from the United States, English is my sole language. I need to review a few basics in grammer. Consider the following,=

[ I know that that is not true. ] >Although this sentence sounds o.k. when spoken

aloud, this would not be grammatically correct.

[ I know that you lied.] > This sentence is grammatically correct. ( I think..)

[ I know you did it. ] >This is my question, is this sentence correct?
I think that is correct but you can try some other versions of that sentence like: "I know that you did it!";-)

New Members

:n00b:

Why not introduce yourself to us here and tell us a little about yourself?

:smilecol:
Hello, I am pedro from venezuela, and I want practice English and improve my vocabulaary and knowlege of new expresions in english e.g idioms as" rain cats and dogs"
Iam very happy because I foud this forum.:lol:

New

hey hey, i'm new here. i hope to get some good input from all of you. i'm teaching in China now and i can sure use the material on this site! see ya!

Hi,

my name is Maggy and I come from Italy, Southtyrol. I am studying at the university in Innsbruck, Austria. I hope to meet here nice people:) And I would be thankful if someone would give me a good input:up:

NICE TO MEET YOU ALL

hello everybody from türkiye:-D
ı am UMAY ı am studying at university but ı have a big problem about english so ı must improve it help me this issue please?

Hi everybody,
my name is Sue and I have lived in France for nearly two years now. I was a teacher in England and took a TEFL qualification this year. I am just starting to find work and hope to build up enough individual projects to produce a modest income. Any ideas?
Best wishes
Sue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back