New Members - Introduce yourself here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everybody!!
I´m from Caracas, Venezuela.
I´m an English teacher now after having worked in the Airline field for more than 35 years.
Usingenglish.com is a fantastic site, both for students as well as for teachers.
Excellent explanations and handouts.
Ronaldo

Hello to all of this community.
I'm Annie,a girl come from China.
I just fond here by seaching website.Very glad to join you and hope to know more about out of China and make friends with you.

Hello from Germany!

Hi folks,

I am new in this forum and I admit it drives me crazy, because there are 2 many links here - like everywhere in/on (?) the Internet.

If you want to improve your German language or want to communicate across borders via email, do not hesitate to contact me.

I already have friends in Toronto, L'pool - where I studied English language and international business -, Melbourne and Grand Rapids/USA.

From which English speaking country do you come from?

Auf Wiedersehen from Lüneburg/Germany (--> www.lueneburg.de)

Sven

Re: ESL/ELL AND BILINGUAL TEACHERS NEEDED

Hi, I'm Leigh Anne. I am currently a grad student need help answering some qustions regarding bilingual and ELL/ESL teachers. I have to get answers to 25 questions for my masters program. If you can help I would greatly appreciate it. Here are my questions. If you like you can email me your responses through my personal email...adamsleigha@bellsouth.net. Thank you inadvance.

1. How many years have you been teaching ESL?
2. In the beginning of the year, what kinds of assessments are given to help plan instruction?
3. What kinds of assessments do you give for grammar?
4. What kinds of assessment do you give for vocabulary?
5. What kinds of assessmentss do you give for reading comprehension?
6. What knids of assessments do you give for listening comprehension?
7. What kinds of assessments do you give for speaking proficience?
8. Do you give aptitude tests?
9. Do you give placement tests?
10. Do you give diagnostic tests?
11. What are some problems of assessing communication in a second language?
12. What subjective and objective testing tecniques do you use?
13. What methods do you use to develop English prnunciation and listening to spoken English?
14. What methods do you use to develop syntax and semantics?
15. In you class is spoken English the principal objective in language learning?
16. What classroom activities and skills for reading have you implemented in the classroom?
17. How do you start teaching writing to second language learners who have no knowledge of the English script?
18. Do you use cooperative learning in your classroom?
19. Do you use sheltered instruction or SDAIE?
20. What specific school and community resources are available to your second language learners?
21. What strategies do you use to build linguistic continuity between the home and school to support student's social and cognitive development?
22. Is there any particular theory of second language acquisition that influences your teaching methodology?
23. How do you plan for differences in prior learning and in students' differences in cognitive learning styles?
24. How do you link the Standards to your types of assessments and instructional planning?
25. Is there anything else that you would like to emphasize or let me know that can help me understand what it is like to be a teacher of ESL or bilingual education?

If anyone can help answer these questions I would appreciate it.

Thanks.

HI!I live in singapore.my teacher asked me to look 4 idioms,so i search n found this site.:D

Hello everybody!
May I introduce myself?
My name is Bui thi Hong, next week is my 29th bithday. I have learnt English for nearly 10 years but not use it so ofen expecially in writing I just only speaking. Some friends said I speak English very well. Indeed I think that my English is not good enough. So I would like all of you help me to improve it. now I work as asistant. As all the woman in the world, I like shopping. I am still single. I am glad to be here. thank you!:)

Hi,I am a new member of this site.I am very glad as I opened it.I want to improve my English and hope could get something from all of you, 8)

Hi everyone!! My name is Yasmine and i'm from Singapore.
I've just completed my TESOL course. I'm planning to teach
english to kids in Japan in the near future.:-D :-D

Hi, l am Lee from Malaysia, hope to make make new friends and share ideas in teaching English as a second language. I am a teacher and I am teachng English to the primary school kids, sometimes I do encounter problems in teaching English as my first language is Chinese, so I hope those out there will share their experience with me and give me some advice in the usage of grammar. I would like to be friends with other members, my e-mail address is triple_lee02@yahoo.com.

Last edited:
Hi , everybody

My name is Teia and I am from Romania.

It might seem to you that I am a new member here on this site but, in fact, I have been a member of this site for more than a year.

I am sorry that I had to change my profile settings from sheena55ro [and my e-mail address , as well] to teia .

Anyway, I am happy to be here with you again, with tdol, DavyBCN, red5, MrPedantic, rewboss, [I appologize for having forgotten the others` names], mykwyner, Matilda, Joie, Janaine, and the rest of newbies, junior members, members, senior members, editor, webmaster , professionals, teachers of English and experts.

All the best,

Teia

Hi all! I'm loving this site. I'm from Brazil, I'm 21 years old, I study biology and the Federal university of Viçosa-MG, Brazil. I love studying languages, I speak portuguese, I can speak spanish very well, I study english since last year and I'm starting to study french. I want to learn italian and german before I die. Ok! hugs for all!

Re: Hi, everyone. I am Collin

Hi , Everyone, I am Collin from China.
I love my country, and love my country's tradionary culture, and I love English too.
I search pure English forum in goole and find this forum. It is a good place to learn English, and to communicate with others.

I am going to make friends with someone who love English too.

Red5 said:
New Members
:n00b:
Why not introduce yourself to us here and tell us a little about yourself?
:smilecol:
hi. I'm Geetha from India. I love English n would love to associate myself with like-minded people. thats why I'm here.

vipreeth said:
hi. I'm Geetha from India. I love English n would love to associate myself with like-minded people. thats why I'm here.
hi Geetha How r u ? I am Sanjay from I NDIA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back