International Café

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is this like "father's day"? If so..that's the stupidest thing ever!:roll:

<it really does exist...now if one needs day to remember who is your friend...I have never heard such a stupid thing in my life.

Friendship Day,Friendship Day Celebrations,Friendship Day 2008,Friendship Day India

this is fortunately NOT celebrated her in Spain.

How idiotic can we get???
Everyone knows the new Seven Wonders,
but only few know the Seven Wonders of Friendship:
To walk together,
To laugh together,
To share secrets together,
To love,
To care,
To support,
To have fun.

Which of the 'Wonders of Friendship' do you disagree with, Heidi? :?:

I can think of many celebrations that are more 'idiotic' than Friendship Day! ;-):)

The author of "'The Gulag Archipelago" is no more with us.
He fought for freedom in a terrain of terror. His writings kindled a ray of hope in darkness. No Prize can recognize his sacrifice for the struggle he put forth for "Freedom of expression". He witnessed and scripted in his life a revolution, a "Free Russia". The bird is free, atlast.
Long live ALEXANDER SOLZHENITSYN.
The forum pays homage to this departed soul.

for the Forums,

SUDHKAMP

Thanks for sharing the Seven Wonders of Friendship with us, Amigo.
I wonder how many "thanks" you will get for that...One is from me!;-)

I think this place really offers happiness! So what should we do about it? That is the point that we get cheerful all together and make a hierarchy of friends so that UsingEnglish is appreciated through using our presence! That's all! ;-):up:

Happy Friendship Day!

P

Proof, my dear friend, you read my mind.

Everyone knows the new Seven Wonders,
but only few know the Seven Wonders of Friendship:
To walk together,
To laugh together,
To share secrets together,
To love,
To care,
To support,
To have fun.

Which of the 'Wonders of Friendship' do you disagree with, Heidi? :?:

I can think of many celebrations that are more 'idiotic' than Friendship Day! ;-):)

So can I, Amigos. but this must be one of the most idiotic "celebrations" ever.

Soon, we will have

our pet's day
grandmother's day
grandfather's day
uncle's day
aunt¡s day
beauty day
long-nose men day....

I agree with my friend, Heidi, but in the end, it's ok if the celebration makes the people happy :roll:

... and People's Names' Day for those who are in the danger of forgetting their names. :lol:

I forgot one..

flag's day = bandera's day:cool:;-)

So can I, Amigos. but this must be one of the most idiotic "celebrations" ever.

Soon, we will have

our pet's day
grandmother's day
grandfather's day
uncle's day
aunt¡s day
beauty day
long-nose men day....
I can hardly wait to celebrate Big-Busted-Women's Day!!!! :cool:

Talk about idiotic celebrations, Heidi! What about the "Hogueras" (bonfires) 'celebrations' in your country???? This celebration is the observance of the winter solstice, the shortest day of the year and the beginning of winter. It is characterized by people jumping over fires as a symbolic protection against illness. :roll::roll::roll: I feel ill just thinking about it! I'll take Friendship Day anytime!!! :up:

Cheers,
Amigo (FRIEND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They named a day after me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!):up:

The phenomenal aspects of Friendship can be expressed in terms of one's 'love' and 'interests' as follows:

1- When you read a book, there is a force acting on you to be interested in reading! So we put two friends together: The book and the reader!

2- True Love means to be a recognition of soul's counterpoint in another one; so that friendship would be between two 'Lovers'! (Common life is begining)

3- Business Forums offer more absorptive forces to have more dealers, people doing the shopping and people just seeing things: UsingEnlish gets busy when people use their capabilites to fulfill their own works similarly as those people do in real business forums! So the hierarchy of people in this forum makes it be friendly loved! Try some other friends to make sure you still are beloved!

4- Start spinning around in a circle! After some minutes you'll be at the point you were! So the friendship is going to be broken down soon if you still are spinning around in a circle! Interesting life will give you the solution to this problem on how to find the permanent friendship for good: Enjoy the things even they are not that funny! Maybe someone takes the wind out of your sails, but you think of yourself positively! It means you still are your friend! No circle in friendship is accepted!

5- Friends can be like snakes in your pants: if you are sinking down in their sea, they could see the circumstances convenient to let you die easily! Awareness is what offers you a big hit in your friendship!

6- Do soul-serching when you think you are missing your friends! To Strengthen the friendship, first refer to yourself!

Amigo, Bea, Sudh (Other Indian members), Heidi and my little boy Sim and other people make a chain of True friends that I really enjoy devoting my time to read their notes in the forum! Pure, righteous and funny!

P

That's my main man, everyone!!!!!! P has been doing his homework!!! :)

Nicely said, P! I am honored to be your friend!

A

P is a man of letters (& emotions) than a man of science.:)

P your book on quantum physics is surely going to be a best seller.:up:

P is a man of letters (& emotions) than a man of science.:)

P your book on quantum physics is surely going to be a best seller.:up:
Nain is writing a book, too! "Lessons to Be Learned from Boneheaded Trainees!" ;-) Look for it in your local bookstore around Christmas! :up:

Nain is writing a book, too! "Lessons to Be Learned from Boneheaded Trainees!" ;-) Look for it in your local bookstore around Christmas! :up:

That will not be a book but a do-it-yourself kit containing a sledgehammer.:)

Let us remember on his anniversay, the first Nobel Prize Laureate in literature from India:
RAVINDRANATH TAGORE

P has become Key Member in the forums. Congratulations.

Beascarpetta has reached the milestone of 2000 posts in the forums. She has been very affectionate and benevolent to members of the forum. We appreciate her knowledgeable posts in the forums and wish that she would find time to keep doing the same(as and when she finds time from checking those High School Papaers!;-))
The forums congratulate her on the occasion.

For the forums,

SUDHKAMP

Hi guys, was reading "Kidnapped" by Robert Louis Stevenson and came across this great line. I found it very amusing, I hope you all enjoy it too.

".....There was a kind of nobelness in this that took my breath away; if my uncle was certainly a miser, he was one of that through breed that goes near to make the vice respectable."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back