International Café

Status
Not open for further replies.
I met two English women yesterday night whose one, a 24-year-old, was really pretty - not to say hot.:lol: Candidly a lovely girl!

They proposed to me to go to a club and I used to say "yes" but, I do not know why, - damn it - I afterwards answered no. :-| Accordingly, the pretty one was upset and the other did not care.

Tonight we should meet once again at a party and here I am to ask you what is the better way to make up with her?
Hey, Phil!

How are things in the fast lane????

The next time you see the gal ask her out for a cup of coffee or a drink at the local pub. Tell her that you think she would be a terrific person to visit with. I'm sure that if she is interested in pursuing a 'friendship' with you, she will respond favorably to your invitation!

Let us know what happens! :up:

Cheers,
Amigo

Hey, Phil!

The next time you see the gal ask her out for a cup of coffee or a drink at the local pub. Tell her that you think she would be a terrific person to visit with. I'm sure that if she is interested in pursuing a 'friendship' with you, she will respond favorably to your invitation!

Cheers,
Amigo
Hey Amigos,
I never knew that you were a Professional Counselor.
The next time I require services of Advisor, you are on top of the list.
Namaste,

SUDHKAMP

Hey Amigos,
I never knew that you were a Professional Counselor.
The next time I require services of Advisor, you are on top of the list.
Namaste,

SUDHKAMP
I am at your service, SUDH! Anytime you need counseling let me know! I'll provide you my professional discount for services rendered!! :up:

I am at your service, SUDH! Anytime you need counseling let me know! I'll provide you my professional discount for services rendered!! :up:

Sudh surely does require your counseling counsellor.......he is still single or at least that is what he claims to be.

Sudh surely does require your counseling counsellor.......he is still single or at least that is what he claims to be.
Nain, I believe SUDH has a string of beautiful women that he entertains on a regular basis!!! :cool: Maybe he'll post some of their photos for us to drool over! ;-)

Is India still hot or is the weather starting to cool off during the nights?

Nain, I believe SUDH has a string of beautiful women that he entertains on a regular basis!!! :cool: Maybe he'll post some of their photos for us to drool over! ;-)

I also believe that Sudh is a great man who is keeping women in his hidden room! :)

India is hot, but Tabriz is getting colder these days and people of other cities are departing towards my land to have fun with its snappy climate!

P

Yes, I have a string of beautiful women, whose children I am entertaining these days on regular basis!:cry:(they all got married!:oops:) Sure, you can have their Photos along with their husbands and children, and you may drool!(towels please)

India has recieved scanty rainfall and the Monsoons have not been fair to many parts. My city has recieved only half the rainfall of the average. It is very humid and it has become green around and looks beauftiful but the weather is damp and is leading to many diseases. Many indescribable insects are also thriving in these conditions along with weeds and grass.
All of us are praying to God, to give us ampule rainfall this Monsoon, so that farmers would be able to have good crops and the commodities prices may come down.

INDIA HAS WON FIRST INDIVIDUAL GOLD MEDAL IN 10 METER RIFLE SHOOTING AT BEIZING OLYMPICS!
CONGRATULATIONS ABHINAV BINDRA :up:

Last edited:
Hey, Phil!

Cheers,
Amigo

Nothing at the moment. Maybe tomorrow or thursday or Friday.. Nothing is sure. I unfortunately cannot tell more

Your posts are still useful, I keep taking note of.

I will! :up:

Kiss :cool:
VincenT

Absolutely I can do! But unfortunately I really don't know what I'm supposed to write about! Please give me a subject! Iranians better know their usual English conversations than non-Iranian do! :)

P

What:?:

A helping hand!;-)

I'm still confused.

I just want to find the address of this PhD and know if he speaks English (he teaches in Toronto, he should speak Eng.).

Hey guys, I need y'all!

I'd like to write a mail/e-mail to Ramin Jahanbegloo, the PhD.

Can you help me?

(if you can send me a copy of your answer via PM [private message])

(In Karpatos, the Greek island I'm going to, there are not internet cafés [last time they were not], sorry!)

Thanks and bye.
Hey, Sim!

Dr. Ramin Jahanbegloo can be reached at ramin.jahanbegloo@utoronto.ca

Good luck!

Cheers,
Amigo

I'm still confused.

I just want to find the address of this PhD and know if he speaks English (he teaches in Toronto, he should speak Eng.).

Yes! He knows English very well!

... Among his twenty books in English, French and Persian are Conversations with Isaiah Berlin (Peter Halban, 1992), Gandhi: Aux Sources de la Nonviolence (Felin, 1999), Penser la Nonviolence (UNESCO, 2000), Iran: Between Tradition and Modernity (Lexington Books, 2004), India Revisited: Conversations on Contemporary India (Oxford University Press, 2007), The Clash of Intolerances (Har-Anand, 2007) and very recently The Spirit of India (Penguin, 2008).

I know him and I met him in a free conference of philosophy in Tehran about 2 years ago! The following link is an interview with him that took place on July 28th, 2008:

Transparency and Understanding: During an Interview with Gozaar, Ramin Jahanbegloo Stresses the Need for Dialogue in Iran - Gozaar - رامین جهانبگلو: جهانی بودن، یعنی همبستگی تفاوت‌ها

Phttp://www.gozaar.org/template1.php?id=1087&language=persian

He replyed!
I wrote an e-mail (a quite crazy one, I had a long day...) and he replyed!

Also don't be worried about your English proficiency when writing a letter to him! Iranian always know what a non-native speaker of English talks with them in English! ;-)

P

Now I'm trying to find a copy of his interview, I've read it on an Italian newspaper, and he asked me to find it and send it.

I wrote some minutes ago to La Repubblica (the newspaper that interviewed Dr. Jahanbegloo) and I hope they'll reply.

Also don't be worried about your English proficiency when writing a letter to him! Iranian always know what a non-native speaker of English talks with them in English! ;-)

P

Well, my English was really awful.

Dear Dr. Jahanbegloo,
I'm a 14-years-old Italian student and I've read your interview on an Italian newspaper and I've been really impressed.
Since 2007 I'm asking autographs to everybody I respect and when I've read that interview I told myself "I should really ask his signature too!".
Thus I'm here, writing in my horrible English this letter that maybe will be trashed by a anti-spam filter, hoping in something I shall never have.
If this letter wasn't trashed, my silly question is: "can I have your autograph?"
Please reply as soon as you can (if you want),
your faithfully,

horrible, isn't it?

Dear Dr. Jahanbegloo,
I'm a 14-years-old Italian student and I've read your interview on an Italian newspaper and I've been really impressed.
Since 2007 I'v been asking autographs to everybody is specially respected by me and when I read that interview I told myself all of a sudden "I should ask his signature too!".
Thus I'm here, writing this letter in my horrible English that will may be trashed by an anti-spam filter or something else!
If this letter wasn't trashed, my silly question would be: "Could I have your autograph?"
Please reply as soon as you can (if you want),
your faithfully

P

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back